Author Topic: NYT: Mexico Owns California and Texas, Will Trade For Amnesty  (Read 899 times)

rangerrebew

NYT: Mexico Owns California and Texas, Will Trade For Amnesty

by NEIL MUNRO
    7 Apr 2017

The New York Times has just published an op-ed article saying that Mexico may give up its rightful claim to ownership of Texas, California and the entire Southwest of the United States, but only if the U.S. government gives the hugely valuable prize of U.S. citizenship to many millions of Mexicans — plus citizenship for all their kids and grandkids, on and on, forever.

The infinitely valuable compensation is justified because today’s Americans must wipe away the moral stain of war crimes committed in the 1840s by the U.S. military and government, says the op-ed by a Mexican historian and author, Enrique Krauze, who notably declined to forswear a alternative Mexican reconquista of the Southwest.

http://www.breitbart.com/immigration...trade-amnesty/

Offline skeeter

Re: NYT: Mexico Owns California and Texas, Will Trade For Amnesty
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 02:35:36 pm »
Spain owned California for 52 years, Mexico for 27 years.

So we'll agree to meet the moron writer halfway and give citizenship to all illegal aliens here who are from Spain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:46:41 am »
Article says Mexico was forced to give up Texas due to US intervention.

Idiot Yankee does not realize Texas was an independent country for over a decade.

It did not need the US.

The US needed Texas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 02:59:24 am »
Mexico has no rightful claim to Texas.

When Santa Anna dissolved the state legislature of Mexico and brought all the power to himself, Texas found itself working under an illegal system of government. So, Texas rebelled along with several other Mexican states.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 06:08:43 am »
Mexico has no rightful claim to Texas.

When Santa Anna dissolved the state legislature of Mexico and brought all the power to himself, Texas found itself working under an illegal system of government. So, Texas rebelled along with several other Mexican states.

:thumbsup:

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 07:44:03 am »
Come and take it

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 10:18:01 am »
Come and take it

Took the word out my mouth.

NYT is close to death.  I'll piss on its headstone.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2017, 10:29:53 am »
404 not found.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 10:34:54 am »
404 not found.

404 note?

I don't bother with Brietbart anymore as they are the kings of AdBlock by-pass. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Just_Victor

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2017, 01:42:18 pm »
One nuke could take out the entire ICC. For the lulz....

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 02:02:21 pm »
The only "ownership" of Texas that the Mexican government had was the same one that Cortez had when he landed on the shore and planted his flag, "I hereby claim in the name of God and the King of Spain, all lands north, south east and west as far as a Conquistador can lead a horse!".

Since the indigenous people's of Texas derived from northern tribes who themselves migrated from across the Bering Strait ten thousand years ago, not southern regions, neither the indigenous tribes of Mexico nor the Spanish had any rightful ancestral claim to those territories.

Since neither the Spanish nor the Mexicans established any significant infrastructure or population there (QED, they were easily defeated militarily by US/Mexican rebel forces) the fact that they could not defend their territory from invasion demonstrates that they were unworthy of dominion over them.

See, there is a Natural Law at work in the world which states effectively that the only nation which deserves to exercise dominion is one which can defend its borders from invasion. Mexico couldn't effectively defend it's claimed territory from even a rather facile military incursion, therefore, it didn't deserve to exercise dominion. 

International conventions of border sovereignty did not exist at the time of the Mexican - American conflicts. So in the most literal sense, no international laws were broken and no "theft" of territory occurred in the annexing of southwestern U.S. territories from Mexican control.

If the US had not taken those lands, other nations (France, Britain, Russia) with significant footholds in California, the Gulf of Mexico and elsewhere from overseas, steadily gathering forces and resources focused on those regions, surely would have. Mexico did not have the resources either militarily nor logistically to exercise dominion or enforce security for the disputed territories.

Then, countless trillions of dollars of development by U.S. citizens and non-Mexican foreign investors built up and developed Texas and all of the other territories in the interim. Their value today is the result of more than a century of investment, hard work, military defense overseas and border enforcement realized through investment of U.S. blood and treasure.

So the value of all of that must be added into the deal, which of course, would leave Mexico again, deeply in the U.S. 's debt.

The worth and value of a state does not simply spring spontaneously out of the ground - it must be built. The value of millions of acres of undeveloped land has no comparison to the value of a flourishing, first-tier infrastructure and economic engine.

In all likelihood, if Mexico had by some miracle been able to retain possession and control of those territories despite the designs of other vastly more powerful, more wealthy and more militarily strong nations all around it, there is virtually no doubt that they would never have been able to develop the territories to anywhere near the level it maintains today.

But of course, being largely and increasingly detached from reality is the norm for far leftist mass media entities like the NYT. They will not let a small thing like reality get in the way of believing in the Karl-Marx-inspired Myth of Aztlan.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 02:20:12 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 08:21:21 pm »
Since there is no existing document conveying Manhatten to the Dutch, then the NYT is squatting on soil owned by the Lenape Indians, whose ancestors could demand the NYT leave immediately, along with the rest of the squatters.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington