Author Topic: What you need to know about Georgia's 6th District election to replace Tom Price  (Read 539 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Certainly seems to be a whole lot of money being spent on what seems should be an easy seat to win in a red state like Georgia.

What you need to know about Georgia's 6th District election to replace Tom Price -

1. There was no primary...

2. One clear Democratic favorite

In recent polling a clear Democratic favorite has emerged — Jon Ossoff — who has yet to break 50 percent in polling. On the Republican side, Karen Handel has been leading the race for second place. There are, however, three other Republicans — Dan Moody, Judson Hill, and Bob Gray — who have been close to her polling. (RRH Elections/Decision Desk HQ, WXIA-TV, FOX 5 Atlanta, Clout Research)

3. Republican trouble is overblown

A recent Fox 5 Atlanta poll showed Democrat Ossoff in a virtual tie with the top four Republicans. This is fueling speculation in the mainstream media that the runoff race will be close. The poll shows a large number of undecided voters in the hypothetical matchups.  This means that while Osoff is doing well early, he may be in trouble after outside spending attacks against him ramp up. The district is an R+8 according to the latest Cook Partisan Voting Index....

4. A lot of money has been spent

In addition to the $8.2 million raised by Ossoff, the Center for Responsive Politics has reported that there has been $8.2 million in outside money spent on the campaign. The top four outside groups are either supporting a Republican candidate or running ads trying to soften up Ossoff....

5. Early voting is high ...

- See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/04/what-you-need-to-know-about-georgias-6th-district-election-to-replace-tom-price#sthash.tvH3wAk9.dpu
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

Of the three Republicans mentioned, Dan Moody is probably the best choice.

I see lots of Ossoff signs in my neighborhood, which is unusual.  But I don't think he will win a runoff.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Of the three Republicans mentioned, Dan Moody is probably the best choice.

I see lots of Ossoff signs in my neighborhood, which is unusual.  But I don't think he will win a runoff.

The money being spent indicates to me that a Republican is having a tough time in a pretty solid Red state, something I think that the RNC/GOP should note.  Maybe I'm just reading more into the situation.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline endicom

I see lots of Ossoff signs in my neighborhood...

"Ossoff!, but not on my lawn."