Author Topic: End the Income Tax.... Katie Kieffer  (Read 963 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
End the Income Tax.... Katie Kieffer
« on: April 24, 2017, 02:03:24 pm »

End the Income Tax
Katie Kieffer
4/24/2017 12:01:00 AM - Katie Kieffer

Tell President Trump to ask Congress to end the federal income tax so that you and I can reach our full potential for wealth.

This weekend, President Trump tweeted that a: “Big TAX REFORM AND TAX REDUCTION will be announced [on] Wednesday.” This is great news. However, as we go through the process of improving the tax code, we must encourage our politicians to do two things:

1.) Eliminate the unconstitutional federal income tax.

2.) Reduce hidden taxes that politicians eternally use to offset tax “cuts”—namely increases in federal spending.

America turns 241 years old in July. We’re still a “baby” nation in contrast to Rome, which recently celebrated its 2,770th birthday. Now, consider that for the first 126 years of our country’s existence—which is longer than the second half of its existence—there was no such thing as a federal income tax.

How did our country thrive without income taxes for 126 years? Answer: federal spending was significantly lower than it is today. In the early 1900s, government spending accounted for roughly 7% of our GDP; today, federal spending accounts for around 35% of our GDP.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/katiekieffer/2017/04/24/end-the-income-tax-n2317178
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: End the Income Tax.... Katie Kieffer
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 02:12:35 pm »
Can't be done soon enough!

The Marxist income tax and it's attendant IRS are antithetical to a FREE people and should be thrown onto the ash heap of history ASAP!

http://fairtax.org

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 02:19:24 pm »
I'm all for abolishing it, but the income tax has been Constitutional since the ratification of the 16th Amendment in 1913.

It has never had a realistic chance of being abolished because the income tax code, as presently constituted serves as a full employment act for legions of financial planners, tax attorneys, lobbyists, and bureaucrats.

Also, the costs of each IRS provision are widely dispersed among taxpayers, while the benefits accrue to narrow (and vocal) constituencies and to the elected officials who employ such tax provisions to purchase their loyalty.   
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 02:46:17 pm »
I'm all for abolishing it, but the income tax has been Constitutional since the ratification of the 16th Amendment in 1913.

It has never had a realistic chance of being abolished because the income tax code, as presently constituted serves as a full employment act for legions of financial planners, tax attorneys, lobbyists, and bureaucrats.

Also, the costs of each IRS provision are widely dispersed among taxpayers, while the benefits accrue to narrow (and vocal) constituencies and to the elected officials who employ such tax provisions to purchase their loyalty.

The Income tax: Root of all evil

http://www.thelastbastille.com/2017/02/01/income-tax-root-evil/

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »

Oh, I get it.  It's like ObamaCare.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »
Sometimes I'll read old diaries that have been turned into books.  They usually offer great insight to the "real" history of the times.

One talked about a temporary buffet line setup by local officials.  Didn't cost much but everyone had to pay.  It wasn't much of a buffet but better than nothing. 

The author visited the town a few years later and guess what?  OK, you already know what.  That buffet story in the book struck me as a perfect metaphor for the IRS, any government program, etc.

What began as a buffet with 1 main dish, 1 vegetable and 1 dessert would today be a full on smorgasbord of everything under the sun to eat.  And people will bitch if you tell them you have to cut back on expenses, so instead of 9 choices for dessert you only get 8.  But it's not too late to tell them to shut up and sit down.  And if you keep bitching - no dessert for you.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 04:02:45 pm »
Oh, I get it.  It's like ObamaCare.

It is far more entrenched than ObamaCare; which is why we need to get rid of ObamaCare as quickly as possible.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 04:19:14 pm »
It is far more entrenched than ObamaCare; which is why we need to get rid of ObamaCare as quickly as possible.

IF we ever again want to be a TRULY free people we MUST rid ourselves of both! That is simply a FACT!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 04:31:07 pm »
IF we ever again want to be a TRULY free people we MUST rid ourselves of both! That is simply a FACT!

Agreed. But well-meaning people tend to underestimate the difficulty of the task, which would necessitate the organization and applied influence of millions of taxpayers, who the other side understands are too busy working (and paying taxes) to mount a successful challenge to the status quo.