Author Topic: Trump to host Palestinian President Abbas on May 3: White House  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump to host Palestinian President Abbas on May 3: White House
Reuters, Apr 19, 2017

U.S. President Donald Trump will host Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in Washington on May 3, the White House said on Wednesday.

"They will use the visit to reaffirm the commitment of both the United States and Palestinian leadership to pursuing and ultimately concluding a conflict-ending settlement between the Palestinians and Israel," White House spokesman Sean Spicer told reporters.

(Reporting by Jeff Mason; Writing by Washington Newsroom; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-trump-palestinians-abbas-idUSKBN17L26Y

geronl

Re: Trump to host Palestinian President Abbas on May 3: White House
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:15:39 pm »
I wonder how he will embarrass us this time.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:25:22 pm »
I wonder how he will embarrass us this time.

Meeting with Abbas is a good start. The Palestinian commitment to peace is a joke and we all know it.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 07:59:29 pm »
I hope this is fake news. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »

It appears congratulating Edogan on his fresh dictator status was just a warm-up act? 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 09:21:30 pm »
It appears congratulating Edogan on his fresh dictator status was just a warm-up act?

Actually, @Cyber Liberty this meeting was planned during the President' earlier call with Abbas.  It's been in the "works" for at least a month.  Can't have a peace treaty with only Israel.   :shrug:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 09:26:14 pm »
Actually, @Cyber Liberty this meeting was planned during the President' earlier call with Abbas.  It's been in the "works" for at least a month.  Can't have a peace treaty with only Israel.   :shrug:

I'd like to know how one can have a "peace treaty" with a "nation" that still swears it's their solemn duty to annihilate the other country involved?   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 09:34:53 pm »
I'd like to know how one can have a "peace treaty" with a "nation" that still swears it's their solemn duty to annihilate the other country involved?   :shrug:

It's time to find out if this is hyperbole or truth.  There's nothing to fear talking with Abbas ... and maybe something to gain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 09:42:13 pm »
It's time to find out if this is hyperbole or truth.  There's nothing to fear talking with Abbas ... and maybe something to gain.

Could be.  I'm not against talking to him, but he needs to explain why they say different things when addressing Arabic crowds and the rest of the world.  I don't think it's hyperbole to believe the Palies still want all Jews gone or dead, or they wouldn't keep shelling them.  Katyusha rockets are not hyperbole. 

Having a nice cup of tea at Trump Tower would be a more appropriate venue than the White House.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 09:44:42 pm »

Exactly!. That sob should not be let anywhere near the WH.   Let CAIR host this douche.

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 09:48:36 pm »
Could be.  I'm not against talking to him, but he needs to explain why they say different things when addressing Arabic crowds and the rest of the world.  I don't think it's hyperbole to believe the Palies still want all Jews gone or dead, or they wouldn't keep shelling them.  Katyusha rockets are not hyperbole. 

Having a nice cup of tea at Trump Tower would be a more appropriate venue than the White House.

Agree @Cyber Liberty ... except with tea at Trump Tower.  That would imply a friendship we do not have and are not trying to build with Abbas.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2017, 09:52:45 pm »
Agree @Cyber Liberty ... except with tea at Trump Tower.  That would imply a friendship we do not have and are not trying to build with Abbas.

Just a Ferinstance.  Really, anywhere would be better than the White House, because that also infers a relationship we don't have.  Camp David would probably be best.  Nice, open air and plenty of security.  Worked well enough in the 70's.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 09:58:28 pm »
Just a Ferinstance.  Really, anywhere would be better than the White House, because that also infers a relationship we don't have.  Camp David would probably be best.  Nice, open air and plenty of security.  Worked well enough in the 70's.

Camp David would work for me. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 09:59:35 pm »

Same here.