Author Topic: NYT....Comey Tried to Shield the F.B.I. From Politics. Then He Shaped an Election.  (Read 460 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Comey Tried to
Shield the F.B.I. From
Politics. Then He
Shaped an Election.

As the F.B.I. investigated Hillary Clinton and the Trump
campaign, James B. Comey tried to keep the bureau out
of politics but plunged it into the center of a bitter election.

By MATT APUZZO, MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, ADAM GOLDMAN and ERIC LICHTBLAU
APRIL 22, 2017

WASHINGTON — The day before he upended the 2016 election, James B. Comey, the director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, summoned agents and lawyers to his conference room. They had been debating all day, and it was time for a decision.

Mr. Comey’s plan was to tell Congress that the F.B.I. had received new evidence and was reopening its investigation into Hillary Clinton, the presidential front-runner. The move would violate the policies of an agency that does not reveal its investigations or do anything that may influence an election. But Mr. Comey had declared the case closed, and he believed he was obligated to tell Congress that had changed.

more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/us/politics/james-comey-election.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
NYT.  Not to be believed without independent verification.  They're just throwing everything they can imagine against the wall to see what might stick in their deep desire to invalidate the last presidential election.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Frank Cannon

Nice spin NY Times. Comey is corrupt and should be jailed.

Offline the_doc

NYT.  Not to be believed without independent verification.  They're just throwing everything they can imagine against the wall to see what might stick in their deep desire to invalidate the last presidential election.

None of this crap will stop unless and until Trump decides to KEEP his two most important PROMISES.  I am not talking about the border wall or tax reform or repealing Obamacare.  I am talking about PROSECUTING HRC and DRAINING THE D.C. SWAMP.  He should use the evidence collected by the NYPD to do both at once.