Author Topic: Trump throws support behind Export-Import Bank  (Read 2975 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump throws support behind Export-Import Bank
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 12:42:29 am »
NATO, China as a currency manipulator, fiscal policy regarding interest rates and dollar strength, and this.

When you add all those pieces up, it's clear that Bannon is gone and the Liberal elitists in the Kushner family are setting policy.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2017, 12:43:27 am »
What a jackass. Why in the hell would he reverse on this issue? This bank is a totally corrupt entity.

Money to be made.  It's a great way of passing out taxpayer money to get influence.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2017, 12:52:26 am »
   Boeing just inked that big deal with Iran too.

U.S. Export–Import Bank: Corporate Welfare on the Backs of Taxpayers

April 11, 2014

Diane Katz

Multinational corporations attract the largest proportion of Ex–Im financing, including the construction and engineering firm of Bechtel, ranked by Forbes as the fourth-largest privately held company by revenue, and Lockheed Martin, valued in excess of $50 billion. But the bank’s foremost beneficiary is Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company (with a market capitalization exceeding $91 billion). In the past five years, the company has profited from 197 Ex–Im deals totaling $48 billion. Last year alone, Boeing-related financing comprised 30 percent of all Ex–Im activity.

http://www.heritage.org/government-regulation/report/us-export-import-bank-corporate-welfare-the-backs-taxpayers

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2017, 12:56:10 am »
He also suddenly flipped on bannon.

geronl

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2017, 01:41:32 am »
Who gives a damn about this?   Only the same tired cabal of losers hanging around to harp about everything.

He's going to protect our jobs! He's going to bring back factories from China!

-- nobody cares about this? Isn't this the kind of crap that got him elected?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2017, 02:15:53 am »
He's going to protect our jobs! He's going to bring back factories from China!

-- nobody cares about this? Isn't this the kind of crap that got him elected?

The wall, repeal of bammycare, and jobs.  He was very emphatic and repeated many many times, that China was a currency manipulator.  In fact, 3 days ago, it was reported that he was considering an executive order on unfair trade.

What in the world is going on with him??  I'm serious here.  I find this back and forth over the past couple of days concerning -- although this seems to all have taken place after launching missiles at Syria and his meeting with Xi Jinping.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2017, 03:35:04 am »
The wall, repeal of bammycare, and jobs.  He was very emphatic and repeated many many times, that China was a currency manipulator.  In fact, 3 days ago, it was reported that he was considering an executive order on unfair trade.

What in the world is going on with him??  I'm serious here.  I find this back and forth over the past couple of days concerning -- although this seems to all have taken place after launching missiles at Syria and his meeting with Xi Jinping.

Past performance is a likely indicator of future performance.

All that magical thinking believing him is meeting reality.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 04:03:47 am »
Who gives a damn about this?   Only the same tired cabal of losers hanging around to harp about everything.

I'm one of those Trump supporters that would still vote for him if he shot somebody on 5th Avenue.    :laugh:

He saved the Supreme Court, and thus, the Republic as Founded.

He's all about creating jobs and business and better international relations with our allies.   And that includes Russia.

...meanwhile, he's taking names and kicking ass.

Still not known whether Gorsuch will be a savior of the Republic or not.  I doubt he will be another Scalia, and I appreciate that no one will completely step into Scalia's shoes, but I have nagging feelings Gorsuch could be another Roberts. Only time and a few opinions will tell. 

I'm not all that sure Trump can "create jobs."  He and Congress might be able to create an environment for job creation, and I know he has eliminated some of Obama's odious policies which have stymied business.  But we don't know what will happen down the road.  Trump and Congress have a lot more work to do in that regard.  What is needed is at least some significant legislation, and so far, there has been none.  If he ends up supporting TPP, you can be sure he doesn't give a flying fig about jobs.

As for improved international relations, it looks to me that Trump has not endeared himself to too many other countries.  I believe most are bewildered by him and others don't trust him and don't like him. And I'm not too crazy about him cozy in up to Russia. Russia cannot be trusted.

