Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48101 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
@roamer_1

That reply, my friend, was a thing of beauty.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

@roamer_1

Amen and AMEN!!!

Praise the LORD!

@roamer_1
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline roamer_1

That was amazing. 

@INVAR
Thank you for your kind reply.

As a former Atheist, it was my silly attempt to prove scripture bogus that led me to see the truth of God's Spirit having inspired it to be written. 

I too had the occasion to shake my fist at YHWH and demand he prove himself. He graciously put it in my heart to prove him myself. It ended with me truly on my knees before the Cross. There is no other. All the rest are Fallen Ones, pretenders to the Throne.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

Amen and AMEN!!!

Praise the LORD!

@roamer_1

thx :)

Offline mirraflake

These gay thread have been beaten to death. Everyone knows each others stance and will not convince others.

My last parting comment..everyone should make one and just let it go.

Go on nearly any conservative site and the anti gay/anti gay marriage threads are about 15 to 1 over adultery and fornication...maybe even higher

For 2% of the population there sure is a lot of hand wringing  among Christians

Adultery and sex out of wedlock has  hurt marriage and this country more than gays or gay marriage ever will just as gluttony(obesity) which is a mortal sin have hurt this country more than Aids ever will. Seen to many anti gay conservatives who are on their 2nd or 3rd marriage.

I'm done  we all know each others views.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:43:36 pm by mirraflake »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
These gay thread have been beaten to death. Everyone knows each others stance and will not convince others.

My last parting comment..everyone should make one and just let it go.

Go on nearly any conservative site and the anti gay/anti gay marriage threads are about 15 to 1 over adultery and fornication...maybe even higher

For 2% of the population there sure is a lot of hand wringing  among Christians

Adultery and sex out of wedlock has  hurt marriage and this country more than gays or gay marriage ever will just as gluttony(obesity) which is a mortal sin have hurt this country more than Aids ever will.

I'm done  we all know each others views.

Adulterers and fornicators are not suing Christian businesses out of existence because they will not accept their behavior or partake in acknowledging and participating in it.  Adulterers and fornicators are not demanding "equality" and "civil rights" to have their behavior established as a Constitutional right.  Adulterers and fornicators are not engaged in programs to indoctrinate children to accept and practice their behavior.

While fornication and adultery have hurt marriages and families, they have not deconstructed the institution of marriage and made a mockery of it's existence and purpose.  And while fornication and adultery produce their own consequences of misery, pain and brokenness, they do not infringe on the conscience of everyone else or punish their religious beliefs when they reject that behavior as repugnant and unacceptable.

It has to do with the liberty that the homosexual agenda seeks to abolish in the name of equality and rights while forcing acceptance and their behavior upon all, while destroying the very institution of Holy Matrimony itself.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:49:47 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Adulterers and fornicators are not suing Christian businesses out of existence because they will not accept their behavior or partake in acknowledging and participating in it.  Adulterers and fornicators are not demanding "equality" and "civil rights" to have their behavior established as a Constitutional right.  Adulterers and fornicators are not engaged in programs to indoctrinate children to accept and practice their behavior.

While fornication and adultery have hurt marriages and families, they have not deconstructed the institution of marriage and made a mockery of it's existence and purpose.  And while fornication and adultery produce their own consequences of misery, pain and brokenness, they do not infringe on the conscience of everyone else or punish their religious beliefs when they reject that behavior as repugnant and unacceptable.

It has to do with the liberty that the homosexual agenda seeks to abolish in the name of equality and rights while forcing acceptance and their behavior upon all, while destroying the very institution of Holy Matrimony itself.

Yes, I was going to point that out.  The fact that we even use the words "gay agenda" says it all. 

Offline Hoodat

@mirraflake

It wasn't a 'gay' thread until Jazzhead decided to make it one in post #4.  When confronted with the inability to discuss the North Carolina bill on its Constitutional merit, emotion took over.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It wasn't a 'gay' thread until Jazzhead decided to make it one in post #4.  When confronted with the inability to discuss the North Carolina bill on its Constitutional merit, emotion took over.

Well.... actually if you look at the article in the OP - the entire premise of this thread is about homosexuality considering the article the instigated the discussions and arguments is centered around the state of North Carolina introducing a bill to restore the ban on homosexual marriage in their state.

All it did is bring the pro-homosexual and anti-homosexual protagonists into the arena to battle our positions.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Hoodat

Well.... actually if you look at the article in the OP - the entire premise of this thread is about homosexuality considering the article the instigated the discussions and arguments is centered around the state of North Carolina introducing a bill to restore the ban on homosexual marriage in their state.

Uh, no.  It is a ban on same-sex marriage.  Marriage is not the same as having sex.  Marriage is a restriction placed upon individuals by the state regardless of whom those individuals desire to have sex with.  It is applied equally to all without regard to sexual preference.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-