Author Topic: AP Exclusive: Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout  (Read 400 times)

Offline Suppressed

AP Exclusive: Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout
« on: April 12, 2017, 06:37:38 pm »
AP Exclusive: Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout
By JACK GILLUM, CHAD DAY and JEFF HORWITZ
17 minutes ago
https://apnews.com/20cfc75c82eb4a67b94e624e97207e23

WASHINGTON (AP) — Last August, a handwritten ledger surfaced in Ukraine with dollar amounts and dates next to the name of Paul Manafort, who was then Donald Trump's campaign chairman.

Ukrainian investigators called it evidence of off-the-books payments from a pro-Russian political party — and part of a larger pattern of corruption under the country's former president. Manafort, who worked for the party as an international political consultant, has publicly questioned the ledger's authenticity.

Now, financial records newly obtained by The Associated Press confirm that at least $1.2 million in payments listed in the ledger next to Manafort's name were actually received by his consulting firm in the United States. They include payments in 2007 and 2009, providing the first evidence that Manafort's firm received at least some money listed in the so-called Black Ledger.

Excerpt.  Read more at https://apnews.com/20cfc75c82eb4a67b94e624e97207e23
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: AP Exclusive: Manafort firm received Ukraine ledger payout
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 06:41:18 pm »
Isn't a "a handwritten ledger " written?    How is it off the books if its written in a ledger?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 06:56:27 pm »
Isn't a "a handwritten ledger " written?    How is it off the books if its written in a ledger?

It's an 'off books' ledger. Kind of like white hispanic, or Susan Rice's non-lying lie.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 08:59:50 pm »
Manafort, who worked for the party as an international political consultant, has publicly questioned the ledger's authenticity.

As well he should. I'd be extremely skeptical of anything from this vodka soaked corner of the world.  0005
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.