Author Topic: Throwback Thursday: In 2013, Chris Matthews Said Hitler Never Used Chemical Weapons [VIDEO]  (Read 875 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Throwback Thursday: In 2013, Chris Matthews Said Hitler Never Used Chemical Weapons [VIDEO]
Sean Spicer has spent the past two days apologizing for saying that Adolf Hitler didn’t use chemical weapons.

Unfortunately for MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, that led to people remembering he’d said said the exact same thing back in 2013.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/13/throwback-thursday-in-2013-chris-matthews-said-hitler-never-used-chemical-weapons-video/#ixzz4eEAHpvFC

Offline Night Hides Not

How far does one have to stoop to make Sean Spicer look not as ridiculous? Answer: bring in Chris Matthews, and hope it sticks.

The historical ignorance of denizens inside the swamp no longer surprises me. It's a direct result of our crumbling educational system.

To test this, I've had a picture of the gate from Dachau as the desktop background of my computer, complete with "Arbeit Macht Frei". It's been about a week, and it's been nothing but crickets.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Just_Victor

The left's selective outrage is nothing new.  Good ammunition for future reference though.

Bookmarked.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline musiclady

Well, we all knew Chrissy was an idiot, didn't we?

It's kinda new about Spicer.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@musiclady

True,but I didn't think that even Chrissy could be THAT freaking ignorant.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This whole issue is a joke.  The non-use of chemical weapons as a tool of war in WWII is something that has been commented upon/noted by military historians for a very long time.  Everyone understands the particular context of referring to combat when making that observation with respect to the Germans during WWII, and knows it does not refer to the gassing of Jews and others.

The truth is that people are creating offense because they want something else on which to attack the Administration, or because they want to draw attention to themselves for some other reason.

Offline Just_Victor

It's kinda new about Spicer.

Faint praise of Hitler for not doing the wrong thing on the battlefield will always blowup in your face.  It doesn't matter if it's the truth, and Spicer should know better.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Faint praise of Hitler for not doing the wrong thing on the battlefield will always blowup in your face.  It doesn't matter if it's the truth, and Spicer should know better.

I don't even see the connection.  If Assad gassed it was not a battle field attack.  It would have been trying to wipe out a certain part of his population.  Same as what Hitler did.

To me it says that Spicer is a Holocaust denier.  Nobody Spicer's age and education would not know that Hitler used gas.

Today there is a news story that America has hit a chemical weapons cache while bombing ISIS targets killing many.  I don't know what to believe.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Just_Victor

I don't even see the connection.  If Assad gassed it was not a battle field attack.  It would have been trying to wipe out a certain part of his population.  Same as what Hitler did.

To me it says that Spicer is a Holocaust denier.  Nobody Spicer's age and education would not know that Hitler used gas.

Today there is a news story that America has hit a chemical weapons cache while bombing ISIS targets killing many.  I don't know what to believe.

It was a battlefield attack.  Assad was attacking his enemies.  The citizens, women and children supporting his opposition, were just collateral damage.  But I'm pretty sure he didn't care.  He's every bit as evil as Hitler.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:59:19 pm by Just_Victor »

geronl

It's always funny when Trump supporters try to justify something from this admin by pointing out that the left did it too. I thought he was supposed to be different? lol

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm more surprised that anyone pays enough attention to Tingles to remember what he said.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bolobaby

This whole issue is a joke.  The non-use of chemical weapons as a tool of war in WWII is something that has been commented upon/noted by military historians for a very long time.  Everyone understands the particular context of referring to combat when making that observation with respect to the Germans during WWII, and knows it does not refer to the gassing of Jews and others.

The truth is that people are creating offense because they want something else on which to attack the Administration, or because they want to draw attention to themselves for some other reason.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Bingo.

Moreover, I've read that the Nazi's invented Sarin and decided not to use it. They used Zyklon B in the concentration camps.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

What difference, at this point, does it make?
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

No, it's not the remotely the same thing at all.  Assad is trying to defeat an insurgency, and used gas as an instrument of terror to cow the population.  Hitler also fought insurgencies in Russia, Poland, Yugoslavia, and elsewhere, yet never once resorted to gas to defeat them.  That doesn't make him even a slightly more decent guy -- more a quirk based on him getting gassed in World War One.

Hitler used gas against people already under his control in camps, for the purpose of genocide.  Assad has not used gas against people already under his control, and is not trying to commit genocide.

To me it says that Spicer is a Holocaust denier.

You hate anything that is connect with Trump, and that's the only reason why you're advancing the ridiculous and offensive claim that Spicer is a Holocaust denier.  It also demonstrates your ignorance of World War II military history, where the observation that the Germans didn't use chemical weapons is a common one, and always understood as being in the context of not using it in battle.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:30:04 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Exactly.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Just_Victor

Especially when you consider the ONLY reason Hitler didn't do it was because he didn't want it done to stop the Nazi advances. He damn sure didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart because no such place existed.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DiogenesLamp

@Just_Victor

Especially when you consider the ONLY reason Hitler didn't do it was because he didn't want it done to stop the Nazi advances. He damn sure didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart because no such place existed.

Churchill made it clear that the allies would retaliate with poison gas if Hitler tried it.    Neither side wanted to go through that stuff again.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Just_Victor

Churchill made it clear that the allies would retaliate with poison gas if Hitler tried it.    Neither side wanted to go through that stuff again.

Hitler saw a lot as a German corporal in WWI.   He saw the effects of chemical weapons on the soldiers.   He might well have actually found the use of chemical weapons inhumane.  Doesn't make him less of a monster in the Holocaust.  Even Satan can appear to have a human side...