Author Topic: Florida Teacher Bans Cross Necklaces in Class, Promotes LGBT Day of Silence  (Read 10564 times)

Offline mirraflake

You mean the same science that gives us "Climate Change"????   THAT science??

Science is only science if there is no agenda attached to it.   If you're looking for evidence that you want to be there, it ain't science.

The climate is changing getting warmer. I believe man has some to do with it to a degree but mostly sun or natural phenomenon.

Ask any farmer who has been planting more than 40 years.

Offline mirraflake

Also, these gay studies mix gay men and gay women, which dilutes the results. I am talking specifically about gay men, not gay people in general. And whenever there are gay men with access to little boys, they tend to try to take advantage. Those gay priests, gay teachers, gay coaches, etc. don't have sex with each other. They don't go after other men involved in the situation. Instead, they all focus on little boys. I guess they are attracted to the innocence and lack of disease of youth. Whatever the reason, the fact that gay men love little boys is legendary. And no 'study' is ever going to change that fact.

I read the Daily Mail which is infatuated with teacher-pupil relationships and rarely does  a week go by there is not one posted.

Rarely do you see same sex  teacher pupil.  It's mostly female teacher -male student or male teacher -female student.

@240B

geronl

Of course science is not infallible.  But that's no reason to ignore it altogether ... unless you want to for some reason.

The gay gene myth was pro-homo propaganda, remember? now the lack of one is being used to support their same agenda? funny.

NAMBLA has been part of the gay movement since it first appeared, it was front and center at their first marches.

Offline musiclady

Of course science is not infallible.  But that's no reason to ignore it altogether ... unless you want to for some reason.

There is no scientific proof that people are born homosexual.  The agenda is on the side of the left, not mine.

What the left always does is throw out a theory, write about it as though it's fact, discuss it as though it's fact, and eventually people believe what they're told to believe.

There never has been genetic proof that people are "born that way."

So you're not talking about science.  You're talking about what leftists want you to believe is science.

It happens ALL the time.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

The gay gene myth was pro-homo propaganda, remember? now the lack of one is being used to support their same agenda? funny.

NAMBLA has been part of the gay movement since it first appeared, it was front and center at their first marches.

Extremists have been behind the propaganda, and eventually the gullible believe it.

They are beginning with pedophilia, and soon the gullible will believe that people are just "born that way" and we shouldn't interfere with "science."

All it takes is the skill of observation over a few decades to see clearly what has and is still happening.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

Extremists have been behind the propaganda, and eventually the gullible believe it.

They are beginning with pedophilia, and soon the gullible will believe that people are just "born that way" and we shouldn't interfere with "science."

All it takes is the skill of observation over a few decades to see clearly what has and is still happening.

Homosexuality was once categorized as a mental illness or mental disease.  I believe due to political correctness many psychiatrists and the medical community in general have retracted their studies and theories.   Gay rights groups proclaim that homosexuals are as “normal” as heterosexuals, I question, how can that logically possibly be when that behavior isn't the norm?

..." Dr. Stanton L. Jones, professor of psychology at Wheaton College, states that there is a “mixed scorecard” among professionals on this. He writes: “I would not regard homosexuality to be a psychopathology in the same sense as schizophrenia or phobic disorders. But neither can it be viewed as a normal ‘lifestyle variation’ on a par with being introverted versus extroverted.” One may debate whether or not homosexuality is a pathological disorder, but it is clear that the APA’s 1973 decision cannot be cited as medical consensus that homosexuality is a “normal” condition. ....

http://www.equip.org/article/is-homosexuality-an-illness/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
My wife and I know 4 gay men very well. Blood cousins, marriage related or close friends.

Non were ever abused and came from model homes, religious homes with loving parents

My wife's cousin came over to her house every Sunday back in the day when they were kids and she new he was "different" back then.

My SIL brother is gay and also came from model home..loving dad etc.Dad and son are real close to this day.

My wife told me 10 years ago my SIL son(my nephew) is gay at age 10 . He acted 100% the same way as her cousin did at that age. You just know.

