Author Topic: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report  (Read 6911 times)

Wingnut

Re: Fox negotiating Bill O'Relly's exit: Report
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 07:35:11 pm »
:beer:

now I have no worries because I'm all alone in my lab.   :shrug:

And he wouldn't hurt a fly.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 07:36:10 pm »
One of the many puzzles in this world was the big attraction of the Bill O'Reilly show.  I know for a fact he had high ratings for many years.  Maybe they could have put a monkey in that time slot and gotten high ratings, but I doubt it.  At least not for the long term.

Whatever the secret sauce was I never got it.

He was unique in the beginning because of his bombastic style and his saying things that no other host had ever said.

But he got old fast for me, and I don't understand the appeal all these years.

As for Fox News, I agree with @DB upthread that they destroyed their credibility in the last election.

No "fair and balanced" at all........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2017, 07:37:54 pm »
He was unique in the beginning because of his bombastic style and his saying things that no other host had ever said.

But he got old fast for me, and I don't understand the appeal all these years.

As for Fox News, I agree with @DB upthread that they destroyed their credibility in the last election.

No "fair and balanced" at all........

I think they bought into what Rush Limbaugh used to always say:  "No, I don't have a balanced show with conservative and liberal thought.  I PROVIDE balance by existing alongside all the liberal outlets."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2017, 07:38:24 pm »
I have never liked BOR since I heard him on air critiquing the Paris Hilton sex tape.  All I could think about was the contrast between him and someone like Sean Hannity who wouldn't be caught dead watching something like that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Silver Pines

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2017, 07:40:40 pm »
I'm not surprised.  May he do a better job of this than the time he was doing the bow-tie shtick, when he always had it undone around his neck by the end of the show, as if to prove he doesn't do clip- or strap-ons.

Lol

I think Carlson is pretty sharp and funny.  One of the last times I watched Fox News was when he sat in for Hannity, and he was such a stark contrast with Sean's dimwitted, repetitive presence.  I said to my husband it was a pity he couldn't have Hannity's timeslot.

Now he's done even better.   :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2017, 07:41:45 pm »
I think they bought into what Rush Limbaugh used to always say:  "No, I don't have a balanced show with conservative and liberal thought.  I PROVIDE balance by existing alongside all the liberal outlets."

IOW, neither fair nor balanced.

They used to at least try to give perspective while being more conservative than liberal.  They were the closest thing to balance out there.

No more.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2017, 07:42:06 pm »
I have never liked BOR since I heard him on air critiquing the Paris Hilton sex tape.  All I could think about was the contrast between him and someone like Sean Hannity who wouldn't be caught dead watching something like that.

I've gotten to where I don't like either one of them.  O'Really has gotten predictable, and Hannity is an ungifted interviewer who, after all these years, hasn't grasped the concept of "follow-up question."  Too many times he's left me hollering "Why didn't you ask this in response to the total crap answer you just got?"  He always moves on, satisfied with himself.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2017, 07:43:03 pm »
IOW, neither fair nor balanced.

They used to at least try to give perspective while being more conservative than liberal.  They were the closest thing to balance out there.

No more.

That's about the size of it.  All it's done is increase the size of the chasm.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2017, 07:44:32 pm »
I've gotten to where I don't like either one of them.  O'Really has gotten predictable, and Hannity is an ungifted interviewer who, after all these years, hasn't grasped the concept of "follow-up question."  Too many times he's left me hollering "Why didn't you ask this in response to the total crap answer you just got?"  He always moves on, satisfied with himself.

That's because everything he says is simple, memorized and idiotic.

He couldn't think for himself if he tried.  That's why he never responds to what his supposed interviewees say.

He's too busy trying to remember his repetitive, stupid comments.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2017, 07:46:47 pm »
That's because everything he says is simple, memorized and idiotic.

He couldn't think for himself if he tried.  That's why he never responds to what his supposed interviewees say.

He's too busy trying to remember his repetitive, stupid comments.

He reminds me of some people I know.  You can tell when you're talking to them they aren't listening to what you're saying, they're busy formulating what they're going to say.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2017, 07:47:52 pm »
He reminds me of some people I know.  You can tell when you're talking to them they aren't listening to what you're saying, they're busy formulating what they're going to say.

Oh, like talking politics to a leftist?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2017, 07:51:41 pm »
Oh, like talking politics to a leftist?

That's one example, yes.  Doesn't apply to all leftists, I spoken with some who have been a real challenge.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2017, 07:52:04 pm »
Hannity is an ungifted interviewer who, after all these years, hasn't grasped the concept of "follow-up question."  Too many times he's left me hollering "Why didn't you ask this in response to the total crap answer you just got?"  He always moves on, satisfied with himself.

