Author Topic: Democrats throw millions, Hollywood punch into Georgia House race  (Read 5933 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Democrats throw millions, Hollywood punch into Georgia House race
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2017, 06:33:34 am »
A Frank without pity.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2017, 09:26:38 am »
Nice that he lost. We need the left deep demoralized.

However, now we got the runoff. Get everyone out voting that you can.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2017, 09:33:28 am »
Only to take credit, lol.

That's exactly what he did. What a douchebag.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2017, 11:52:21 am »
Is he going to take credit if Ossoff wins in June?  The GOP circular firing squad got 51.02%.  It won't take many defections or otherwise manufactured votes to turn that around.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2017, 12:06:22 pm »
Is he going to take credit if Ossoff wins in June?  The GOP circular firing squad got 51.02%.  It won't take many defections or otherwise manufactured votes to turn that around.

The top four candidates beat Ossoff by 200 votes.  It looks like the democRATs are stuck at 48% in GA-6.

I don't know much about Karen Handel, but she referred to herself as an "independent conservative."  We might have another Ted Cruz in the making.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2017, 12:26:20 pm »
The top four candidates beat Ossoff by 200 votes.  It looks like the democRATs are stuck at 48% in GA-6.

I don't know much about Karen Handel, but she referred to herself as an "independent conservative."  We might have another Ted Cruz in the making.

So far ... she was Georgia's first elected Republican Secretary of State....

https://karenhandel.com/about-karen/
https://karenhandel.com/issues/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2017, 12:29:03 pm »

Agreed.  51.02% doesn't leave a huge margin of error, especially in such a red state.  If I were the GOP I would still be demanding an investigation of the stolen voting machines.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2017, 12:31:53 pm »
So far ... she was Georgia's first elected Republican Secretary of State....

https://karenhandel.com/about-karen/
https://karenhandel.com/issues/

She's certainly right on all the issues.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

geronl

« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:52 pm »

If she sounds a lot like Ted Cruz a lot of Trump cult members would stay home

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2017, 01:06:28 pm »

Ted Cruz?  No.  But she definitely is no daring of the State GOPe, so that is definitely a plus.

The one good think I can say about Karen Handel is that she was a Republican back in the 70s when every one of these other state GOP politicians were still Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-