Author Topic: Democrats throw millions, Hollywood punch into Georgia House race  (Read 5931 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Democrats throw millions, Hollywood punch into Georgia House race
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2017, 04:08:46 am »
Ossoft:  "I was this close."

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2017, 04:09:07 am »
CNN now "projects": There will be a runoff in June between Jon Ossoff and Karen Handel.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2017, 04:10:30 am »
CNN now "projects": There will be a runoff in June between Jon Ossoff and Karen Handel.

There goes $8 million of George Soros money shot to hell.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:01 am »

Oh, I hope Pajama Boy loses BIG in June.   :laugh:

« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:28 am »
There goes $8 million of George Soros money shot to hell.

I call that a good start ...  :beer:

geronl

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2017, 04:12:06 am »
It's okay though, the Jon Ossoff Victory Party can now be the Band Camp it always wanted to be.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2017, 04:13:28 am »
We have another Snowflake fail, the second one in a2 weeks. Did I die and go to heaven?

Offline endicom

« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2017, 04:17:10 am »
Did I die and go to heaven?

Not if that's one of your virgins.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2017, 04:21:55 am »
UPDATE [4/18/17, 12:17 p.m. EST]:

President Donald Trump weighs in.

Despite major outside money, FAKE media support and eleven Republican candidates, BIG "R" win with runoff in Georgia. Glad to be of help!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/854547423464759296?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fijr.com%2F2017%2F04%2F851174-live-ground-updates-georgias-special-election%2F

« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2017, 04:21:57 am »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump   More
Despite major outside money, FAKE media support and eleven Republican candidates, BIG "R" win with runoff in Georgia. Glad to be of help!

geronl

« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2017, 04:25:02 am »
UPDATE [4/18/17, 12:17 p.m. EST]:

President Donald Trump weighs in.

Only to take credit, lol.

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2017, 04:27:21 am »

No ... he did not take credit.  He said he was happy to help.  And I'm sure he'll be helping again from now through the election.

President Trump, after all, @geronl is the head of the Republican Party so we should expect no less from him.   ^-^

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2017, 04:31:02 am »

Bruce Levell was the pro-Trump candidate.  He finished 10th.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2017, 04:33:18 am »
No ... he did not take credit.  He said he was happy to help.  And I'm sure he'll be helping again from now through the election.

President Trump, after all, @geronl is the head of the Republican Party so we should expect no less from him.   ^-^

Oh stuff that high minded nonsense. Donny is poking the Rats in the eye for making a worthless special election in the middle of nowhere into a national referendum. The Rats deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for this disaster.

The little shit made Trump victorious instead.

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2017, 04:36:18 am »
Donny is poking the Rats in the eye for making a worthless special election in the middle of nowhere into a national referendum. The Rats deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for this disaster.

I agree with this @Frank Cannon .... and I'm not tired of winning!   :laugh:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2017, 04:39:48 am »
Oh stuff that high minded nonsense. Donny is poking the Rats in the eye for making a worthless special election in the middle of nowhere into a national referendum. The Rats deserve to be mocked and ridiculed for this disaster.

Ditto.  Had Ossoft won, the Dems would be pushing it on all cylinders as some sort of nationwide anti-Trump mandate.  If what Trump says knocks Democrats off-balance, then more power to him.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2017, 04:39:48 am »
I agree with this @Frank Cannon .... and I'm not tired of winning!   :laugh:

Very glad the dem did not pull it off.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2017, 04:59:08 am »
Donny Jr is kinda funny. I like him.....

Donald Trump Jr.‏ @DenaldJTrumpJr 2h2 hours ago

Looks like Democrats are working with the Russians AGAIN to hack the election and undermine democracy! #GA06

Decision Desk HQVerified account @DecisionDeskHQ

Fulton County is having problems updating its tallies into state servers, and won't update reporters on site...yet
               7 replies 29 retweets 48 likes

Donald Trump Jr.‏ @DenaldJTrumpJr 2h2 hours ago

Looks like Democrats have sent another warning shot for 2018 by losing again #GA06

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2017, 05:02:50 am »

Trump won the hand, but it was the Dems that ran the stakes up.  I expected them to pour the money in (GOP would have done the same thing), and I expected the media to pump it up as a huge loss for Trump, but I am a little pleasantly surprised by the conniptions the left in general is having.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 05:09:31 am »
Trump won the hand, but it was the Dems that ran the stakes up.  I expected them to pour the money in (GOP would have done the same thing), and I expected the media to pump it up as a huge loss for Trump, but I am a little pleasantly surprised by the conniptions the left in general is having.

LOL. The MSM is already calling this a HUUUUGE lose for Trump. They are also calling the GOP House seat that was won last week as a devastating loss as well. If you can read this piece without breaking out laughing you are comatose.....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/18/politics/georgia-house-6th-special-election-jon-ossoff/

The near-death experience for Republicans -- on the heels of one a week earlier in Kansas, where Democrats nearly flipped a deep-red district -- could still have the effect of leading GOP lawmakers in competitive states and districts to seek distance from the President, making it even more difficult for Trump to advance his agenda on Capitol Hill.
In Tuesday's results, Democrats saw more evidence of a playing field for the 2018 midterm elections that has drastically expanded -- and given the party's 10 senators up for re-election in states that Trump won some breathing room.
"To me what's amazing is that we continue to see this level shift across the country, a 20-point swing, that puts about 123 Republican seats potentially in play," said Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsas.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:35 am »

We were kinda into it also, Frank.  And, by the way, that woman was really suffering.  Have you no pity?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2017, 05:39:30 am »
We were kinda into it also, Frank.  And, by the way, that woman was really suffering.  Have you no pity?

I do not know what that word "pity" means, but when I look it up I'll get back to you with an answer.

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:51 am »

I'm confused.  What woman @Emjay ?

Thanks!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2017, 06:20:27 am »
I'm confused.  What woman @Emjay ?

Thanks!

The distraught woman in the picture Frank posted.  Nobody in particular ... just a crying democrat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2017, 06:25:55 am »
Found "pity".

pit·y
ˈpidē/
noun
noun: pity

the feeling of sorrow and compassion caused by the suffering and misfortunes of others.
    "her voice was full of pity"
    synonyms:   compassion, commiseration, condolence, sympathy, fellow feeling, understanding; More
    sorrow, regret, sadness
    "a voice full of pity"
    antonyms:   indifference, cruelty
    a cause for regret or disappointment.
    "what a pity we can't be friends"
    synonyms:   shame, sad thing, bad luck, misfortune; More
    informalcrime, bummer, sin
    "it's a pity he never had children"

verb
verb: pity; 3rd person present: pities; past tense: pitied; past participle: pitied; gerund or present participle: pitying

feel sorrow for the misfortunes of.
    "Clare didn't know whether to envy or pity them"
    synonyms:   feel sorry for, feel for, sympathize with, empathize with, commiserate with, take pity on, be moved by, grieve for
    "they pitied me"

Origin
Middle English (also in the sense ‘clemency, mildness’): from Old French pite ‘compassion,’ from Latin pietas ‘piety’; compare with piety.
Translate pity to
Use over time for: pity

I know the words used trying to define it but combined they make no sense. Good news is that I know what "pityriasis" means now because it was next to pity in the dictionary.