Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48104 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It is amusing to see liberals hold fast to moral arguments as they embrace tyranny while completely ignoring the Constitution of the United States of America.

The one thing that will always expose liberals is their rabid hatred of Christianity. I've known plenty of conservative atheists who never show any animosity toward Christianity because they are essentially conservative at their core.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Has that baker who won't provide a cake for a gay wedding ever cheated on his wife?  Dollars to donuts he has!
You are assuming someone who suffers for their faith has sinned, versus someone who proclaims their sin and demands the rest of us 'celebrate' that.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 11:48:10 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
A little leaven leavens the entire lump.

Everything you need to know about where that lifestyle will take a people, a city , a nation is depicted in Genesis 19.

It's instructive to read all the arguments of men that loft up and condone an egregious sin listed in scripture as such as noble, virtuous, good and holy while bashing those that hold fast to the truth.   It reveals with clarity, that abject hatred such people have for God of the bible because they instead prefer to worship and believe in the golden calf they have crafted in their own image and likeness to represent whom they claim to follow.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You are assuming someone who suffers for their faith has sinned, versus someone who proclaims their sin and demands the rest of us 'celebrate' that.

Amazing how Liberals always try to find any twig they can grasp onto or create any straw man they need to in order to defend immoral behavior.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You are citing Proverbs...which is the words of Solomon, Agur and Lemuel in that order. So the Proverbs are simply the opinions of these men and a reflection of their own cultural view...not god's view. God might be infallible, but rest assured that Solomon, Agur and Lemuel were anything but.

That makes logical sense to me,  because if these were the words of God,  there wouldn't be a contradiction between Leviticus and Proverbs Chapter 6.    The Proverb is quite exacting in making clear there were six -yea seven - abominations.   Homosexuality isn't among them.    These passages represent contemporary opinion,  not the unchanging declarations of God.

But it is interesting the number of abominations committed by the contemporary internet forum member who condemns good people with certitude, refuses to extend respect or courtesy even upon pain of violating the civil law,  and counsels withdrawal from the larger community:  a proud look,  wicked imaginings and sowing discord among brethren.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The one thing that will always expose liberals is their rabid hatred of Christianity. I've known plenty of conservative atheists who never show any animosity toward Christianity because they are essentially conservative at their core.

I agree.   A conservative has no animosity toward Christianity. I suppose that some of us have animosity to those who use the name of Christ to justify their abominable behavior  (see Proverbs Chapter 6).   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I know MJ means the best but she also told us she belonged to ? what a Presbyterian or Episcopalian Church when we talked about Gorsuch and what church Gorsuch went to. See, some of us may see that kind of church as more liberal in teachings.

Offline Smokin Joe

You are citing Proverbs...which is the words of Solomon, Agur and Lemuel in that order. So the Proverbs are simply the opinions of these men and a reflection of their own cultural view...not god's view. God might be infallible, but rest assured that Solomon, Agur and Lemuel were anything but.
You still didn't address the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. If that isn't a clear statement, nothing will get through.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

That makes logical sense to me,  because if these were the words of God,  there wouldn't be a contradiction between Leviticus and Proverbs Chapter 6.    The Proverb is quite exacting in making clear there were six -yea seven - abominations.   Homosexuality isn't among them.    These passages represent contemporary opinion,  not the unchanging declarations of God.

But it is interesting the number of abominations committed by the contemporary internet forum member who condemns good people with certitude, refuses to extend respect or courtesy even upon pain of violating the civil law,  and counsels withdrawal from the larger community:  a proud look,  wicked imaginings and sowing discord among brethren.
I condemned no one. That part is above my pay grade. I did, however read what The Almighty doesn't like, and will pass that on. You are free to worship any golden calf you want, but you do so at your own peril.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I suppose that some of us have animosity to those who use the name of Christ to justify their abominable behavior.

You most certainly do.  Including asserting biblical justification for that which is biblically declared sin, abomination, wickedness and perversion.  You operate from a wholly Genesis 3:4 motivation.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

You still didn't address the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. If that isn't a clear statement, nothing will get through.

What's to address? God doesn't destroy cities full of children and babies...men do that, and then they write about it blaming god. That should be clear enough for ya.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Fantom

Except that Jesus and God himself encourage in the Old and New Testament instruct people to spread His word far and wide to the masses.

You just don't want to hear what He has to say because it throws up in your face how wrong you are in your views.

Yep.

I believe it was Jesus who said ..go forth and sin no more.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

You most certainly do.  Including asserting biblical justification for that which is biblically declared sin, abomination, wickedness and perversion.  You operate from a wholly Genesis 3:4 motivation.

In your juvenile misunderstanding of the bible, you are taking the words of men to be the words of god...even when no such claim is made by the particular biblical author in question. Paul thought women should remain silent in church, for example....and that was HIS opinion, not gods. Likewise with Proverbs and the vast majority of writings in the bible. Where Jesus is quoted, it makes some sense to attribute that to the deity...but if you think Jesus would condemn gay marriage or gays themselves...well, you simply don't know Jesus at all.

