Author Topic: $43M in cash found in empty Nigerian apartment  (Read 434 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
$43M in cash found in empty Nigerian apartment
« on: April 15, 2017, 02:11:24 pm »
 More than US$43 million was seized from an apartment building in Nigeria after the anti-corruption unit received a tip.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission received a tip from a whistleblower who reported suspicious activity when they noticed someone moving bags in and out of the apartment, according to a Facebook post.

Another source claimed that a “haggard” looking woman in “dirty clothes” sometimes appeared at the apartment building with multiple bags.

On Wednesday, the anti-corruption unit said they stormed the seventh floor of a residential building and entered into the apartment where they found three fireproof cabinets hidden inside a dresser. The cabinets were full of neatly packaged bills.

In total, they seized US$43 million in U.S. bills, US$35,000 in U.K. pounds and US$75,000 in Nigerian naira.

More: http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/business/43m-in-cash-found-in-empty-nigerian-apartment-1.3368884

I'll leave the obvious joke to someone else today.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bolobaby

Re: $43M in cash found in empty Nigerian apartment
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:00:08 pm »
Oh... that's mine. I was wondering where I left it.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 04:03:33 pm »
Guess I should have given that deposed Nigerian prince my banking info after all.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 04:16:42 pm »
and it can all be yours if you pay the $1,000 processing fee...