Author Topic: No One Will Admit It But Never-Trump Conservatives Are Now Officially Vindicated  (Read 9200 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@truth_seeker

No, see, that "leader" thing is up your alley.  I follow no human being.

Yeah, that may be where their confusion comes from.  That, and a wee bit of projection.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DCPatriot

On display behind glass?  For what?  For not voting for the person you thought I should have? For not liking him?

It doesn't work that way.

I don't like Trump.  That's fine.   Disliking any president, politician, or whatever isn't shameful, despite the attempts from some to make it so.

STOP!  You pull this crap all the time.

Nobody cares who you voted for.

It's your present POV we're talking bout, Willis.

He's our President.   And he's already shown us in less than his first 100 days, how GD lucky we are to have him.

Not once!  Not twice!  But a dozen times.

Enough of you.   *****rollingeyes*****

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@truth_seeker

No, see, that "leader" thing is up your alley.  I follow no human being.
You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you ??

@CatherineofAragon

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump has no control over racial strife but a lot of people would say the Obama administration encouraged it.  Trump has nothing to do with stopping mass shootings, but we should all pray these horrible events do not happen and have not so far in these first months.

Offline TomSea

Actually, elections are about electing leaders.

State, Federal, Local, Senator, Representative, Governor.  President.

I suppose one could say, no, they are about electing public servants.

Silver Pines

Yeah, that may be where their confusion comes from.  That, and a wee bit of projection.

@Sanguine

Very likely...

Silver Pines

STOP!  You pull this crap all the time.

Nobody cares who you voted for.

It's your present POV we're talking bout, Willis.

He's our President.   And he's already shown us in less than his first 100 days, how GD lucky we are to have him.

Not once!  Not twice!  But a dozen times.

Enough of you.   *****rollingeyes*****

@DC Patriot

Calm down.  You're illustrating my point.  He's a president, not a king; we're under no obligation to pay fealty to him.  He's a public servant, an employee. 

By the way, where are we on healthcare?  Is anyone paying attention to that while we're throwing roses?  Are we any closer to repealing Obamacare?

How about moving the embassy to Jerusalem? 

Silver Pines

You don't have much of a sense of humor, do you ??

@CatherineofAragon

@truth-seeker

So you do think Beck's stunt was funny?  I thought it was, too.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@DC Patriot

Calm down.  You're illustrating my point.  He's a president, not a king; we're under no obligation to pay fealty to him.  He's a public servant, an employee. 

By the way, where are we on healthcare?  Is anyone paying attention to that while we're throwing roses?  Are we any closer to repealing Obamacare?

Both of those issues will be addressed.   But you already know that.

He's closing in on NINETY DAYS.   Give us a break.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline American Faith Today

Trump has no control over racial strife but a lot of people would say the Obama administration encouraged it.  Trump has nothing to do with stopping mass shootings, but we should all pray these horrible events do not happen and have not so far in these first months.

Actually, Trump and his campaign flirted with the white nationalists and as a result they at times seem a lot more emboldened than they have been.  But I guess we can count ourselves lucky and pray nothing happens in that sense too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Actually, elections are about electing leaders.

State, Federal, Local, Senator, Representative, Governor.  President.

I suppose one could say, no, they are about electing public servants.

Bit of both, in my mind. You're mostly electing public servants to govern on behalf of the people, but when something goes wrong they've got to be able to step up as leaders too.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

The author of the editorial wrote:

Just this week Trump drastically altered his position on:
•China and the prospect of his promised a trade war with them
•The importance of NATO
•Steve Bannon’s role in his White House
•Whether Wikileaks is good, or bad

There is not that much here, unfortunately, in this crisis with Korea, we don't need to increase hostility with them. Some say Trump backtracked per the "currency manipulator" charge, this can be interpreted this way but there has been a priority shift.

The importance of NATO, again, if Ziegler the author wants to knock NATO,  he's largely taking a Ron Paul libertarian view.

Bannon's role, I don't think most of us really know. Bannon's role was never thought to be National Security Advisor originally.

Wikileaks, rather trivial in what this nation is facing.

Offline musiclady

What is that even supposed to mean?