I just don't get that blind loyalty Trump supporters have toward Trump. Aren't you and they the least bit concerned that he may have lied to you to get your vote?  Or at the very least, all this waffling might be some indication  of mental health issues and that he might not be fit for the job of president?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2017, 05:34:33 am »
BWAHAHAHAAAHAAHAAHAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump was soooo needed because he was an outsider.....  hehehheeheeeeehheeee.... BWAHAHAAHAHAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

Everyone bought it!  I have to laugh.  PT Barnum, you are a rank amateur sir! 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 05:41:34 am »
Trump loves corporate subsidies and handouts. Did anyone forget that?

Of course he does.  I don't know how people thought it would turn out any other way.  He is a wealthy business man with business interests for the family business.

I think there are very few filthy rich people who are not self serving.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 10:34:33 am »
Depends on whether President Trump continues upon a more or less Conservative path. Or if he goes neo-con/dem. That is the problem with electing someone without core Conservative values.

Do not mistake me, so far so good in the whole.

But with no core position/value..... maybe the next SCOTUS.. say a ginsberg replacement, he will flip again. Have to be a President of ALL you K'no.

But yes.. better than Hillary... not better than Ted.

See?  Then we DO have some common ground, @Fantom     :laugh:

You had me until you mentioned "Ted".      :tongue2:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 10:43:10 am »
Still not known whether Gorsuch will be a savior of the Republic or not.  I doubt he will be another Scalia, and I appreciate that no one will completely step into Scalia's shoes, but I have nagging feelings Gorsuch could be another Roberts. Only time and a few opinions will tell. 

I'm not all that sure Trump can "create jobs."  He and Congress might be able to create an environment for job creation, and I know he has eliminated some of Obama's odious policies which have stymied business.  But we don't know what will happen down the road.  Trump and Congress have a lot more work to do in that regard.  What is needed is at least some significant legislation, and so far, there has been none.  If he ends up supporting TPP, you can be sure he doesn't give a flying fig about jobs.

As for improved international relations, it looks to me that Trump has not endeared himself to too many other countries.  I believe most are bewildered by him and others don't trust him and don't like him. And I'm not too crazy about him cozy in up to Russia. Russia cannot be trusted.

I just don't get that blind loyalty Trump supporters have toward Trump. Aren't you and they the least bit concerned that he may have lied to you to get your vote?  Or at the very least, all this waffling might be some indication  of mental health issues and that he might not be fit for the job of president?

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, @Applewood

I have no concerns "he may have lied" to get my vote.  None whatsoever.

He's not a professional politician, so it would be common sense for him to "waffle", after being in the position.

Whenever the hairs on my arms stand up when he does a 180....I think of what Madam President Hillary Clinton would be doing in his place.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:43:37 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 11:35:24 am »
See?  Then we DO have some common ground, @Fantom     :laugh:

You had me until you mentioned "Ted".      :tongue2:

Interesting.  Why is the Ted mention a problem for you?  I'm asking seriously - I don't understand that.

@DCPatriot
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:36:53 am by Sanguine »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 11:49:52 am »
Interesting.  Why is the Ted mention a problem for you?  I'm asking seriously - I don't understand that.

@DCPatriot

Simply a playful way of saying that I no longer wish to visit the primary wars.    :laugh:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 11:52:12 am »
Simply a playful way of saying that I no longer wish to visit the primary wars.    :laugh:

But it's perfectly fine to bring up the General war?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 12:04:44 pm »
They better get used to the primary wars because they're going to eat every last bit of the crap sandwich they forced on the rest of us. They don't get to foist the Trump vanity presidency on us then slink away pretending they don't know nothin. Anyone who wasn't mentally defective knew Trump was lying and the world will remember that they inflicted this garbage on us.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »
They better get used to the primary wars because they're going to eat every last bit of the crap sandwich they forced on the rest of us. They don't get to foist the Trump vanity presidency on us then slink away pretending they don't know nothin. Anyone who wasn't mentally defective knew Trump was lying and the world will remember that they inflicted this garbage on us.