We just spent some time with them recently and he is now 20 and we are both 100% percent convinced he is gay but just has not come out yet.

My cousin I thought was gay. During family get togethers he would bake cookies and such while all of us boys watched football. He would sew clothes etc He did get married which surprised me but it ended in divorce 7-8 years later and he never remarried. My wife and I both think he is gay but never came out because he did not want to hurt his deeply religious parents

I am 100% convinced it is something that happens in the womb during gestation for most gays. Not to say some are abused or some just want that lifestyle. I beleive some women are born gay but many are form abused relationships.

@musiclady

I think you are correct.

Offline libertybele

Yes indeed.  In the 70s scientific studies told us that we were heading toward a new ice-age. Scientists told us that we would run out of oil and gas by 2000. Al Gore and his science told us that there would be no snowfall by 2015.

Also, these gay studies mix gay men and gay women, which dilutes the results. I am talking specifically about gay men, not gay people in general. And whenever there are gay men with access to little boys, they tend to try to take advantage. Those gay priests, gay teachers, gay coaches, etc. don't have sex with each other. They don't go after other men involved in the situation. Instead, they all focus on little boys. I guess they are attracted to the innocence and lack of disease of youth. Whatever the reason, the fact that gay men love little boys is legendary. And no 'study' is ever going to change that fact.

I have only read a couple of studies and I find your comment about gay men having access to little boys troublesome.  I don't doubt what you are saying, but if indeed gay men tend to prey upon little boys; then it is psychotic behavior; thus, getting back to the point that homosexuality is a type of mental disorder; certainly not normal behavior.

Whether it be an imbalance that happens in the womb or as a result of life situations; nonetheless, the behavior is not normal. So..why should we give this very small minority group of people equal rights especially in our bathrooms?

As for Albert Gore ... he's coming out with a sequel to an "Inconvenient Truth".  We had to sit and watch the trailer at the theater and it seems to target Trump.  I can't believe people are still that stupid to believe in climate change!  Al must be running out of money or gearing up to run in 2020.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 09:02:54 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Homosexuality was once categorized as a mental illness or mental disease.

Epilepsy was once categorized as demonic possession.  Addiction was once categorized as human weakness. Categories can change.

Offline libertybele

Epilepsy was once categorized as demonic possession.  Addiction was once categorized as human weakness. Categories can change.

Which means what exactly?  It seems to me that there is a push to 'categorize' homosexuality as a normal behavior. IMHO society is evolving into a politically correct arena where everything goes because the minority has taken the liberty to desensitize the majority. As an example same sex marriage and inter-racial marriage is becoming more acceptable as well as living together in lieu of marriage or having children out of wedlock. I personally see all of this political correctness as a breakdown of traditional family values, morality and Christian values in our society.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What's the school dress code say?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mirraflake

Which means what exactly?  It seems to me that there is a push to 'categorize' homosexuality as a normal behavior. IMHO society is evolving into a politically correct arena where everything goes because the minority has taken the liberty to desensitize the majority. As an example same sex marriage and inter-racial marriage is becoming more acceptable as well as living together in lieu of marriage or having children out of wedlock. I personally see all of this political correctness as a breakdown of traditional family values, morality and Christian values in our society.
Are you against interracial marriage because it sure appears you think it is wrong.
@libertybele

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The climate is changing getting warmer. I believe man has some to do with it to a degree but mostly sun or natural phenomenon.

Ask any farmer who has been planting more than 40 years.
Climate has always changed--it is part of a dynamic system.
How much humans influence that is the question, and I honestly believe that is one of those numbers so small it really doesn't factor into the big picture.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I read the Daily Mail which is infatuated with teacher-pupil relationships and rarely does  a week go by there is not one posted.

Rarely do you see same sex  teacher pupil.  It's mostly female teacher -male student or male teacher -female student.

