Author Topic: LGBT advocates seek to label opponents as U.S. hate groups  (Read 322 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
LGBT advocates seek to label opponents as U.S. hate groups
« on: April 14, 2017, 10:20:03 am »
A liberal coalition on Thursday started a campaign to label social conservative organizations that oppose transgender rights as hate groups, ratcheting up the antagonism between opposing sides on one of America's most contentious debates.

The Eliminate Hate Campaign seeks to draw attention to groups it sees as extreme and hateful against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, accusing them of hiding behind ostensibly Christian or family values.

Alarmed by a surge in reported hate crimes tied to the 2016 presidential campaign, the campaign will pressure the media to use the hate-group designation for about 50 organizations in the United States.

It also will encourage the public to oppose extremism and seek to diminish the prestige of groups it believes spread fear and lies about LGBT people.

Conservatives have promised to dig in for a long fight in the debate over whether transgender people deserve legal protection against discrimination and the right to use the public bathrooms of their choice.

Several of the targeted groups said they reject any hate designation as an attempt to silence them.

More: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-lgbt-conservatives-idUSKBN17F2MY
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rodamala

Re: LGBT advocates seek to label opponents as U.S. hate groups
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:27:13 am »
Some of the most hate-filled people I have ever met were homosexuals.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 10:28:04 am by rodamala »