Author Topic: Ted Cruz concerned Democrats will trigger government shutdown  (Read 691 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
...and so the blame game continues .... this time ... the blame is on the DEMS.  Turn around is fair play.

Ted Cruz concerned Democrats will trigger government shutdown

Ted Cruz, no stranger himself to government funding fights, expressed concern Monday that the “Democratic radical left” would prompt a government shutdown in the coming weeks as Congress faces an April 28 deadline to pass a spending bill.

“You know, I very much hope we don’t have a shutdown,” Cruz told reporters. “I will say I’m concerned. I think [Senate Minority Leader] Chuck Schumer and the Democrats want a shutdown.”

Cruz had a starring role in the 2013 government shutdown, which lasted 16 days and was prompted over failed efforts by Republicans to defund the Affordable Care Act. Afterward, some Republicans blamed Cruz for helping instigate the shutdown without a realistic plan to prompt the Obama administration to blink on the issue.

“You know, one of the dynamics we’ve got is the Democratic radical left is demanding of Senate Democrats that they oppose everything, that they engage in across-the-board obstruction,” Cruz said Monday. “And so I do have some concern that to appease the radical left, Chuck Schumer and the Democrats may do everything they can to try to provoke a shutdown.”

This time around, the Trump administration has signaled it wants its priorities reflected in the spending bill that will be before lawmakers when they return from their two-week spring recess Monday. That could include funding for Trump’s proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, an idea that is anathema to Democrats who will have to provide some support to get the legislation across the finish line.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/ted-cruz-concerned-democrats-will-trigger-government-shutdown/

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

geronl

Re: Ted Cruz concerned Democrats will trigger government shutdown
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 07:39:53 pm »
does everyone have to be a hypocrite? is it a new rule?

I would love to see a government shut down.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »
Ted is not really concerned on a government shutdown.

His concern is who will be blamed for it, as the media will not do it to Schumer et al
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:53:08 pm »
Ted is not really concerned on a government shutdown.

His concern is who will be blamed for it, as the media will not do it to Schumer et al

Exactly. However, it is no different than the MSM pointing the finger at Cruz awhile back.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 10:53:57 pm »
I think he's trolling the democrats.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 10:56:07 pm »
Nothing wrong with getting out in front of the story, instead of waiting for Schumer to get the jump on you with the usual song & dance.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2017, 12:02:29 am »
Nothing wrong with getting out in front of the story, instead of waiting for Schumer to get the jump on you with the usual song & dance.

888high58888

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:30 am »

Ted Cruz concerned Democrats will trigger government shutdown

And the downside is what? 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —