Author Topic: Trump says it’s not too late to ax Jim Comey: ‘He saved Hillary’s life … she was guilty of every charge’  (Read 714 times)

rangerrebew

Trump says it’s not too late to ax Jim Comey: ‘He saved Hillary’s life … she was guilty of every charge’
April 12, 2017 | Frieda Powers | Print Article   

President Donald Trump declared that FBI Director James Comey was “very good to” former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, despite the fact that she was “guilty” of every charge.

Trump did not think it was “too late” to ask Comey to step down if needed, as he responded to Fox Business Channel’s Maria Bartiromo’s question on why so many Obama administration people are still employed at the White House.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/04/12/edit-new-asap-941am-trump-unloads-on-comey-clinton-hillary-was-guilty-of-every-charge-471635
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 09:17:58 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I am now totally confused:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/fbi/328428-trump-i-wont-seek-comeys-resignation

Really?   I've seen Trump talk out of both sides of his mouth often and for a very long time. 

Don't pay a lot of attention to what he says,   just watch what he does.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not surprised, and it's fairly obvious if you think about the man for a second.

Trump has to be the one in charge. People never quit on him, they get fired (came up a couple of times even during the primary races, but he's got long history of it). So Trump is peeing on the fence posts here, establishing that yes, he could fire Comey and has every reason to.

However, Comey is looking into the Russia thing. Now, I don't believe (NOTE!!! OPINION!!!) in the slightest that Trump himself colluded with the Russians or directed collusion with the Russians over the election. No evidence for it, at least. But, a fair number of his staff and boosters do have Russia connections, from what we've seen. Maybe they're harmless, maybe they're not, we don't know.

If some on his staff - say Manafort, for example - were taking Russian direction, Trump is going to want to know about it, for revenge purposes. Trump plays people. He never gets played. Quickest way for him to find out is to let Comey do his thing.

Therefore: establish dominance over Comey, but let Comey continue working.

Thoughts?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

Not surprised, and it's fairly obvious if you think about the man for a second.

Trump has to be the one in charge. People never quit on him, they get fired (came up a couple of times even during the primary races, but he's got long history of it). So Trump is peeing on the fence posts here, establishing that yes, he could fire Comey and has every reason to.

However, Comey is looking into the Russia thing. Now, I don't believe (NOTE!!! OPINION!!!) in the slightest that Trump himself colluded with the Russians or directed collusion with the Russians over the election. No evidence for it, at least. But, a fair number of his staff and boosters do have Russia connections, from what we've seen. Maybe they're harmless, maybe they're not, we don't know.

If some on his staff - say Manafort, for example - were taking Russian direction, Trump is going to want to know about it, for revenge purposes. Trump plays people. He never gets played. Quickest way for him to find out is to let Comey do his thing.

Therefore: establish dominance over Comey, but let Comey continue working.

Thoughts?

First of all, I don't believe Trump or his team colluded with the Russians and I haven't done any research on this just bits and pieces from the media. I believe that some of Trump's staff may have had contact with the Russians but perhaps not exactly a "connection".  There has been speculation that Hillary has or had a connection with the Russians through the Clinton Foundation selling uranium to Putin.  Perhaps Hillary was hoping for some cooperation from Putin and it backfired?  Hillary was absolutely shocked that she didn't win with all of her corruption that she felt assured her a seat in the oval office. Perhaps Trump needs Comey in place to see who else on the DEM team is colluding with Russia?  My hunch is Trump has someone watching Comey and there is certainly more in play here than we know.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.