Author Topic: Chaffetz considering early departure from Congress  (Read 625 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chaffetz considering early departure from Congress
« on: April 20, 2017, 04:34:46 pm »
Chaffetz considering early departure from Congress
By Cristina Marcos - 04/20/17 11:49 AM EDT

House Oversight Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who stunned Washington with an announcement that he is not running for reelection, might not even finish his remaining term.

Chaffetz told KSL News Radio’s Doug Wright that he may not finish out his full term through 2018. But he said he’s still debating the decision amid uncertainty over how Utah would establish a process to replace him early.

"I will continue to weigh the options, but I might depart early," Chaffetz told the Utah radio host on Thursday.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/329716-chaffetz-considering-early-departure-from-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Re: Chaffetz considering early departure from Congress
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 04:36:27 pm »
Odd...  :shrug:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 04:38:24 pm »
Odd...  :shrug:

The article says he might run for Governor in 2020.  Maybe he wants to stay out of Washington.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 04:47:24 pm »
Wow. Well this changes things a bit... usually an early departure signals health issues of some sort, either with him or someone close to him maybe?
Let it burn.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 07:22:06 pm »
Wow. Well this changes things a bit... usually an early departure signals health issues of some sort, either with him or someone close to him maybe?

Even though the article states something about him running for governor in 2020 ... leaving his house seat early doesn't exactly look good, so I tend to agree with you, that either he or someone he's close to has health issues.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 08:26:37 pm »
He really wants out of there. I wonder what happened.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 11:01:35 pm »
He really wants out of there. I wonder what happened.

Well, if not for health reasons, then perhaps he's been threatened?  "Politico" is reporting that the reason is not due to a scandal and the "Hill" is reporting he wants to return to the private sector.  Still, very odd for him to leave without finishing out his term.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/20/jason-chaffetz-utah-retire-scandal-237423

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/329813-jason-chaffetz-is-already-looking-for-a-new-job
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.