Author Topic: Harvard students create their own 'Dumbledore's Army' to resist Trump  (Read 444 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
 *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes***** *****rollingeyes*****

Remember in the “Harry Potter” series when Albus Dumbledore is forced to leave his job as headmaster of the wizard school and the students banded together to form their own underground resistance?

Well, if you don’t, it was called “Dumbledore’s Army,” and some Harvard graduate students are trying to replicate it in response to President Donald Trump. Seriously.

They’re a small group of 11 from the John F. Kennedy School of Government and they’ve formed a “Resistance School.”

“We just came together as a group of friends who care about something in common,” Yasmin Radjy told The Boston Globe, which first reported this story. “And it just turned into this thing.”

They’re event asking the “Harry Potter” book series’ author J.K. Rowling to join them.

More: http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-dumbledores-army-to-resist-trump-20170405-story.html

Only one suitable comment for this:

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I said NO! I shan't put away childish things.

While Rowling may well agree with their sentiments, I think her publisher is going to take a very dim view of the copyright infringement.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 06:46:14 am by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink