Author Topic: Trump Called Erdogan to Congratulate Him on Referendum Results, Sources Say  (Read 6098 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
No...its being reported by 5 different news agencies.

But hey... enjoy your denial of reality...easier than accepting the truth.  *****rollingeyes*****

Oh, please.

The original article only had information from Erdogan, not the greatest of truth tellers, and my post was based on that.

If Trump admitted that he did it, I will accept that truth.

Try not to be a big jerk ... at least not all the time.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Thanks, Mystery.  Why are people so dam mean here sometimes?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I just don't know....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm the Grizzly Federalist who just follered ya.

And, I follow you.  Oddly enough as Sanguine.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I know...

yee naaldlooshii
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Oh, please

Try not to be a big jerk ... at least not all the time.

Physician heal thyself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Physician heal thyself.

ho-o-pono-pono
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Mesaclone

Turkey is a key member of NATO and an absolutely key ally in the fight against ISIS. I'd imagine Trump and many other NATO nation leaders called to congratulate him on the voting. I'm no fan of Erdogan, but picking a fight with him given the critical geopolitical positioning of Turkey would be the height of foolishness. It is imperative we maintain a solid relationship there....if Roosevelt could stomach Stalin for the good of the planet than I'd hope Trump could manage a single phone call of congratulations to Erdogan.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

If I'm not mistaken, at least some ISIS fighters have found refuge and medical care in Turkey while our true friends the Kurds have found themselves on the receiving end of a few Turkish attacks.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Turkey is a key member of NATO and an absolutely key ally in the fight against ISIS. I'd imagine Trump and many other NATO nation leaders called to congratulate him on the voting. I'm no fan of Erdogan, but picking a fight with him given the critical geopolitical positioning of Turkey would be the height of foolishness. It is imperative we maintain a solid relationship there....if Roosevelt could stomach Stalin for the good of the planet than I'd hope Trump could manage a single phone call of congratulations to Erdogan.

If the truth were known I bet we would see Turkey fully involved FOR ISIS. Erdogan is going to make that place full on islamic.

Offline Mesaclone

If I'm not mistaken, at least some ISIS fighters have found refuge and medical care in Turkey while our true friends the Kurds have found themselves on the receiving end of a few Turkish attacks.

The Turks are no angels and have duplicitous intentions, but we must have their facilities and access to the battlefield through Turkey...and from our bases in Turkey...if we are to effectively fight ISIS and retake Raqqa. And so we must make nice with them, at least superficially.

Offline Cripplecreek

There appears to be an ongoing relationship.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
What battlefield? @mescalone

Our military presence in Syria needs to be zero. Zero.

I guess, though, if you step back and look at the big picture, our interest lies in keeping the ME embroiled in internecine strife.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:31:53 am by bigheadfred »

Offline Cripplecreek

If the truth were known I bet we would see Turkey fully involved FOR ISIS. Erdogan is going to make that place full on islamic.

You just don't understand "diplomacy". We've got to let them work with ISIS and kill our friends to achieve the goal of getting rid of Assad or something.  *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 02:31:15 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline Mesaclone

You just don't understand "diplomacy". We've got to let them work with ISIS and kill our friends to achieve the goal of getting rid of Assad or something.  *****rollingeyes*****

If you think that's our policy, then YOU don't understand diplomacy. Nobody works with ISIS, and we ally with who we must to defeat ISIS. Better Turkish troops on the ground fighting then our own.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
If you think that's our policy, then YOU don't understand diplomacy. Nobody works with ISIS, and we ally with who we must to defeat ISIS. Better Turkish troops on the ground fighting then our own.

Soooo...we should ally with Assad. Help him clean up HIS country.

Offline Mesaclone

Soooo...we should ally with Assad. Help him clean up HIS country.

We should use him to destroy ISIS. Is he worse than Stalin?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Funny how our side threw a fit when Obama congratulated him on his last victory. If anything, Erdogan has gotten worse since then. A lot worse.

http://therightscoop.com/obama-congratulates-erdogan-on-his-islamist-partys-big-win-in-the-election-in-turkey/

Of course Obama congratulates this authoritarian regime. He’s probably even a little jealous of them.

But as we’ve pointed out before, Obama supports what Erdogan is doing in raising the ‘New Turkey’, otherwise known as the Grand Caliphate that will be Turkey’s reincarnation of the Ottoman Empire.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
...and just to add a bit more flavor to this, Erdogan has been a wink and nod, if not overt supporter of ISIS.

http://www.danielpipes.org/14486/turkey-isis
Actually, the Turks offered far more than an easy border crossing: they provided the bulk of ISIS' funds, logistics, training and arms. Turkish residents near the Syrian border tell of Turkish ambulances going to Kurdish-ISIS battle zones and then evacuating ISIS casualties to Turkish hospitals. Indeed, a sensational photograph has surfaced showing ISIS commander Abu Muhammad in a hospital bed receiving treatment for battle wounds in Hatay State Hospital in April 2014.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Finally !!  A sensible take on this matter.

Honestly, the only exercise some people here get is their knee jerk reactions to anything Trump does.

geronl

Finally !!  A sensible take on this matter.

Honestly, the only exercise some people here get is their knee jerk reactions to anything Trump does.

Erdogan is a tyrant. Period. No real different than congratulating Saddam Hussein's 100% vote.