Author Topic: ‘Homeland’ star tells why ‘white men in government,’ not Muslims, are the real ‘bad guys’  (Read 515 times)

rangerrebew

‘Homeland’ star tells why ‘white men in government,’ not Muslims, are the real ‘bad guys’
April 17, 2017 | Scott Morefield | Print Article   

Many conservative fans of the long running Showtime Series “Homeland” have been disappointed with the show’s particularly noticeable politically-correct turn in its sixth season.

A turn that has hardly been by accident, according to actor Mandy Patinkin, who plays CIA agent Saul Berenson on the show.

Patinkin discussed the show’s new take on bad guys while appearing as a guest on Friday’s edition of MTP Daily on MSNBC. Apparently, instead of portraying Muslims as the new “Cowboys & Indians” or “Nazis,” the show decided to make “white men” the bad guys instead.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/04/17/homeland-star-tells-white-men-government-not-muslims-real-bad-guys-473983
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:08:46 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline the_doc

If a certain percentage of Muslims really are "good guys"--and I personally know some good ones--then one ought to wonder whether the same percentage of "white men in government" are actually "good guys."

I personally think a significant percentage of "white men in government" are pretty rotten--most of the Dems and at least a third of the Republicans--which would make the "bad guys" the overwhelming majority.  (Of course, my way of rating "white men in government" has nothing to do with the perspective of the liberal TV series.)

Offline mrclose

I actually liked the guy when he was on 'Criminal Minds' and again when he was on 'Dead Like Me'!

I wish these people would just SHUT UP and act! 22222frying pan
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline endicom

‘Homeland’ star tells why ‘white men in government,’ not Muslims, are the real ‘bad guys’

I don't think this means what he thinks it means.

Offline bolobaby

Ah, yes. I've regularly seen our Congress-critters holding up severed heads screaming "God is Great!"

Makes sense.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

I actually liked the guy when he was on 'Criminal Minds' and again when he was on 'Dead Like Me'!

I wish these people would just SHUT UP and act! 22222frying pan

When it comes to a list of actors most hated by their costars, Mandy ranks in the top 10.  He's a douche in real life.

Offline endicom

Ah, yes. I've regularly seen our Congress-critters holding up severed heads screaming "God is Great!"

McCain?