Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48725 times)

Offline roamer_1

Homosexuality as akin to bestiality?   It's cruel slander such as this that turns so many decent folks off to "Christian" conservatism.

Why? Aren't folks that are sexually drawn to animal sex 'decent people'?
Aren't they just 'wired that way' sexually, so it's OK?
How are they hurting you, or anyone else (assuming the beast is voluntarily participating)?
What if they're faithful to their partner? Doesn't that make it alright?
Why can't they marry? Who does it hurt?

I think I am detecting a double standard.

Offline mirraflake

Adultery.  Fornication.  Homosexuality.  Bestiality.  Incest.  ALL sins.

But somehow the Christian right concentrates on 2% of the population while the vast rest of the population are being adulterous and screwing around at a record pace and not a word, or very little is said.

@musiclady
@Jazzhead

Offline mirraflake

How are they hurting you, or anyone else (assuming the beast is voluntarily participating)?

The animal cannot give consent as two adults can.  No homosexual I know has ever said bestiality or child sex is ok.

@roamer_1

Offline roamer_1

But somehow the Christian right concentrates on 2% of the population while the vast rest of the population are being adulterous and screwing around at a record pace and not a word, or very little is said.

That is not true.

Offline Mesaclone

This is so idiotic I nearly ignored it.

The issue is consent. An animal cannot consent, nor can a child. So comparisons to these are ludicrous. What is being discussed is partnerships between consenting human adults....it takes a true moron to compare that with bestiality, in which there is only one consenting human. Grow up.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline roamer_1

The animal cannot give consent as two adults can.  No homosexual I know has ever said bestiality or child sex is ok.

LOL! If a male beast hops up to get it done, that's pretty much an indicator of consent.

Face it. It's the same dang thing. Using the things God gave you in the wrong way.
It's simply that in your mind, one is revolting and the other is not.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:02:57 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

The issue is consent. An animal cannot consent, nor can a child. So comparisons to these are ludicrous. What is being discussed is partnerships between consenting human adults....it takes a true moron to compare that with bestiality, in which there is only one consenting human. Grow up.

Pedophilia is next, and beastiality is not far behind...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Except he speaks the truth and you're too stubborn to accept it.   

I NEVER accept truth from the mouth of a man.  Never.

Especially when their 'truth' contradicts scripture.

The gay couple who remain faithful and true to each other are condemned by you as morally degenerate,  no differently than those who prowl the bathhouses in search of multiple partners.

Sin is sin earning the same penalty.  That homosexuality is listed with an additional moniker of 'abomination' multiple times in both the Old and New Testaments leaves no wiggle room for those that would pervert the scriptures as well as created nature itself to insist such behavior is good, right and normal.

And you don't say much at all about the Christians (and others) who commit adultery and divorce the spouses for whom they took an oath before God.

Not the topic of discussion in these homosexual agenda threads.  But my reaction to ignorant imbeciles who would try and tell us that God has no problem with adultery and fornication would be met with the same militancy you witness in regards to your pushing homosexuality as a good thing.

You are pushing evil as a good and using the reasoning of a debased mind and society to deem wickedness as a good.

My neighbors are honest, faithful and honorable.   I'll continue to defend them against the likes of you.

My brethren are honest, faithful and obedient.   I'll continue to defend the Word of God and biblical Christians against the likes of you.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mirraflake

That is not true.

Sure it is.. When is adultury and fornication laws brought by people asking politicians on the political trail or town halls?  I have never seen it as laws about homosexuality is.

Show me a Presidential candidate ever asked about anti adultury or anti fornication laws or even discussing the matter.

@roamer_1
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 03:40:46 pm by mirraflake »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Sure it is.. When is adultury and fornication laws brought by people asking politicians on the political trail or town halls?  I have never seen it as laws about homosexuality is.

Show me a Presidential candidate ever asked about anti adultury or anti fornication laws or even discussing the matter.

@roamer_1

Ummm there's already adultery laws on the books.

Nice try though.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline mirraflake

I was born with a desire to take things that weren't mine and hit people who made me mad.

Your stealing affects more people negativity than two women who have loved each other for 40 years wanting to get married.

@musiclady

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Your stealing affects more people negativity than two women who have loved each other for 40 years wanting to get married.

@musiclady

So when are straight married people going to get their "right" of marriage and have it protected with the full force and weight of the Federal government like gays now have?

Offline mirraflake

Nice try though.

In divorce situations-civil case. That's it. Otherwise Newt Gringrich would be in the slammer right now.

Offline mirraflake

Nice try though.

Again show me a politician who has said there should be anti adultury and anti fornication laws developed.
Name me one.

I can name plenty of politicians on the right who have wanted laws which were anti gay.

@txradioguy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The issue is consent. An animal cannot consent, nor can a child.

What about the baker and the florist that refused to consent?

Consent... my rear-end.

