Author Topic: Pence, speaking near the DMZ, delivers strong message to North Korea  (Read 881 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pence, speaking near the DMZ, delivers strong message to North Korea
Published April 17, 2017 FoxNews.com

Vice President Pence warned North Korea Monday the “era of strategic patience is over,” expressing impatience with the speed and willingness of the regime to end its nuclear weapons program.

Pence, speaking near the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea, said President Trump is hopeful that China will use its “extraordinary levers” to pressure Pyongyang to abandon its weapons.

"But the era of strategic patience is over," Pence said. "President Trump has made it clear that the patience of the United States and our allies in this region has run out and we want to see change. We want to see North Korea abandon its reckless path of the development of nuclear weapons, and also its continual use and testing of ballistic missiles is unacceptable."

Continued: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/17/pence-speaking-near-dmz-delivers-strong-message-to-north-korea.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Pence, speaking near the DMZ, delivers strong message to North Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 04:21:39 pm »
On North Korean border, Pence tells CNN US will drop 'failed policy'
CNN, Apr 17, 2017, Dana Bash and Abigail Crutchfield

With North Korean soldiers standing less than 100 feet behind him at the Korean Demilitarized Zone, Vice President Mike Pence told CNN that Pyongyang should understand that the Trump administration's approach toward the regime will be different than that of past US presidents.

"We're going to abandon the failed policy of strategic patience. But we're going to redouble our efforts to bring diplomatic and economic pressure to bear on North Korea. Our hope is that we can resolve this issue peaceably," Pence said in an exclusive interview at the DMZ.

To achieve this new strategy, the administration is relying heavily on China, a country President Donald Trump spent his entire campaign railing against, but has since stopped as it became clear North Korea would be a top priority requiring China's help.

"I know the President was heartened by his discussions with President Xi (Jinping). We've seen China begin to take some actions to bring pressure on North Korea but there needs to be more," Pence said.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Lu Kang said in a daily briefing Monday that the onus was on all parties -- including the US and China -- to reach a peaceful solution.

More:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/17/politics/vp-mike-pence-dmz-bash/

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:36:27 pm »
I personally have a strong feeling that Trump is going to be President for just 4 years and then hand the reins over to Pence.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 04:38:36 pm »
I personally have a strong feeling that Trump is going to be President for just 4 years and then hand the reins over to Pence.

Hmmm. That's not a bad thing.

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 12:42:17 am »
I had Dana Loesch on today and she was dying laughing over this episode, saying that Pence marched out with a bomber jacket on and stood there with his arms folded, staring down the NK soldiers.  She said the fat boy was probably going to stroke out tonight.  It really is pretty funny; they're used to being coddled by the US. 

I just hope Chubs doesn't strap someone to a rocket launcher in a fit of pique.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 01:23:47 am »
We have been playing his families game for 50 years.  It is far past the time to see if lil Kim is gonna bark like a little dog or if he is  gonna bite. 

If he is gonna bite... bring it bitch!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:24:20 am by Wingnut »

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 01:26:36 am »
We have been playing his families game for 50 years.  It is far past the time to see if lil Kim is gonna bark like a little dog or if he is  gonna bite. 

If he is gonna bite... bring it bitch!

@Wingnut

Yeah, he's bad when he's surrounded by terrified sycophants and when he knows his supply of Little Debbie cakes is unlimited. 

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 01:31:12 am »
@Wingnut

Yeah, he's bad when he's surrounded by terrified sycophants and when he knows his supply of Little Debbie cakes is unlimited.

This is the 1st time an american president hasn't bent over and taken lil kims threats up his ass.   

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 04:09:05 am »
This is the 1st time an american president hasn't bent over and taken lil kims threats up his ass.

@Wingnut

If you had to guess, what would you say is going to happen with NK?  Just curious because I don't have a clue.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 04:19:35 am »

Pence gives the eye to NK

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 05:09:47 am »
@Wingnut

If you had to guess, what would you say is going to happen with NK?  Just curious because I don't have a clue.

Obviously just my opinion... I think our military has a plan and we're seeing that plan in action. There's been an obvious coordinated effort on our part to lay the media ground work. And Obama didn't have the courage to go with it. My only guess is they expect someone from within to take Kim out.