Author Topic: COMPLAINTS ROLL IN OVER ‘OBNOXIOUS’ SOUP SMELL  (Read 2238 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: COMPLAINTS ROLL IN OVER ‘OBNOXIOUS’ SOUP SMELL
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 09:13:01 pm »
Think sugar refineries are bad, try a sewage treatment plant.

Try going to your kids' soccer games right by a sewage treatment plant.

We didn't care if they won or lost........... just wanted the games to be over.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 09:37:25 pm »
So let us just shut down every business, because that's where this goes.

Are you for real? Nope..residents where there first. I would not want to smell that crap.

@geronl

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 09:38:05 pm »
Maybe the windows being open had something to do with it.

I suppose they could move the plant--out of state, like the chap who makes Sriracha sauce said he'd do. But then they would lose the jobs and tax base and income tax and ...and...and...

..or just move it out in a more rural area.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:00 pm »
..or just move it out in a more rural area.
He (The owner of the Sriracha plant) said If he was going to move the business it would be the hell out of California.
They relented.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 09:40:42 pm »
Likely it has to do more with wind direction and the product they are producing at the moment. I'd just about bet the soup maker has been there longer than the complainants.

Many previously industrial areas are being remodeled into trendy apartments/condos and then the new residents complain about the industry that was already there, or the noise the shooting range makes, or whatever.

"the factory moved to Lynn less than five years ago"

@Smokin Joe
@r9etb
@geronl

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 09:42:20 pm »
He (The owner of the Sriracha plant) said If he was going to move the business it would be the hell out of California.
They relented.
Which was good. I couldn't imagine life without Sriracha.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 09:48:49 pm »
"the factory moved to Lynn less than five years ago"

@Smokin Joe
@r9etb
@geronl
If the plant is having a problem with something (it said this problem has gradually been getting worse) they should fix it. I agree there. In this case they haven't been there long, and should address the complaints. Usually those plants are located where they are because of the available commercial space. A more rural area just might not have the water supply, among other things, they need to operate.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:49:22 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 09:50:20 pm »
Try going to your kids' soccer games right by a sewage treatment plant.

We didn't care if they won or lost........... just wanted the games to be over.

Yeah, but I bet the playing fields were lush and green.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 10:01:36 pm »
You knew the kids loved the game!

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 10:04:58 pm »
They should be glad they don't live near a paper mill.

Or oil well.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 10:07:06 pm »
Which was good. I couldn't imagine life without Sriracha.

I love Tobasco, and tried the Sriracha.  I couldn't stand it.  Living in AZ, I had to order it from Amazon because all the stores here carry is the 5 gallon jugs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »
I love Tobasco, and tried the Sriracha.  I couldn't stand it.  Living in AZ, I had to order it from Amazon because all the stores here carry is the 5 gallon jugs.
Tabasco is pretty mild, a gateway pepper.
It must have been a test market, because I've never seen it but once: Tabasco Sriracha. That stuff was the bomb, it would have been good on a flipflop.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 10:17:26 pm »

One of my clients rebuild sewer pumps. The woman I work with at the group walked in back on day and the guys were eating their lunch- sandwiches and chips with their dirty hands from the pumps like it was nothing and she said poo was still caked around the pumps.

My bil is a plumber and said you get used to it.

@Frank Cannon

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 10:50:19 pm »
One of my clients rebuild sewer pumps. The woman I work with at the group walked in back on day and the guys were eating their lunch- sandwiches and chips with their dirty hands from the pumps like it was nothing and she said poo was still caked around the pumps.

@Frank Cannon

Yes, but does one get over the Hepatitis?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 11:00:26 pm »

@Frank Cannon

I'm not that hard core (stupid) to not wash my hands, but being the son of a retired plumber and having had enough rental units basements filled with floating turds from back ups, you do get used to it.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 11:10:47 pm »
Yes, but does one get over the Hepatitis?

Years back a  friend of mine got a grunt job in the local sewage treatment facility-basically wading through turds. For the first 2-3 months he was really sick all the time but said he has not had a cold in years . Not sure if he was hyperbole/ half joking or not.

@Cyber Liberty

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 11:15:12 pm »
Years back a  friend of mine got a grunt job in the local sewage treatment facility-basically wading through turds. For the first 2-3 months he was really sick all the time but said he has not had a cold in years . Not sure if he was hyperbole/ half joking or not.

@Cyber Liberty

Neighbor of mine growing up was a plumber, and he was a nail-biter.  He got Hep from it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 11:50:04 pm »
Or oil well.
It depends on whether the crude has H2S in it, and how gassy it is. Sometimes, flaring gas is a good thing.

Here, too, the wellhead has to be a minimum of 500 ft. from any occupied structure.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 11:52:17 pm »

@Cyber Liberty
I know a couple of guys in the Septic tank industry, and they are very seldom sick. I would think all that exposure has their immune systems running in high gear.

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2017, 12:16:43 am »

Indeed.  And we made sure they didn't put gum back in their mouths if they dropped it on the ground.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

geronl

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2017, 05:47:43 am »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2017, 08:41:01 am »
Neighbor of mine growing up was a plumber, and he was a nail-biter.  He got Hep from it.

Wow! Googling this brought up a lot of facts to support your contention.

Whenever there is a debate about the lack of jobs, people always mention that the trades pay well and plumbers make a lot of money, well I guess we now know why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2017, 01:13:42 pm »
or hippies communes

Not to mention Occupy Wall Street protests......