Author Topic: White House to lift federal hiring freeze  (Read 828 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House to lift federal hiring freeze
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:15:51 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 04/11/17 11:00 PM EDT

The White House  will lift President Trump’s federal hiring freeze on Wednesday, following fire from critics who said it hampered the government from carrying out core functions.

The end of the freeze is part of guidance ordering federal departments and agencies to submit restructuring plans to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) by the fall.

“It does not mean the agencies will be free to hire willy-nilly,” OMB Director Mick Mulvaney told reporters Tuesday.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/328371-white-house-to-lift-federal-hiring-freeze
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mesaclone

Re: White House to lift federal hiring freeze
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:22:12 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 04/11/17 11:00 PM EDT

The White House  will lift President Trump’s federal hiring freeze on Wednesday, following fire from critics who said it hampered the government from carrying out core functions.

The end of the freeze is part of guidance ordering federal departments and agencies to submit restructuring plans to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) by the fall.

“It does not mean the agencies will be free to hire willy-nilly,” OMB Director Mick Mulvaney told reporters Tuesday.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/328371-white-house-to-lift-federal-hiring-freeze

This is a wise evolution of their hiring policy. Many more cuts will still be made, but what's needed now is surgical precision rather than a sledgehammer approach. Some agencies and sections will actually be expanding...and rightly so. ICE and Border Patrol for example, as well as rapid expansion of the Homeland Security passenger screening Canine force....things that secure and protect the country and our citizens.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 01:24:36 pm »
Great.... **nononono*

Offline kjam22

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »
Nobody can drain the swamp.  It is not possible.  Trump will be left of jimmy carter before he is done.  Once bannon is out there will be no conservative anchor
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 03:58:36 pm »
Taking a positive view, maybe there is a method to his madness.

It could be he's more than willing to cut out all the old deadwood but then replace them with a handful of new blood in key positions.

:0001:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:03:53 pm »
Taking a positive view, maybe there is a method to his madness.

It could be he's more than willing to cut out all the old deadwood but then replace them with a handful of new blood in key positions.

:0001:

And, how does that cut the size of the federal government?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 04:04:46 pm »
Nobody can drain the swamp.  It is not possible.  Trump will be left of jimmy carter before he is done.  Once bannon is out there will be no conservative anchor

It appears as though D.C. is grinding Trump down, and sooner than I expected. Or maybe it's the reporting. Hard to tell anymore.

Only an Article V reformation can save us - it's pretty clear by now that no single politician or political party will be able to. Best they can manage is a holding action, which is all many of us expected from Trump anyway.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 04:39:55 pm »

Brannon is no Conservative
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

geronl

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 05:08:27 pm »
Now we need a bigger swamp

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 05:19:00 pm »

And what's stopping them Mickey?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 06:29:57 pm »
Same Game different decade.

My dad was a federal worker (Naval shipyard) and this game was played-out over and over again with each new administration or budget overhaul.   A few times he had been laid off at the last day, or was it first day of the fiscal year, only to be hired back the next day.  That way D.C. can claim tens of thousands of federal jobs were terminated, which was technically true, but only for a day.    Today it's my little brother that works at the shipyard, and its the same story. He or my dad spanning working there from 1960 to 2017 have never been laid off longer than a day.

As far as hiring freezes, they are more real and last longer than a day.    If it wasn't for one during the Reagan years when I left the navy,  I would be working there along side my brother.  But fait had other plans for me, and I am not afraid to rub it in to my little brother, I now make more than him.... :tongue2:   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 07:19:08 pm »
And, how does that cut the size of the federal government?

@Sanguine

"key positions"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 07:25:12 pm »
@Sanguine

"key positions"

Ah, but they're all key positions, @Suppressed.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 07:49:48 pm »
Fire 100 deadbeats

Hire 1 ball buster

Repeat