Author Topic: No One Will Admit It But Never-Trump Conservatives Are Now Officially Vindicated  (Read 9201 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Cruz Trump appeared together, practically campaigned together. I don't know how many times this is ignored.

They shared the same views for quite a while and just search for bromance, Cruz Trump.  It's really obnoxious to even discuss this to me.

trump parrotted Cruz's positions (though much louder) for awhile, at least long enough to get the nomination.  It is obnoxious that trump would lie so blatantly, but then he is an always has been a professional politician.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Wingnut

how much time do you spend at the kiddie park eyeing little girls, @Wingnut ?

I like sitting on a park bench
@corbe

Offline corbe

Rubio's Immigration Stance changed, I don't think Cruz's did, He may be guilty of shutting up about it, but his published/public stance did not waver.
   I fully, wholeheartedly gave Trump credit for getting the NATO allies to pony up more, unobsoleting (sic) them in <80 days was remarkable and Perry & Pruitt were stellar picks, as was Sessions and Gorsuch.

Disingenuous, that is where the road forks for us, you think Cruz's campaign was such and I feel your guy's was, we agree to disagree.
  @TomSea 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   Rubio's Immigration Stance changed, I don't think Cruz's did, He may be guilty of shutting up about it, but his published/public stance did not waver.
   I fully, wholeheartedly gave Trump credit for getting the NATO allies to pony up more, unobsoleting (sic) them in <80 days was remarkable and Perry & Pruitt were stellar picks, as was Sessions and Gorsuch.

Disingenuous, that is where the road forks for us, you think Cruz's campaign was such and I feel your guy's was, we agree to disagree.
  @TomSea

*patience*

Silver Pines

Thanks, @EC!  I almost blew strawberry yogurt all over my keyboard, lol!

Silver Pines

If the most strident #nevertrumpers could think logically, and if they are really the conservatives most claim to be, they would be grateful that Trump's supporters got him elected.

They should admit they approve most of what has taken place so far. Because it has been mostly conservative, beyond their expectations.

Their failure to show such attitudes, makes me question their political judgment, sincerity, etc.

I know some of you wrote of supporting Gary Johnston, who just announced he's done with running for President, and will now devote his energy to Marijuana.

@truth_seeker

What it boils down to is that you're dying for "NeverTrumpers" to come crawling to you, thanking you and kissing your hand.

That's all it is.  Pride and ego.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
GOOD post, @American Faith Today .

Staying true to ones principles is anathema to those who don't care that Trump never means a word he says.

He's a businessman.  He's not a politician.

But he's a helluva fast learner.

John Q. Citizen 'Trump', as a candidate could change a dozen POV, once he sits in the Oval Office.

Do you think his motives are sinister?  Are they a deliberate slap in his voters' face?

Or, does a bigger picture present itself to him?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

Someone here accused people who were for Trump as seeing him as a King; this kind of inflammatory and unfounded accusations perhaps should be examined as well.

@TomSea

Silver Pines

Silly people. You are conveniently omitting the alternative way the election would have gone, and the consequences of that outcome. Furthermore, to deny that Trump's incredibly unbelievable victory was, as the insurance companies say, 'an act of God', is to deny God altogether.

If God is involved in all things, then why not this? I don't doubt for a second that the Almighty might intervene to thwart the daughter of Satan from ascending the throne. Laugh, mock, ridicule all you want, but even many secular atheist Liberals are saying that only God could have got Trump elected.

@240B

According to the Bible, God is involved in the ascension of all leaders to their positions of power.  Doesn't necessarily make them blessings.

What I can't figure out is, what has America done lately to deserve God's blessing or intervention?  He's been thrown out of almost every place, it's nearly a crime to speak His name, we've killed millions of unborn babies and continue to do so, etc. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
What I can't figure out is, what has America done lately to deserve God's blessing or intervention?  He's been thrown out of almost every place, it's nearly a crime to speak His name, we've killed millions of unborn babies and continue to do so, etc.

Wisdom.... that is.

If the Civil War was Judgment on the nation for using the Name of the Lord to proclaim liberty in a country that institutionalized slavery (as some wiser than I have suggested), one has to shake in their shoes to consider what Judgment will come as a result of the murder of an entire generation of Americans in the womb so we can have illicit and extra-marital sex without consequence.

Or at Thomas Jefferson said: "Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

@truth_seeker

What it boils down to is that you're dying for "NeverTrumpers" to come crawling to you, thanking you and kissing your hand.

That's all it is.  Pride and ego.

I don't expect you to crawl.  I expect you to approach us civilly and extend your hand in friendship and say something like....

....despite my inner dislike for the man that continues to this day, and my reluctance to accept that 'I' could have been so wrong about the 11/8 outcome, ...and because I as sick and tired of being on the losing end of all the happy sh*t going down....I apologize.

What do you say we start there?   That, would be nice.       :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I don't expect you to crawl.  I expect you to approach us civilly and extend your hand in friendship and say something like....

....despite my inner dislike for the man that continues to this day, and my reluctance to accept that 'I' could have been so wrong about the 11/8 outcome, ...and because I as sick and tired of being on the losing end of all the happy sh*t going down....I apologize.

Want to borrow a book?

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Silver Pines

Wisdom.... that is.

If the Civil War was Judgment on the nation for using the Name of the Lord to proclaim liberty in a country that institutionalized slavery (as some wiser than I have suggested), one has to shake in their shoes to consider what Judgment will come as a result of the murder of an entire generation of Americans in the womb so we can have illicit and extra-marital sex without consequence.

Or at Thomas Jefferson said: "Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever".

@INVAR

That's a good quote.

When I hear people say "God bless America", I can't help but think we should be asking Him to forgive us instead.

Silver Pines

@DCPatriot

I've already done something like that.  The morning after the election, I pinged all of the Trump supporters and said that I'd been completely wrong about Trump's chances of winning, and I congratulated you all.  You were one of only two who had the grace to respond. 

Once and done, lol. 

DC, you don't understand that I don't consider myself a loser, or missing out, or any of that.  As Erick Erickson wrote recently, it's only politics. 

Offline DCPatriot

Want to borrow a book?

You want to buy one on a sense of humor?   

Truth is, a few of them can KMA.   

...and @CatherineofAragon  is not one of them.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:12:22 am by DCPatriot »

Offline DCPatriot

@DCPatriot

I've already done something like that.  The morning after the election, I pinged all of the Trump supporters and said that I'd been completely wrong about Trump's chances of winning, and I congratulated you all.  You were one of only two who had the grace to respond. 

Once and done, lol. 

DC, you don't understand that I don't consider myself a loser, or missing out, or any of that.  As Erick Erickson wrote recently, it's only politics.

I have a hard time with all the puffed up chests and preening by the hard-core NTs among us....every time the press paints a negative storyline.

....which is almost daily.

....which 80% of the time turn out to be crap.

Meanwhile, he's accomplishing great things in his goal to prime the growth of business and technology.

...and that just with his right hand.    :patriot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQxG0Z72qM
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:42:20 am by DCPatriot »

Silver Pines

Silver Pines

I have a hard time with all the puffed up chests and preening by the hard-core NTs among us....every time the press paints a negative storyline.

Meanwhile, he's accomplishing great things in his goal to prime the growth of business and technology.

@DCPatriot

I don't mean to come across that way.  It's more that I get ticked off because it's what I expected.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
meh Trump is just another POTUS. What counts is what he can get those assholes in Congress to do.

I believe Trump was divinely ordained.

So was I.

So are you.

“The law is written on every man’s heart.”

Happy Easter!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Oceander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQxG0Z72qM

/snicker

Trump true believers are as ugly as climate change true believers are.

What, exactly, has Trump done to "prime the growth of business and technology"?

The long and the short of it is that the bump the markets got from Trump's election is fading, and economic uncertainty creeping back in, because so far he's done precisely nothing.

BTW, what happened to getting rid of Obamacare?  Has he accomplished that little promise yet?  Where's the wall?  Where's the money for the wall?  Where are the vague antecedents needed to get the money, and land, for the wall?

He's accomplished precious little.  He didn't even "accomplish" Justice Gorsuch - that was done by McConnell, one of the squishy RINOs you hate so much, and his ability to hold the GOP senators together and push the nuclear option through.

The most he's done is (a) try to start a hot war in Syria without Congressional approval - something that you and your ilk tried to fault Obama for, (b) start dumping the alt-right types like Bannon, and (c) signing CRA resolutions passed by the same squishy RINOs you and your ilk hate.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I don't know about you but I for one am sick and tired of fighting the same flipping fights we were fighting before the election as we are now.

Basically Trump's done just enough to satisfy the diehards (which, quite frankly, isn't that difficult) and not enough to prove himself to the rest of us (which admittedly is). So much for hoping that his actually having to govern would settle this fight.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't know about you but I for one am sick and tired of fighting the same flipping fights we were fighting before the election as we are now.

Myrle...couldn't agree more...the bickering drives me crazy.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

Myrle...couldn't agree more...the bickering drives me crazy.

I have not posted on the majority of the threads in POLITICS.  Some that eventually get locked, I've never once clicked on them.

But I do lurk and read many of the back and forth.   

For I too, have grown tired of ragging on the other side.  May as well bang my head against the wall.

But, today for some reason I feel ten years younger and felt compelled to kick some ass.

Given what's happening around the world, we're GD lucky he's our President...and not, Hillary.

He's doing a great job for a non politician, whose conservative bonafides are constantly challenged.

@CatherineofAragon and I are cool.   

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Yep. I'm reading all the posts and they are for the most part coherent opinions. I could respond, but I'm not in the mood for a theological discussion about the ancient leaders of Israel, and the rest of it has all been said and done before, a hundred times over.

It is still much too early to know if anyone is "vindicated", as if that means anything. It is what it is, and we're all going to have to wait and hope for the best. So far, I am very much encouraged by what Trump is doing. Although this could change at some time in the future, at this point all I can do is to trust that Trump will do the right thing and stay on course. Let the past stay in the past and look forward to the future.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:51:18 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I could respond, but I'm not in the mood for a theological discussion about the ancient leaders of Israel

History repeats, and the similarities by a people who were called by His Name, having forsaken His prominence in their culture are striking.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775