Author Topic: HuffPo: Take away white men's right to vote. Promises 'decline in the influence of reactionary and neo-liberal ideology'  (Read 671 times)

rangerrebew

HuffPo: Take away white men's right to vote
Promises 'decline in the influence of reactionary and neo-liberal ideology'
Published: 8 hours ago

(FreeBeacon) A blog post published Thursday on the Huffington Post’s South African version of the site advocated stripping white men of their right to vote.

Shelley Garland is an activist and feminist completing a Master of Arts degree in philosophy and “working on ways to smash the patriarchy.”

“Could It Be Time to Deny White Men the Franchise?” she asked Thursday in the title of her blog post.
Read the full story ›

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/04/huffpo-take-away-white-mens-right-to-vote/#6vEsjbM8T22CJbJf.99

Offline goatprairie

Ha,ha,...that's a good one. White men are chiefly responsible for the civilization we enjoy today.   Apparently, there are a number of people on the left who really want to start a war.  I don't think they'd like the end result.

geronl

and how are these people supposed to be any better than the Klan or segregationists?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm in favor of doing so. On the understanding that "no taxation without representation" is still foundational and those who lose their vote do not get taxed.

Lets see how long they last.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
I'm in favor of doing so. On the understanding that "no taxation without representation" is still foundational and those who lose their vote do not get taxed.

Lets see how long they last.

I like it! Make government authority voluntary: if you refuse to pay taxes to any particular government, it has no authority over you.  The traditional English definition of the word "outlaw," meaning outside the law.  If we were to go that way, you could have competing "governments" defined by how many "taxpayers" each "government" could attract.  Hmmm.  Sounds just a bit like big-city gangs, now that I think about it.  So essentially the governments we have now are equivalent to gangs that have destroyed all opposing gangs in their areas of operations.  That kind of explains a lot.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Update on this story:

Sly Hoaxer Who Humiliated the Huffington Post Has Lost His Job

By Ian Miles Cheong | 8:58 am, April 20, 2017   

Earlier this week, the gullible Huffington Post fell victim to a hoax article calling for white men to be stripped of their voting rights. The site became the subject of widespread derision and condemnation after HuffPost editors stood up to defend the article’s content.

But as was later revealed, the author submitted the piece to Huffington Post South Africa as a hoax, intending to prove a point about the outlet’s radical leftist stance. He did so under a fake persona masquerading as a feminist activist named “Shelly Garland.” He has since lost his job after being outed by the site.

Following its publication and subsequent retraction, the HuffPost identified the author behind the “Shelly Garland” persona as Marius Roodt, a researcher at South Africa’s Centre for Development and Enterprise. According to the site, the email address Roodt used to submit the piece was traced back to him. The site claims that his identity was further “confirmed with facial recognition technology,” as he digitally altered a picture of himself to look like a woman....

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/sly-hoaxer-who-humiliated-the-huffington-post-has-lost-his-job/

Offline goatprairie

Update on this story:
I'll bet a very large percentage of regular HuffPo habitues thought it would be a very good idea to do exactly what is advocated in the hoax article. I've read more than a few far left articles advocating pretty much the same thing.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'll bet a very large percentage of regular HuffPo habitues thought it would be a very good idea to do exactly what is advocated in the hoax article. I've read more than a few far left articles advocating pretty much the same thing.

That's why it worked so well - it was easy for them to agree with.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I think it's funny that it's a hoax, because it's exactly what they believe. They'd do it here if they could get away with it.

Why do you think Obama has pushed minorities to welfare as well as importing immigrants by the boat load, literally? To do some political and demographic cleansing and fundamentally transform the makeup of America.

Had Hillary been elected, she would have opened the floodgates and completed the plan.
The Republic is lost.