Author Topic: Mattis tells lawmakers Trump budget won't fully rebuild military: report  (Read 472 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mattis tells lawmakers Trump budget won't fully rebuild military: report
By Max Greenwood - 04/21/17 08:34 AM EDT

Defense Secretary James Mattis has privately cast doubt on President Trump's proposed Pentagon spending levels, telling members of Congress that the $603 billion request is not enough to fulfill Trump's vow to rebuild the military, CNN reported Friday.

Mattis has not spoken out against the spending plan publicly. But privately, the defense chief has told lawmakers that even with the proposed boost in funding, the Defense Department would not receive enough to do everything Trump has proposed.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/defense/329849-mattis-trumps-defense-spending-plan-not-enough-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Congress seems to be able to find money for b.s. projects but they can't seem to find money for two things; our military and to build the dang wall.  Enough is enough.  Time to call our Congressmen and DEMAND that they find a way; they can cut funding to other  countries, staffing of our park rangers and maintaining vacant land, EPA, IRS, etc., to fund our military and secure our borders; two issues that are vital to the well being of our country.  By the way do we really need to be spending $2.6 million dollars  training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job???   
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:15:55 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

duh

At least someone in the admin is realistic for once