Author Topic: Breaking: DPRK Has Polaris Missiles  (Read 6588 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Breaking: DPRK Has Polaris Missiles
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2017, 01:13:52 am »
The TV show What On Earth  season 3 episode 15 shows a satellite image of large submarine in a North Korea port capable of firing these. I checked myself using Google Maps/satellite, and indeed there is a large sub where the tv show claimed.

@NavyCanDo

IIRC,all their subs are basically surplus Soviet subs,and as a former squid,you should know the US Navy attack subs were stuck on them like ticks everywhere they went.

And that was back in the days when the surplus subs the NK's have now were Soviet state of the art stuff.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2017, 01:16:12 am »
The military has plans. Binders full of them, if you'll forgive me borrowing that phrase.

Does the civil authorities? That's the real question.

@EC

A better question to ask in today's PC America might be "Do any of today's AA civil authorities read and think well enough to understand them?"

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2017, 01:39:17 am »
They are fakes. There is no way in HELL the NK's got that technology without the aid of the Chinese and/or the Russians,and neither is about to let them have ICBMs.

I'm betting the NSA has been doing tests on trailer and trucks with identical tires to see how much the weight of an actual ICBM that size would bulge out the sides of the trailer tires.

Kim doesn't really have to fool anybody but his own people.

South Korean govt says he has em.  They are more honest and open then the nsa.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DB

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2017, 01:55:37 am »

The only video I saw of these supposedly launching from a submarine were at night. Could have been staged from a barge at night easily.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2017, 03:04:24 am »
The only video I saw of these supposedly launching from a submarine were at night. Could have been staged from a barge at night easily.

Don't forget the south Korean navy ship that was sunk a few years back.  Sure seemed like a modern torpedo to break a ship in half.

geronl

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2017, 04:00:44 am »
They are fakes. There is no way in HELL the NK's got that technology without the aid of the Chinese and/or the Russians,and neither is about to let them have ICBMs....
Kim doesn't really have to fool anybody but his own people.

It would definitely not be the first time they showed off fakes

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2017, 06:47:58 am »

@driftdiver

Well,hell,if you can't trust your buddies in North Korea to tell you the truth,who CAN you trust?

After all,would a communist government lie to you?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2017, 09:59:22 am »
@driftdiver

Well,hell,if you can't trust your buddies in North Korea to tell you the truth,who CAN you trust?

After all,would a communist government lie to you?

@sneakypete

SOUTH KOREA.  It's a different country then North Korea.  It's been that way since the 50s, try to keep up.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2017, 12:16:59 pm »
@sneakypete

SOUTH KOREA.  It's a different country then North Korea.  It's been that way since the 50s, try to keep up.

@driftdiver

Ok,I was tired and made a mistake.

BUT....,when it comes to South Korea,what makes you think they are going to tell us the truth about North Korea? After all,if they ever start claiming NK is harmless to them,we,AND all our money pull out of SK.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2017, 12:56:13 pm »
@driftdiver

BUT....,when it comes to South Korea,what makes you think they are going to tell us the truth about North Korea? After all,if they ever start claiming NK is harmless to them,we,AND all our money pull out of SK.

Well first of all they are more open as a culture.  They require every able bodies man to serve at least 2 yrs.  Every man under 42 yrs is in their reserve.

Secondly they pay us to be there.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 01:00:40 pm »
@driftdiver

BTW a lot of what's classified is made so to keep Americans from knowing.  The rest of the world and our enemies already know.

For example the fact that we had tactical nukes in South Korea was classified.  Until one day it was published in the Stars and Stripes that we had a bunch in SK at my base. 

I said something to the locals and they were shocked.  Not that the nukes were there but that I didn't know that it was common knowledge.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2017, 04:37:29 pm »
Well first of all they are more open as a culture.  They require every able bodies man to serve at least 2 yrs.  Every man under 42 yrs is in their reserve.

@driftdiver

That's not being "open". That's being sensible.

BTW,back in the early 60's the president of SK nominated a SFC (E-7) that was TDY to SK from the 1st SFG on Okinawa on a training mission to be the new Minister of Defense to the SK army. His team had been deployed to SK on a joint training mission with the SK SF,and at the standard "You were great,no,YOU were great!" end of mission party  and dinner some civilian guys showed up and one of them asked this guy what he would do if HE were running the show in SK. Not knowing who the guy was,or maybe being drunk enough he didn't care,he told the guy. That "civilian guy" ended up being the President of SK.

I understand that heads were exploding on Okinawa and in Foggy Bottom the next day over this one. US diplomats got involved and explained the Sgt's oath would prevent him from taking the job no matter how much he wanted,the US was flattered,etc,etc,etc,and things went back to normal.

Can't remember his name right now,but after he retired he went to Beirut to command a Christian Militia unit during the civil war there. He came back to the US for either a birthday or anniversary celebration,got a headache,went to lay down and take  a nap in his house,and never woke up again.

Secondly they pay us to be there.

That sounds to me like one of those "polite fictions" politicians use to "sell something" to the public they know the public doesn't approve of.  In recent years the SK economy has been booming,but prior to that there was no way in hell SK could afford to cover those expenses. I doubt they can even afford to pay the full freight even today.

The good news for most of the world is that this condition will not exist much longer because Fat Boy is on his way out. The only reason he and his family remained in power this long is Red China wanted NK as a buffer zone. Unfortunately for Fat Boy Kim,Red China no longer exists. China isn't a communist nation anymore. They are into making profits and living large,not living like a nation of peasants in a police state. I'm not sure exactly what is going to happen with NK and I doubt anyone BUT China knows at this point,but it's not going to remain the police state it is. I don't see China agreeing to allow them to join with SK,either. I suspect NK MIGHT turn into an Asian "Switzerland" or sorts. A neutral nation with a token military dedicated to self-defense only,and a place for the political criminals of all Asian governments to safely bank their money. Kind of like Hong Kong,but maybe a joint enterprise ran by both the Chinese and the SK's.

Not that this really matters to any of us. What matters to the rest of the world is NK will no longer be a rogue nation with nuclear weapons ran by a psychopath,and the world will be a slightly safer place.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:41:27 pm by sneakypete »