You'll declare 'consent' now because it appears magnanimous and there is a sufficient amount of people appalled at pedophiles and beastiality.  But history teaches that deviancy is an avalanche and once it starts downhill it picks up speed, gathering even larger damaging debris and flattens everything in its path on its rush to the bottom of the mountain.  As we get desensitized to more and more outrageous acts of wickedness, we will become more and more accepting of them as practitioners lecture us on how 'virtuous', 'righteous' and 'good' those behaviors are.  Just as we witness from the homosexual agenda lobbyists.

In a few years, once some imbeciles in black robes make a convoluted ruling that pedophelia and beastiality are protected rights we all have to accommodate - you will be right back here to trip over yourself to explain what the definition of 'consent' really means.  Jazzy here just enlightened us to his convoluted reasonings that civil unions was not enough for homosexuals and was akin to segregated drinking fountains.  I'm sure in a few years, your explanations in a vain attempt to shame the biblically adherent about child and animal marriages will be just as stupefying.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

When society redefines what constitutes a family, the basic building blocks of society are thrown down - and that civilization will collapse in a mighty roar.

Or put another way - "There is a way that seems right to the mind of man, but that is the way that leads to death". - Proverbs 16:25/14:12

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Folks are wired to be gay or straight - you know you are, don't you? -  which is why I've said that God doesn't make mistakes.   God created my neighbors in His own image, just as He created you and I.     

Regardless of whether you have your wires crossed, People are plumbed for a purpose. If you are using the plumbing in a manner inconsistent with the design, all sorts of problems will occur that would not be there otherwise.
Considering that God doesn't make mistakes, and God created that design, maybe someone just isn't following the directions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Regardless of whether you have your wires crossed, People are plumbed for a purpose. If you are using the plumbing in a manner inconsistent with the design, all sorts of problems will occur that would not be there otherwise.
Considering that God doesn't make mistakes, and God created that design, maybe someone just isn't following the directions.

How do you feel about masturbation?   That's "inconsistent with the design", too,  and I've heard some Christians claim that it, too, is a sin. 

I ask in part because a significant number of homosexuals in relationships don't engage in sodomy, but merely mutual masturbation.  Are they going to hell too?   Because if they are,  I think we'll all be seeing each other at the meet and greet in Beelzebub's place after we're gone.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What about the baker and the florist that refused to consent?

Consent... my rear-end.

You'll declare 'consent' now because it appears magnanimous and there is a sufficient amount of people appalled at pedophiles and beastiality.  But history teaches that deviancy is an avalanche and once it starts downhill it picks up speed, gathering even larger damaging debris and flattens everything in its path on its rush to the bottom of the mountain.  As we get desensitized to more and more outrageous acts of wickedness, we will become more and more accepting of them as practitioners lecture us on how 'virtuous', 'righteous' and 'good' those behaviors are.  Just as we witness from the homosexual agenda lobbyists.

In a few years, once some imbeciles in black robes make a convoluted ruling that pedophelia and beastiality are protected rights we all have to accommodate - you will be right back here to trip over yourself to explain what the definition of 'consent' really means.  Jazzy here just enlightened us to his convoluted reasonings that civil unions was not enough for homosexuals and was akin to segregated drinking fountains.  I'm sure in a few years, your explanations in a vain attempt to shame the biblically adherent about child and animal marriages will be just as stupefying.

The idiocy is strong in this one . . .
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

@musiclady
@Jazzhead
For various and sundry reasons, the rest of the population isn't having parades proclaiming their "pride" in being adulterous, in bestiality, incest, or, for the most part, even just ordinarily promiscuous. They aren't demanding their behaviour be held up on par with a faithful one man/one woman sacramental marriage, with all the rights, privileges, and appurtenances thereto.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Folks are wired to be gay or straight - you know you are, don't you? -  which is why I've said that God doesn't make mistakes.

Using Jazzy's ridiculous argument - that people are 'wired' a certain way and "God doesn't make mistakes' - the argument becomes "I was born a rapist.  I know I am.  God doesn't make mistakes.  It's who I am"

Or:

"I was born a thief"; or "I was born an adulterer"; or "I was born an alcoholic"; or "I was born a liar"; or "I was born a wife beater"; or "I was born a drug addict" - and if God makes no mistakes with proclivities people have desires to fulfill -  by the logic we read from advocates of homosexuality, those people are free to practice their urges and we have no right to 'judge' their behavior because they were 'born that way'.

It's all part and parcel with defining deviancy down and redefining sin and unacceptable behavior with mandating such behaviors be acceptable and preferred.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Again show me a politician who has said there should be anti adultury and anti fornication laws developed.
Name me one.

I can name plenty of politicians on the right who have wanted laws which were anti gay.

@txradioguy

You're tossing up the stupidest of straw men to try and defend an untenable position.

There is no need to push for anti-adultery laws because in civil law and family law it's already codified.

Texas was the last state to have an anti-Sodomy law and that was struck down in Lawrence v Texas.

But hey who am I to stop you from continuing to try and convince us that your Liberal talking points are valid.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The idiocy is strong in this one . . .

That is a compliment coming from you on this subject.