Author Topic: Awful. Obama to Speak in Chicago — Will Take Questions on President Trump  (Read 2917 times)

Offline DiogenesLamp

Hate to break this to you, but Obama is not going to jail..

That remains to be seen,  but if he doesn't,  it will only be because of his connections to the Washington establishment power block. 
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I don't take anyone seriously on this site, certainly not you. My purpose on this site is to vent.

Well that seems to be something within your capabilities.     Of course childish tantrum throwing doesn't require a lot of effort.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

I'm going to say this one more time.. OBAMA IS NOT GOING TO PRISON!!!

Thank God.   At least I won't have to hear that inanity from you any more. 

Obama belongs in Prison.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Well that seems to be something within your capabilities.     Of course childish tantrum throwing doesn't require a lot of effort.

Where was I throwing a childish tantrum?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Half of his supporters want to make him emperor anyway.

Exactly the type of remark democrats made about Nixon, Reagan and Bush II.

So you fit right in with them. But this site proves anybody can be anything they claim to be.

Trans-conservative. Trans-Republican.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

• Technical

So you fit right in with them. But this site proves anybody can be anything they claim to be.

Do you post at FR? Twitter? "The_Donald" in Reddit?

See the "trump worship images" thread.

I don't recall seeing this kind of stuff with any other GOP Presidents.

Offline kevindavis007

Do you post at FR? Twitter? "The_Donald" in Reddit?

See the "trump worship images" thread.

I don't recall seeing this kind of stuff with any other GOP Presidents.

I don't recall this when Reagan was President..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline DiogenesLamp

Where was I throwing a childish tantrum?

From my perspective,  it was already ongoing when I got here May of last year,   and it has yet to cease so far as I have been able to tell.   

I'm not enamored of Trump,   but he's been doing some good things,   and best of all,   he isn't that psychotic hate-witch Hillary.   

From my perspective,  he could do absolutely nothing and still be a great success compared to Hillary. 

— Lord Melbourne —

• Technical
From my perspective,  he could do absolutely nothing and still be a great success compared to Hillary.

:laugh:

I have no words...

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't recall this when Reagan was President..

This hangs in my office. It's folk art from the early 80's. There were Reagan worship items around back then, they just were not on the interwebs......because it wasn't around.

• Technical
This hangs in my office. It's folk art from the early 80's. There were Reagan worship items around back then, they just were not on the interwebs......because it wasn't around.

Yeah no. "Jelly Bean Kid" vs the numerous "Emperor Trump" memes on FR, Reddit, and twitter.

Does not compare. Not even close.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah no. "Jelly Bean Kid" vs the numerous "Emperor Trump" memes on FR, Reddit, and twitter.

Does not compare. Not even close.

It is exactly the same thing. Irrational worship pieces being made to idolize a politician. Donny isn't the first Pres to have them and he won't be the last.

• Technical
It is exactly the same thing. Irrational worship pieces being made to idolize a politician. Donny isn't the first Pres to have them and he won't be the last.

Jelly Bean Kid = Emperor Trump?

Not even close.

Offline DiogenesLamp

:laugh:

I have no words...

Oh thank God!   Free at last...  free at last.   Lord Almighty we are free at last! 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Mod2

As has been pointed out innumerable times, no one's holding a gun to your head.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obama's three most popular voices are:
His stuttering guy voice, "I I I I just don't get it. It it it it doesn't make sense."
His Black southern preacher voice, "I caint wait to eat me some grits and chitlens."
His northeastern professor voice,"Uh, let me, uh, be, uh, clear. Uh, laugh all you, uh, want to, uh, but I, uh, happen to like uh, arugula. Aaaaaaaannnd, I don't care, uh, if anyone has, uh, a problem with, uh, that.
He has others, such as stand-up comedian voice, and smartass wedding MC voice, etc.

It's hard to rate which one is the most annoying because they all drive me crazy.
Today, he was using 'professor voice'. I listened for a couple of minutes and that's all I could handle. It was the same old Obama, with the same old failed ideas straight out of the 1960s. This guy will never change.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

Obama avoids Trump as he steps back into spotlight

By Ben Kamisar and Rebecca Savransky - 04/24/17 12:55 PM EDT

Former President Obama stepped into the spotlight Monday for the first time since leaving the White House, but he steered clear of any political commentary or criticism of President Trump.

Cable news networks provided live coverage as Obama convened a youth roundtable in Chicago to talk about participation in civic life.

“What’s been going on while I’ve been gone?” Obama said with a smile as he sat down, giving a nod to the high public interest in the event.

The appearance at the University of Chicago is the first part of a re-entry to public life for the former president, who has mostly kept quiet since leaving the White House.

The former president traveled Sunday to meet with at-risk youth in Chicago ahead of Monday’s speech and is slated to make a handful of other remarks and appearances across the globe in the near future.

Images and videos of Obama windsurfing in the Caribbean, grabbing a Starbucks in New York or congregating with celebrities in French Polynesia have emerged in the last two months.

There has also been the occasional political moment from Obama, who offered a statement highlighting the anniversary of ObamaCare on the day House Republicans sought to pass a bill repealing it.

But Obama has not spoken publicly about Trump’s allegation that the previous administration tapped the phones of Trump Tower, and he’s generally steered clear of politics, a practice he continued on Monday.

Obama focused much of his introductory remarks on local politics and his post-election goal of helping to “knock down some of the barriers discouraging young people from a life of service.”

He also laid out a list of challenges that he said are facing the country, including climate change, criminal justice reform, economic inequality and violence. 

“All these problems are serious, they are daunting, but they are not insoluble,” Obama said. 

“What is preventing us from tackling them and making more progress really has to do with our politics and our civic life.”

He specifically pointed the finger at “political gerrymandering,” which he said has moved the political parties further apart; money in politics, which creates a system where “special interests define the debate in the Washington in ways;" and the polarization of media, which allows people to further enforce their own reality “to the neglect of a common reality.” 

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330236-obama-avoids-trump-as-he-steps-back-into-spotlight

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
As has been pointed out innumerable times, no one's holding a gun to your head.
Go ahead and use the Mod power to threaten me, instead of engaging the substance. He's more substance, btw.

M1:  You're a funny man.  If we're so bad, why do you post?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:31:38 am by Mod1 »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm going to say this one more time.. OBAMA IS NOT GOING TO PRISON!!!
Do you have some clairvoyance no one else here possesses?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online corbe

Go ahead and use the Mod power to threaten me, instead of engaging the substance. He's more substance, btw.

M1:  You're a funny man.  If we're so bad, why do you post?

Damnit @truth_seeker  When you disparage this place that we like to congregate and converse in, you sound like your shackled and chained and just here to make our lives miserable (TROLL), Debate the Issues with us don't ridicule our Home, or I will personally, for the first time, hit the MOD button, It's BS.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.