Author Topic: Male Student Accused of Sexual Harassment For Rejecting Gay Advances Commits Suicide After Title IX Verdict  (Read 1152 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
reason
Robby Soave|Apr. 12, 2017 9:15 am

http://reason.com/blog/2017/04/12/lawsuit-male-student-accused-of-sexual-h

[excerpt]

"You should consider killing yourself."

That's what Thomas Klocke, a straight male student at the University of Texas at Arlington, allegedly told a gay male classmate after finding out about his sexuality during class on May 19, 2016. The classmate filed a Title IX complaint with the university.

The problem? Klocke denied ever having made such a comment. In his version of the story, the classmate came on to him during class, calling him beautiful. Klocke felt uncomfortable, told the classmate he was straight, and moved to a different seat after the classmate wouldn't stop looking at him.

The classmate might have been worried Klocke would accuse him of sexual harassment, Klocke later guessed, because he immediately filed his own sexual harassment complaint against Klocke. The accuser told university officials that Klocke had called him a "faggot" and threatened to kill him.

Klocke maintained that he did no such thing, but the university sided with the accuser.

Days after discovering that a finding of responsibility could prevent him from getting in to grad school, Klocke committed suicide.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online DB

Horrible story. Leftism poisons the soul.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
As my niece called them in college.

LUGs Lesbian Until Graduation.

They found academic advantage in being a victim class.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Decades ago I took a young lady to a restaurant.

I went to the washroom where an elderly guy followed me in, smiled, offered a good time, and grabbed my crotch.

Since there weren't any cameras in the washroom, I just pushed him away.

He got to keep his nose unbroken and his teeth in his head not because he deserved to keep them, but because I didn't deserve a Felony Assault conviction for what he Did deserve.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Horrible story. Leftism poisons the soul.
Here is what I don't get.
Why kill yourself?
Someone has done you wrong.
If anyone needs killing, you don't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

Why kill yourself?

No hope I suppose. When there's no hope nothing else much matters. I do think I'd go after the source of my problem with a singular focus before doing myself in though.

Offline mirraflake

Why kill yourself?

I never trust these articles..the left and right both lie today or exaggerate or leave pertinent info out. The stuff I see on facebook from both conservatives and liberals makes me cringe.
Maybe Thoms Kloecke was not as pure as white wind driven snow as the article portrays

@Smokin Joe

Online Hoodat

Why kill yourself?

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DB

I never trust these articles..the left and right both lie today or exaggerate or leave pertinent info out. The stuff I see on facebook from both conservatives and liberals makes me cringe.
Maybe Thoms Kloecke was not as pure as white wind driven snow as the article portrays

@Smokin Joe

There are two powerful forces at play today that most of us didn't have to deal with when growing up. One is, many young people have not faced much adversity and when it comes they can't handle it. It's is the era of everyone gets a trophy. The other is social media. Now public shamings are common where a huge number of people pile on with every intent on destroying their target. It doesn't matter if you are actually guilty of the charge or not.

Offline skeeter

There are two powerful forces at play today that most of us didn't have to deal with when growing up. One is, many young people have not faced much adversity and when it comes they can't handle it. It's is the era of everyone gets a trophy. The other is social media. Now public shamings are common where a huge number of people pile on with every intent on destroying their target. It doesn't matter if you are actually guilty of the charge or not.

Which is sublimely ironic given the current gay-driven campaign against 'bullying'.

Offline Smokin Joe

@DB Good Points.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

The anti bullying campaign in the schools is a lie. In reality its about finding a different set of targets. Teachers and administrators will happily join in if the target is politically acceptable. The kid who wears the NRA shirt, or the girl who reads a bible during lunch can be mercilessly bullied because they're approved targets. Its targeting with no hope of being allowed to fight back and it creates a dangerous situation that stunts emotional growth and maturity.

There was plenty of bullying when I was in school through the 70s and into the 80s but. I was a scrawny shy kid so I was a natural target and I was miserable for a long time till I learned to cope as part of growing up. I learned what bullying could be ignored, what bullying could be laughed off and what bullying required a more direct physical confrontation. Within a year or so of leaving school we had all grown up enough where many of my former bullies became lifelong friends.

Offline Smokin Joe

Which is sublimely ironic given the current gay-driven campaign against 'bullying'.
But that only applies to gays, not regular kids.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

The anti bullying campaign in the schools is a lie. In reality its about finding a different set of targets. Teachers and administrators will happily join in if the target is politically acceptable. The kid who wears the NRA shirt, or the girl who reads a bible during lunch can be mercilessly bullied because they're approved targets. Its targeting with no hope of being allowed to fight back and it creates a dangerous situation that stunts emotional growth and maturity.

There was plenty of bullying when I was in school through the 70s and into the 80s but. I was a scrawny shy kid so I was a natural target and I was miserable for a long time till I learned to cope as part of growing up. I learned what bullying could be ignored, what bullying could be laughed off and what bullying required a more direct physical confrontation. Within a year or so of leaving school we had all grown up enough where many of my former bullies became lifelong friends.
Yep. Even if you knew you  were going to lose, you could square off with the worst jerk and at least retain some self-respect.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

Yep. Even if you knew you  were going to lose, you could square off with the worst jerk and at least retain some self-respect.

More often than not the bully was looking for easy prey and once he figured out that you weren't it they backed off or became a lot friendlier. Boys were like little Klingons full of braggadocio and displays of courage and toughness. Its all about learning to earn and give respect.

And today.....well.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
7 schools in 7 different towns in 12 grades. Not so much of anythings but being the FNG. Give 'em fair warning. Then get the one that takes his eyes off ya. There is always one. Go off like you're on bath salts. Leave bite marks. They tend to steer clear afterwards.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

7 schools in 7 different towns in 12 grades. Not so much of anythings but being the FNG. Give 'em fair warning. Then get the one that takes his eyes off ya. There is always one. Go off like you're on bath salts. Leave bite marks. They tend to steer clear afterwards.
  888high58888 7 schools, 2 parochial/private, the rest public, never moved but the districts were integrated and regerrymandered over 100K logged riding school buses from 1-12. (Never did Kindergarten) Yeah, "First day of school" is a cliche around here.

Be either too 'bad' or too crazy to eff with. Been there, done that, from day one.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Pretty efficient then. Besides, many problems aren't temporary.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn