Author Topic: We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2  (Read 667 times)

rangerrebew

We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2
« on: April 24, 2017, 09:38:27 pm »
We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2

Carbon dioxide has not reached this height in millions of years

By Brian Kahn, Climate Central on April 21, 2017

The world just passed another round-numbered climate milestone. Scientists predicted it would happen this year and lo and behold, it has.

On Tuesday, the Mauna Loa Observatory recorded its first-ever carbon dioxide reading in excess of 410 parts per million (it was 410.28 ppm in case you want the full deal). Carbon dioxide hasn’t reached that height in millions of years. It’s a new atmosphere that humanity will have to contend with, one that’s trapping more heat and causing the climate to change at a quickening rate.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/we-just-breached-the-410-ppm-threshold-for-co2/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:39:10 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: We Just Breached the 410 PPM Threshold for CO2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 09:41:14 pm »
I - I - can feel the difference already!!  My lungs are collapsing, my eyesight is getting blurred, my hands are getting numb, my bowel movement was miniscule!! :silly:

geronl

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 09:46:00 pm »
At this point, this is an outlier. Maybe a faulty reading.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:49:55 pm »
On Tuesday, the Mauna Loa Observatory recorded its first-ever carbon dioxide reading in excess of 410 parts per million (it was 410.28 ppm in case you want the full deal). Carbon dioxide hasn’t reached that height in millions of years. It’s a new atmosphere that humanity will have to contend with, one that’s trapping more heat and causing the climate to change at a quickening rate.

Well, theoretically that's a testable statement.  Or not .... you'd need some firm and measurable definition of "climate change". 

But more likely, it's just another opportunity to observe confirmation bias in action.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 01:19:22 am »
As CO2 concentration increases, it's ability to hold in infrared heat flattens out at first, then it decreases. This is a little discussed factoid the warmistas conveniently ignore.