@240B
The male teacher female student and female teacher male student ones get headlines. The other situations are out there, and don't get the airtime and media play from the MSM the heterosexual cases do. Considering that gays make up 2% of the population, one would expect the same sex cases would be around the same percentage of sexual exploitation between a teacher/coach and students. While there may be a reporting bias, I think the number is somewhat more than that.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:11:34 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

I think you are correct.

One thing I learned years ago from a dear friend in children's services, is that you can't know what's going on inside a family from what things seem to be to outsiders.  The families that seem to be "functional" may just be hiding abuse, and it's certainly not something they reveal at family picnics or Thanksgiving dinners.

At any rate, mirraflake's examples are all anecdotal, and the fact of the matter is that there is no scientific proof for homosexuality's being genetic.

Some things are genetic, such as sensitivity, greater need for affection, etc. that actually are characteristics present at birth that may affect which boys (and girls) are more susceptible to the abuse or emotional neglect by their parents.

Another factor is abuse from outside.  There are babysitters who abuse children, teachers, other relatives, etc., who may have been factors in turning these people away from normality to illness.

IOW, mirraflake's few examples just back up his own bias and don't prove a thing.

@Sanguine

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:27:45 pm by musiclady »

Offline musiclady

The male teacher female student and female teacher male student ones get headlines. The other situations are out there, and don't get the airtime and media play from the MSM the heterosexual cases do. Considering that gays make up 2% of the population, one would expect the same sex cases would be around the same percentage of sexual exploitation between a teacher/coach and students. While there may be a reporting bias, I think the number is somewhat more than that.

When homosexual abuse by teachers is too great to cover up, the press is forced to cover it, but never addresses the same sex aspect of it.  You could have read every word of the Jerry Sandusky abuse case in the media, and never have seen it mentioned that the predator was a homosexual.  It was obvious, of course, but the press never touched it.

@Smokin Joe

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
One thing I learned years ago from a dear friend in children's services, is that you can't know what's going on inside a family from what things seem to be to outsiders.  The families that seem to be "functional" may just be hiding abuse, and it's certainly not something they reveal at family picnics or Thanksgiving dinners.

At any rate, mirraflake's examples are all anecdotal, and the fact of the matter is that there is no scientific proof for homosexuality's being genetic.

Some things are genetic, such as sensitivity, greater need for affection, etc. that actually are characteristics present at birth that may affect which boys (and girls) are more susceptible to the abuse or emotional neglect by their parents.

Another factor is abuse from outside.  There are babysitters who abuse children, teachers, other relatives, etc., who may have been factors in turning these people away from normality to illness.

IOW, mirraflake's few examples just back up his own bias and don't prove a thing.

@Sanguine

No, I didn't say it was genetic - I believe much male homosexuality to be caused by factors in utero.  Which may be influenced by genetic factors. There is quite a bit of evidence for both of those points.  Does that mean it is settled science, one way or the other?  No, that's not how science works (slamming "climate experts" here).

And, the idea that no one has discovered a definitive genetic cause doesn't mean one isn't there; just means one - or many - haven't been discovered yet.

And, yes, @mirraflake was using anecdotal evidence to back up his understanding and did so quite well I thought.

Offline mirraflake

@Sanguine

Who is talking genetics? I'm talking hormonal mixup in the womb or early childhood. Too much or too little or wrong amount.

Scientist still can't figure out female sex drive. Why do two women, both healthy and fit, same age, no physical problems, no abuse, no metal issues, one has absolute zero sex drive and one has healthy sex drive?

Oh and the cases  I gave you of gays I know. I know for a fact non were ever abused. They were all asked.

This lesbian woman is an example of what I am saying about hormonal mixup.  I have seen plenty of non transgender people in real life who I cannot know for certain is male or female.

@musiclady

« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 03:25:39 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

Lesbian non transgendered woman.  If I did not know she was a woman and I knew there was no transgendersim involved I would have a very difficult time knowing  if this was a  woman or man.

This woman clearly did not have enough estrogen in the womb or early development that makes a woman feminine.