I am in complete agreement with you.  I scream at my TV too (and radio) when I hear Hannity.  Political lightweight, yes.  But scumbag, no.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2017, 07:53:09 pm »
I am in complete agreement with you.  I scream at my TV too (and radio) when I hear Hannity.  Political lightweight, yes.  But scumbag, no.

Correct.  He's not heavyweight enough to be considered a dirtbag.
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2017, 07:55:00 pm »
Maybe Inside Addition will take him back...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2017, 07:55:56 pm »
Maybe Inside Addition will take him back...

It'd be a step up for both of them...  :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2017, 08:14:51 pm »
Fox News drops Bill O'Reilly in wake of harassment allegations
Fox News, Apr 19, Howard Kurtz

Fox News is cutting ties with Bill O’Reilly, the biggest star in its 20-year history, after mounting allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior prompted the network to end his program.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement, “the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

Today’s decision seemed unimaginable a few short weeks ago, given O’Reilly’s long reign as the top-rated host in cable news.

More:  http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/19/fox-news-drops-bill-oreilly-in-wake-harassment-allegations.html 

Wingnut

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2017, 08:15:17 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Looks like Bolling is getting a show at 5pm (the old 5 at 5 slot) and then Tucker Carlson Tonight will be moving up from 9 pm, which will now be the home of The Five, co-hosted by Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bob Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters, and Juan Williams.

Eric Bolling will be getting the 5 pm slot to himself and Watters will replace him on The Five cast.   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:16:09 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2017, 08:20:00 pm »
@240B

I made it clear I was dangerous to the man who backed me into a corner in an empty office and tried to box me in with his body. 

A history of sexual harassment isn't something normal and healthy men in general need to "get out of their system."  It's an attempt to use and manipulate by using power.

I agree that sexual harassment must be more of a power issue than a sex issue. Although this may sound trite, I do not understand this kind of behavior even though it is very common. From Generals in the military, to politicians, to CEOs, it seems that the people most prone to this kind of behavior are usually the very people with the most to lose.

I guess my approach, to simply get rid of the urge, does not apply to people who are in it for power and domination. I am simple guy who thinks in simplistic terms. If I want sex, I get sex, end of story. I'm not attracted to domination which is why I do not understand why these harassers do what they do. The worst situation I personally have ever had to deal with in this regard was dealing with a married woman who had a crush on me. My God, that was a minefield.

It is best to be overly cautious when dealing with women. Truth, reality, doesn't mean anything. Just the accusation alone is enough to ruin a career and a marriage regardless of the details. I avoid women at work. It may not be for everyone, but that is how I roll.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:20:41 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2017, 08:26:58 pm »
Now that, is a body slam. Not giving him the opportunity to sign off is more than just firing him. That is vengeful and vindictive. Gotta be some bad blood between O'Reilly and Fox.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2017, 08:29:42 pm »
I agree that sexual harassment must be more of a power issue than a sex issue. Although this may sound trite, I do not understand this kind of behavior even though it is very common. From Generals in the military, to politicians, to CEOs, it seems that the people most prone to this kind of behavior are usually the very people with the most to lose.

I guess my approach, to simply get rid of the urge, does not apply to people who are in it for power and domination. I am simple guy who thinks in simplistic terms. If I want sex, I get sex, end of story. I'm not attracted to domination which is why I do not understand why these harassers do what they do. The worst situation I personally have ever had to deal with in this regard was dealing with a married woman who had a crush on me. My God, that was a minefield.

It is best to be overly cautious when dealing with women. Truth, reality, doesn't mean anything. Just the accusation alone is enough to ruin a career and a marriage regardless of the details. I avoid women at work. It may not be for everyone, but that is how I roll.

To much dignity to play for low stakes?  I dunno.

I agree about the just stay isolated route, if you're a not especially sensitive person (like me).  I fail to notice when gals come on to me, so I could easily walk into a trap without noticing.
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Looks like Bolling is getting a show at 5pm (the old 5 at 5 slot) and then Tucker Carlson Tonight will be moving up from 9 pm, which will now be the home of The Five, co-hosted by Kimberly Guilfoyle, Dana Perino, Bob Beckel, Greg Gutfeld, Jesse Watters, and Juan Williams.

Eric Bolling will be getting the 5 pm slot to himself and Watters will replace him on The Five cast.   

Sounds OK.  I like Bolling.  I'll miss Brett Baier, always liked him for some reason.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2017, 08:38:40 pm »

It's because you're so darned irresistible!

Wingnut

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2017, 08:40:19 pm »
Sounds OK.  I like Bolling.  I'll miss Brett Baier, always liked him for some reason.

Brett is still on at 6!