Author Topic: One Day After Bill O’Reilly Was Fired by Fox News, Sean Hannity is in Trouble  (Read 2249 times)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
For primary coverage I turned to CNN because in their hatred for republicans they were far more fair on their coverage of republicans against each other. They actually did some investigating of Trump's claim about Rafael Cruz and the JFK thing and found evidence to the contrary. Naturally Trump's alt right army went ballistic over CNN investigating in favor of the "Cubadian".

As it is, attitudes toward the media were a primary reason for me walking away from TOS. I got real sick of people behaving as Saddam Hussein's media "minders" thinking that they could filter and approve the news and anyone reading unapproved sources was the enemy. I finally declared that if thinking for myself makes me the enemy then so be it and those who don't like it can KMA.

Yeah, TOS was my go to aggregate source for so long.  Too bad they chose to foul it up.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yeah, TOS was my go to aggregate source for so long.  Too bad they chose to foul it up.

I've learned to trust nothing, get the information from multiple sources, and try to filter best the bias. You learn a lot, not just from the actual news story, but the spin. It is like learning a magician's misdirection. Once you know what they want you to look at, you then know what they want you to avoid.

Mostly, I've been watching CGTV (was CCTV) and Fox Business for news. The former is China's version of CNN but actually has far less opinion in its news coverage than other networks and you at least have a better idea what bias to look for. They seem to give all sides in the US the same critical eye, not favoring either. 

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
I've learned to trust nothing, get the information from multiple sources, and try to filter best the bias. You learn a lot, not just from the actual news story, but the spin. It is like learning a magician's misdirection. Once you know what they want you to look at, you then know what they want you to avoid.

Mostly, I've been watching CGTV (was CCTV) and Fox Business for news. The former is China's version of CNN but actually has far less opinion in its news coverage than other networks and you at least have a better idea what bias to look for. They seem to give all sides in the US the same critical eye, not favoring either.

Aye.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Only TV news I watch is the occasional clip posted here. Never watch the talking heads - I get enough of folk telling me what to think about things at work. It's why I'll ask for transcripts of videos.
Besides, they're too slow. I read fast.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink