Author Topic: 9th Circuit denies wider court review of Trump's travel ban  (Read 399 times)

Offline corbe

9th Circuit denies wider court review of Trump's travel ban

By Nikita Vladimirov - 04/21/17 11:39 PM EDT

The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday denied a request for an 11-member court review of President Trump's travel ban that was struck down by a Hawaii federal judge earlier this year.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the San Francisco-based appeals court voted to reject the request from Hawaii for a wider review that would have taken the case to a full “en banc” panel.

The decision means that the case will now follow a traditional path of judicial appeal, and will head to a three-judge panel next month.

According to the report, the judicial order did not provide any details as to why the request was denied by the court.

If granted, the request could have expedited the judicial process by sending the case straight to the full court panel.

The battle over Trump's revised travel ban that would temporarily prohibit U.S. entry to foreign nationals from six predominantly

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330033-9th-circuit-denies-full-court-review-of-trumps-travel-ban
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: 9th Circuit denies wider court review of Trump's travel ban
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 01:12:18 pm »
Isn't there a procedure to short-circuit the process and take this straight to the Supreme Court?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!