You have a nice day, @Cripplecreek  :seeya:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »
Thank you for your thoughtful reply, @Applewood

I have no concerns "he may have lied" to get my vote.  None whatsoever.

He's not a professional politician, so it would be common sense for him to "waffle", after being in the position.

Whenever the hairs on my arms stand up when he does a 180....I think of what Madam President Hillary Clinton would be doing in his place.

I get that Trump is not a professional politician in the sense that he's never run for or held any public office.  But looking at his past business experience, it seems to me he has behaved like a politician in order to negotiate his business deals.  But even putting aside all that --  even without real political experience, he should have been able to settle into the presidency, or at least made some progress in that regard.  A lot of this job is common sense and a lot of schmoozing.  Trump supposedly has that, but I haven't seen much evidence of it so far. 

And I really wish we could retire the argument that Trump is much better than Hillary would have been.   I  believe my cat would have been a better president than Hillary.  The election is over and Trump is now the president.  We should be less focused on Hillary and more on Trump's performance.  He should be making more progress in keeping his promises to the voters.  He hasn't.  In fact, he's been stepping back from a significant number of those promises. That should disturb everyone -- not just his supporters.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 04:54:56 pm by Applewood »

geronl

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2017, 01:04:33 pm »
They will excuse anything Trump does by saying "Hillary" or "Obama".

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 01:24:59 pm »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2017, 01:26:08 pm »

OK, thanks, DC.  As you suspect we disagree on this issue, but I appreciate the explanation.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »
I get that Trump is not a professional politician in the sense that he's never run for or held any public office.  But looking at his past business experience, it seems to me he has behaved like a politician in order to negotiate his business deals.  But even putting aside all that --  even without real political experience, he should have been able to settle into the presidency, or at least made some progress in that regard.  A lot of this job is common sense and a lot of schmoozing.  Trump supposedly has that, but I haven't seen much evidence of it so far. 

And I really wish we could retire the argument that Trump is much better than Hillary would have been.   I  believe my cat would have been a better president than Hillary.  The election is over and Trump is now the president.  We should be less focused on Hillary and more in Trump's performance.  He should be making more progress in keeping his promises to the voters.  He hasn't.  In fact, he's been stepping back from a significant number of those promises. That should disturb everyone -- not just his supporters.

I cannot "retire" the Trump/Clinton argument, because I, like Rush, live in 'Realville'.  Ding Dong....that witch is 'dead'.

But, nobody else would have gotten 62 MILLION voters off their collective asses to accomplish it.

And WTF does anybody expect within the first 100 days?   

He's seated Gorsuch as promised. 
He's stopped the constant flood of people sneaking over our Southern border
He's getting rid of Obamacare
He's introducing business-friendly tax rates
He's wiping out business-killing EPA regulations
He's going after Lois Lerner

And that's just off the top of my head.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2017, 01:46:34 pm »
OK, thanks, DC.  As you suspect we disagree on this issue, but I appreciate the explanation.

:beer:

I have NEVER said anything negative about Ted Cruz being a bonafide candidate for POTUS.   Why would I do that?

Sleeping much better at night knowing we have a successful businessman/developer sitting in the Oval Office...one who genuinely loves America.

How refreshing!   

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2017, 02:06:51 pm »

He's seated Gorsuch as promised. 
He's stopped the constant flood of people sneaking over our Southern border
He's getting rid of Obamacare
He's introducing business-friendly tax rates
He's wiping out business-killing EPA regulations
He's going after Lois Lerner

You might want to check the top of your head. People are still flooding over the border. 20K a month by agent estimates. There is no wall. Obamacare still exists. His shitty bill was pulled off the floor because no one wanted to vote for it. He said he was moving on from the issue. He has kicked his tax plan further down the road because he failed on "killing' Obamacare and that is a large part of his alleged budget/tax plans. He has done absolutely nothing to go after Lois Lerner. House GOP'ers Kevin Brady and Peter Roskam are the ones who went to Sessions to reopen the Lerner case.