Author Topic: Top Candy Makers Scrub 'Easter' From Packaging  (Read 610 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Top Candy Makers Scrub 'Easter' From Packaging
« on: April 16, 2017, 02:56:27 am »
Top Candy Makers Scrub 'Easter' From Packaging
04-15-2017

Grocery store aisles are lined with chocolate candy bunnies, jelly beans, and marshmallow Peeps, but one thing is missing--the word "Easter."

Hershey's, M&M's, Lindor, Russell Stover, Dove, Rolo, and Twix have all produced Easter themed candy without mentioning the word on the front of their candy, according to a press release from the Liberty Counsel.

"Just as companies were trying to profit from Christmas while ignoring the reason for the celebration, now companies are targeting the Christian aspects of Easter and removing them," Mat Staver, Founder, and Chairman of Liberty Counsel said.

Continued: http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2017/april/top-candy-makers-scrub-easter-from-packaging

At least Reese's isn't in that list, I know they make an egg shaped candy this time of year though I don't often get them.

Offline Mom MD

Re: Top Candy Makers Scrub 'Easter' From Packaging
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 03:11:10 am »
It's more than OK by me.  Easter is about a lot more than chocolate bunnies.  And I would rather a company remove Christian references from their product than cynically use Christianity to try and sell a product.  My family hears the word Easter and in the correct context plenty of times in my home - I don't need some company who makes sweets to remind me what the truth is.

God is still in control

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 03:49:14 am »
It's more than OK by me.  Easter is about a lot more than chocolate bunnies.  And I would rather a company remove Christian references from their product than cynically use Christianity to try and sell a product.  My family hears the word Easter and in the correct context plenty of times in my home - I don't need some company who makes sweets to remind me what the truth is.

I thought of that angle too originally. I'm still a bit uneasy about them taking the word off.

It's a bit of the "reason for the season" type of deal that we also deal with at Christmas.  That may not be clear, in a way, one can make the same case about how the word Christmas is used. Of course, we know Christmas is about the birth of our savior and celebrating that.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 03:58:03 am »
I think its because stores were tired of selling it so cheap after Easter, lol.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 07:16:17 am »
Well, eggs are also associated with Passover. You put an egg on the Seder plate.

Growing up, I always got a chocolate bunny. My parents felt bad all the other kids would get one so they would give my sister and I one too. :)

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 09:28:14 am »
As conspiracies go this one hardly registers on the Hypocrites Scale.  But like the Chinese water torture it's the drip, drip, drip that eventually kills you.

So overall it's not that upsetting, but neither would be a store refusing to sell products from these manufacturers.  Or a TV show refusing to accept advertising from these companies.  What if the NCAA refused to hold tournaments in PA because Hershey is deemed "undesirable" in their view?  Or maybe the University of Texas refuses to allow CBS to broadcast their football games because they are Fascist pigs who don't know better than to keep politics out of sports.

Because that is the direction we're heading if the current trend continues.