@musiclady
@Sanguine
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:21:17 pm by mirraflake »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@mirraflake, I feel compelled to add that I agree that homosexual behavior is clearly and unequivocally prohibited in the Bible, which, as a practicing Christian, is my guidebook and the Word of God.

As for God's reasons, I won't pretend to be wise enough to understand fully.  I will say that our time on Earth is short and perhaps many of the things that seem so overwhelmingly important to us here will be revealed as not very important in the next stage of our being.  And, many of the things that we think we have time for later or aren't terribly important were the things that should have been at the top of our priority lists. 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

@Sanguine

People here who are determined to view homosexuality as evil, i.e. 'something they could not be if they would just try and be good people.'

Those people do not believe in scientific studies and they apparently don't believe in anecdotal evidence.

What they are sorely lacking is common sense.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

People here who are determined to view homosexuality as evil, i.e. 'something they could not be if they would just try and be good people.'

Those people do not believe in scientific studies and they apparently don't believe in anecdotal evidence.

What they are sorely lacking is common sense.

Quite wrong in every aspect, @Emjay.

Those of us who view homosexual behavior as evil are the ones not making up our own rules because it feels good.

It is not at all a lack of "common sense," rather it is an acknowledgement that there is an Authority beyond our own meager ability to understand, and believing that the message we have received from that Authority is infallible.

btw, the God we serve is the God who created all things, including science.

Where "science" differs from His word, it is the "science" that is in error, not the Holy and Perfect God.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Quite wrong in every aspect, @Emjay.

Those of us who view homosexual behavior as evil are the ones not making up our own rules because it feels good.

It is not at all a lack of "common sense," rather it is an acknowledgement that there is an Authority beyond our own meager ability to understand, and believing that the message we have received from that Authority is infallible.

btw, the God we serve is the God who created all things, including science.

Where "science" differs from His word, it is the "science" that is in error, not the Holy and Perfect God.

It does not 'feel good' to be an outcast for much of society.  I think there must be different 'gods' because my God tells us to forgive one another as He forgives us.

I should not have hopped back on this thread because it is depressing.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline musiclady

No, I didn't say it was genetic - I believe much male homosexuality to be caused by factors in utero.  Which may be influenced by genetic factors. There is quite a bit of evidence for both of those points.  Does that mean it is settled science, one way or the other?  No, that's not how science works (slamming "climate experts" here).

And, the idea that no one has discovered a definitive genetic cause doesn't mean one isn't there; just means one - or many - haven't been discovered yet.

And, yes, @mirraflake was using anecdotal evidence to back up his understanding and did so quite well I thought.

Even if he did it well, it is merely a few cases of which he is not privy to all of the information.

"Scientists" have been working very hard to prove their leftist agenda, and yet have failed.  It is an effort to blame God (it's been done by liberals even on this board) for homosexuality, and for those who don't believe in God, an effort to prove that it is "normal" because it's inborn.

What IS inborn, in every single one of us, is a bent to sinning, and each of us need to work on NOT doing what is Scripturally forbidden.   Not just homosexuality (which is in as bold letters as any sin is), but other forms of lust, lying, gossip, hatred, sinful anger, theft, selfishness, greed, and every other form of sin.

"For ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory of God."   Thankfully, we have a Savior, who took our sins on Himself, so that we don't have to be burdened with them.   (I know you believe this, and it isn't intended as a sermon to you.... just a conclusion to my thoughts here).

Offline musiclady

It does not 'feel good' to be an outcast for much of society.  I think there must be different 'gods' because my God tells us to forgive one another as He forgives us.

I should not have hopped back on this thread because it is depressing.

There is no conflict between God's commandment to forgive others infinitely (70 times 7), as He forgives us, and His commandment to "go and sin no more" and all the laws that Jesus, Himself, made more restrictive (lust as sinful as adultery, hatred as sinful as murder).

Just because God commands us to forgive, doesn't mean He doesn't expect us to obey.

There is nothing mutually exclusive between recognizing what is sin and forgiveness for those sins.