Author Topic: Germany tells Britain to hold SECOND referendum as UK DIDN’T KNOW what Brexit was about  (Read 392 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A SENIOR German politician has called on Britain to hold a European Union (EU) referendum because “nobody knew what Brexit was about”.
By Rebecca Perring
PUBLISHED: 09:37, Wed, Apr 12, 2017 | UPDATED: 11:12, Wed, Apr 12, 2017

Social Democrat (SPD) general secretary Katarina Barley said a second vote over whether to stay in the European Union (EU) should be held once the conditions of Brexit are clear.

She has joined remainers including Tim Farron, Nick Clegg and Tony Blair who have been consistently slapped down when calling for a second vote, claiming British people and politicians didn’t really know what leaving would “be about”.

Ms Barley said: “When the referendum was held, nobody really knew what it would be about - not the British people, not even the political class.

“A lot of people wrongfully thought that Britain could get a deal like Switzerland or Norway without the inconveniences, without accepting the rulings of the European Court of Justice, without free movement of labour.

“Now they know that this isn’t the case and they should be asked to vote again on this.”

The 48-year-old, whose father is British, said she discussed the idea of a second referendum with “a lot of politicians, both Brexiteers and Remainers” and believes people are changing their minds because “nobody really has an idea, not Theresa May, not Boris Johnson - how all of this should work out”.

More: http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/790912/Brexit-news-Germany-second-European-Union-referendum-Katarina-Barley

*****rollingeyes*****

Bleep off, Kraut.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Bleep off, Kraut.

I was going to ask what you thought about the Germans calling you stupid, but I see you already responded to that question.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, same here.  Somehow, I suspected EC wouldn't be in line with her opinion.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Maybe all of Europe should hold referendums about muslim immigrants, too.

To learn if even one single nation wants it to continue, as it has been going.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

They knew exactly what it was about