If people want to stare at me like a zoo animal because I worked to keep my principles as a conservative and as a Christian and used my discernment to recognize Trump, win or lose, was going to fall far short of what people wanted him to be, then I guess I'm fine with that as long as I stay true to those same things.

But this is silly.  Trump voters aren't on display.  Never Trumpers aren't on display.  Trump is on display- for the country and the entire world to see.

GOOD post, @American Faith Today .

Staying true to ones principles is anathema to those who don't care that Trump never means a word he says.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If the NeverTrump movement had gained more traction, and had convinced more people to off-vote for microscopic players in the election, or to write-in Ted Cruz or "Superman", based on their 'principles', there is a 100% certainty that Hillary Clinton would be POTUS at this very moment. And with that result, would come the end of America and the free-world.

I do believe that Trump's victory was due to divine intervention.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:22:59 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

btw, I have no need to be "vindicated."  That implies that there was something to be vindicated from.

Doing the right thing for the right reason stands on its own.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

Staying true to ones principles is anathema to those who don't care that Trump never means a word he says.

I stayed true to my principles. Saying other is just self-righteousness.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:24:51 pm by TomSea »

Silver Pines

Both of those issues will be addressed.   But you already know that.

He's closing in on NINETY DAYS.   Give us a break.    :laugh:

@DCPatriot

I don't know that.  Why would I?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

@DC Patriot

Come on, give the guy a break.  Draining the GS swamp, prosecuting HRC and building the wall is pretty much a full time job.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Come on, give the guy a break.  Draining the GS swamp, prosecuting HRC and building the wall is pretty much a full time job.

You have to admit - his strategy for draining the swamp by pumping it into the Whitehouse is novel, to say the least.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

You have to admit - his strategy for draining the swamp by pumping it into the Whitehouse is novel, to say the least.  :tongue2:

Listen, lad. I've built this kingdom up from nothing. When
I started here, all there was was swamp. All the kings said I was daft
to build a castle in a swamp, but I built it all the same, just to show
'em. It sank into the swamp. So, I built a second one. That sank into the
swamp. So I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank
into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. An' that's what your gonna
get, lad -- the strongest castle in these islands.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Silver Pines

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Well, when you put it that way...

Offline American Faith Today

If the NeverTrump movement had gained more traction, and had convinced more people to off-vote for microscopic players in the election, or to write-in Ted Cruz or "Superman", based on their 'principles', there is a 100% certainty that Hillary Clinton would be POTUS at this very moment. And with that result, would come the end of America and the free-world.

Good grief

As for divine intervention, when God intervenes it's always for a purpose and always for HIS purpose.  If you believe, as I and many others do, that we're coming closer and closer to the time that the Antichrist will be here making all his promises and performing even all the supernatural acts he'll be allowed to, America as we know it is probably on its last legs anyway- as are all nations.

As it is, Trump is moving in the Hillary direction right now.  Or at least, in the popular terminology of the day, the globalist neocon direction.

Offline bolobaby

Good grief

As for divine intervention, when God intervenes it's always for a purpose and always for HIS purpose.  If you believe, as I and many others do, that we're coming closer and closer to the time that the Antichrist will be here making all his promises and performing even all the supernatural acts he'll be allowed to, America as we know it is probably on its last legs anyway- as are all nations.

As it is, Trump is moving in the Hillary direction right now.  Or at least, in the popular terminology of the day, the globalist neocon direction.

People who write drivel like that about "divine intervention" don't realize that, if God was truly involved in this round, then Trump would be this generation's Saul.

Then again, they wouldn't know what that means to say "Trump is Saul" anyway, so....
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online corbe

I stayed true to my principles. Saying other is just self-righteousness.

How could you possibly know @TomSea how his Abortion stand would become with all his previous statements concerning such?
   As far as I'm concerned, I'm ecstatic with his recent EO's concerning the subject but as a pragmatist  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M-rK96uJKY
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The kind of 'divine intervention' that occurred was no different than when Ancient Israel demanded a king, and God let them have their way.

The consequences of their demand doomed them to their ultimate fate, with the entire Northern kingdom of Israel becoming extinct.

History is simply repeating itself, and God has given us over to our own desires, demands and debased minds.

They wanted a king, and so they now loft that desire onto whatever man or institution they want to rule the others with.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775