Author Topic: Tax Day protesters across the US demand that Trump to release his tax returns  (Read 728 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tax Day protesters across the US demand that Trump to release his tax returns

By ABC News

Apr 15, 2017, 2:24 PM ET

Thousands of protesters at Tax Day marches today in cities from Washington, D.C., to Denver to Los Angeles are calling on President Trump to release his tax returns.

Trump is the first U.S. president and the first major party nominee in four decades to refuse to release his full tax returns to the public.

Organizers said Saturday's protests, dubbed the Tax March, were scheduled in nearly 150 cities, and stemmed from the women's march that took place the day after Trump's inauguration.

more
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tax-day-protesters-round-us-demand-trump-release/story?id=46818583
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So now these harpies have the gall to hijack OUR Tea Party rallies, too?

Tax Day protests were OUR idea.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
They arrested a television news cameraman during the protest at Trump Tower, Las Vegas
today. From everything I saw the guy was doing nothing but filming the event, as you might
expect a cameraman to do at something like this. Someone in Las Vegas Metro PD has
some splainin' to do.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Applewood

These marchers were in Pitrsburgh, too.  There was a time when protests were treated like parades, and you had to have a permit.  But I doubt any of these groups ever bother to get a permit.  So at least once a week, they protest, tie up traffic and get on everyone's nerves.  And that's on top of the cost to taxpayers for the police to keep order. 

Sure they have the right to free speech, but their right should not be an inconvenience to everyone else.  Nor should the financial burden of keeping them from killing one another or getting run over be borne by the taxpayer.   

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
These marches are pretty entertaining because 3/4 of them don't even know why they're protesting.  The just march to be marching about something, anything:  the sun came out, it's Tuesday, or the lesbian living in the apartment next door with the shaved head has a good looking cousin so you decide to join in.

But a Tax March is quite a bit different than your run of the mill "I Outraged by (fill in the blank)" march.  Taxes are the lifeblood of politicians and you're striking a little too close to home for their comfort level.  Sure they're barking about Trump right this minute, but these things have a way of transforming like an amoeba into something different.  What if the Tax March turns into a real Tax March?

Uh oh.  If you get the peeps riled up about heavy handed and onerous taxes the next thing you know the politicians will feel like they have to respond.  Then what?

Offline goatprairie

These marchers were in Pitrsburgh, too.  There was a time when protests were treated like parades, and you had to have a permit.  But I doubt any of these groups ever bother to get a permit.  So at least once a week, they protest, tie up traffic and get on everyone's nerves.  And that's on top of the cost to taxpayers for the police to keep order. 

Sure they have the right to free speech, but their right should not be an inconvenience to everyone else.  Nor should the financial burden of keeping them from killing one another or getting run over be borne by the taxpayer.
They're only happy when they do inconvenience everybody else. They're so sure of the righteousness of their cause they're more than willing to cause other people problems. That's why liberals exist...to irritate other people.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

It could also have been prevented if Trump had released his taxes like he said he would and demanded everybody else did,.

Offline Rivergirl

At this point it's clear that DT will never release his taxes  The time would have been better spent doing something productive in their own communities.  Visit a nursing home, volunteer to read to children in kindergarten classrooms, help an elderly neighbor with some lawn cleanup...............

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
It could also have been prevented if Trump had released his taxes like he said he would and demanded everybody else did,.

Nope. The perpetually outraged NEVER run out of things to protest about. If Trump had released his tax returns, or releases them in the future, they'll find something else. Won't even slow them down.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Nope. The perpetually outraged NEVER run out of things to protest about. If Trump had released his tax returns, or releases them in the future, they'll find something else. Won't even slow them down.

Sure they would have found something to protest but there is a chance it might not be based on something that Trump lied about.

Like it or not, there are a lot of us on the right who actually feel that he should have kept his promise despite the fact that we aren't out there acting like idiots in the street.