Love god, love your fellow man, forgive those who harm you and be a good citizen. That's the message of Jesus...and others of a similar nature/disposition. This is all that's needed for anyone to be a good Christian. Everything else, rules and rituals and doctrine, that's the work of modern day Pharisees...put forward to obstruct people's path to god, not assist it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:36:38 am by Mesaclone »

Offline Fantom

In your juvenile misunderstanding of the bible, you are taking the words of men to be the words of god...even when no such claim is made by the particular biblical author in question. Paul thought women should remain silent in church, for example....and that was HIS opinion, not gods. Likewise with Proverbs and the vast majority of writings in the bible. Where Jesus is quoted, it makes some sense to attribute that to the deity...but if you think Jesus would condemn gay marriage or gays themselves...well, you simply don't know Jesus at all.

Love god, love your fellow man, forgive those who harm you and be a good citizen. That's the message of Jesus...and others of a similar nature/disposition. This is all that's needed for anyone to be a good Christian. Everything else, rules and rituals and doctrine, that's the work of modern day Pharisees...put forward to obstruct people's path to god, not assist it.

This, is a classic example of liberal idolatry. Substituting false for truth.

Jesus is quoted in Mathew.. as coming to fulfill.. not abrogate Gods truth. Certainly Jesus did mitigate the punishment.. at least on earth..... cast not the first stone. But still the Sin was recognized by Jesus to keep one from God unless one repented and sinned no more.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Mesaclone

This, is a classic example of liberal idolatry. Substituting false for truth.

Jesus is quoted in Mathew.. as coming to fulfill.. not abrogate Gods truth. Certainly Jesus did mitigate the punishment.. at least on earth..... cast not the first stone. But still the Sin was recognized by Jesus to keep one from God unless one repented and sinned no more.

I have no idols, just plain god. I gave you truth for truth. I didn't say Jesus abrogated anything, though he did correct a great deal of misperceptions about God's truth. "Sin", as Jesus practiced, was exactly as I described above...or rather...failing to do the things I listed.

Again, stop being the Pharisee and try emulating Jesus. You'll find a happier, more spiritual life and a closer communion with the deity herself.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
...but if you think Jesus would condemn gay marriage or gays themselves...well, you simply don't know Jesus at all.

If you think Jesus has no problem with homosexuality and does not call it a sin, and abomination and will earn eternal death - you are the one who does not know Jesus at all.

You might try re-reading John 1:1-3 and then verse 14 and discover who the God of the Scriptures was.

But I think, given your statements when it comes to the scriptures, your own intellect serves as your god.

Offline Mesaclone

If you think Jesus has no problem with homosexuality and does not call it a sin, and abomination and will earn eternal death - you are the one who does not know Jesus at all.

You might try re-reading John 1:1-3 and then verse 14 and discover who the God of the Scriptures was.

But I think, given your statements when it comes to the scriptures, your own intellect serves as your god.

As god made everything, my intellect IS from god. As is yours. But he's given you the free will to misinterpret his teachings...and luckily, the ability over time to grow into a more genuine understanding of the meaning of Jesus.

And your verses from John really have no bearing on the gay marriage debate.

Offline Smokin Joe

What's to address? God doesn't destroy cities full of children and babies...men do that, and then they write about it blaming god. That should be clear enough for ya.
What about that little flood thingy?

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

What about that little flood thingy?

A number of cultures in and around...and generally pre-dating the Old Testament writings...had similar stories of epic floods. Clearly, this is a resonance from an actual flooding event. Just as clearly, its ludicrous to believe there was a flood that covered the entire earth. Stories of real events are shaded with human misperceptions and imbued with cultural significance over time...and this is true of stories in the bible as much as with ancient Egyptian and Sumerian writings.

Its hard to imagine anyone rational thinks two of every species went on to a boat...were fed...and then repopulated the planet in an event occurring less than 10000 years ago. The story is a metaphor, based on earlier mythologies that grew from some major flooding events...making more of it than that is, well, ludicrous.

Offline Smokin Joe

A number of cultures in and around...and generally pre-dating the Old Testament writings...had similar stories of epic floods. Clearly, this is a resonance from an actual flooding event. Just as clearly, its ludicrous to believe there was a flood that covered the entire earth. Stories of real events are shaded with human misperceptions and imbued with cultural significance over time...and this is true of stories in the bible as much as with ancient Egyptian and Sumerian writings.

Its hard to imagine anyone rational thinks two of every species went on to a boat...were fed...and then repopulated the planet in an event occurring less than 10000 years ago. The story is a metaphor, based on earlier mythologies that grew from some major flooding events...making more of it than that is, well, ludicrous.
Nicely dodged!

The point was that all those floods were seen as a deity eliminating his creations who had become corrupted and evil. Whether you believe there is any point on the earth which has not been under water is your problem.

C S Lewis

Offline Mesaclone

Nicely dodged!

The point was that all those floods were seen as a deity eliminating his creations who had become corrupted and evil. Whether you believe there is any point on the earth which has not been under water is your problem.

Its not much of a point, as again...God doesn't kill children babies. Not with floods nor with fires or lightning or pillars of salt. Natural events happen...like floods...and men kill each other.  That is the "truth" of it.

Offline Smokin Joe

Its not much of a point, as again...God doesn't kill children babies. Not with floods nor with fires or lightning or pillars of salt. Natural events happen...like floods...and men kill each other.  That is the "truth" of it.
I'll let Him take credit for those He takes credit for. As for the rest, the insurance companies have been blaming Him for decades.
You are free to believe what you will.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
But he's given you the free will to misinterpret his teachings...and luckily, the ability over time to grow into a more genuine understanding of the meaning of Jesus.

His Teachings are Written.  You have openly declared them to be void.  So the only understanding you are demonstrating that you have in regards to the God of the bible, is one of your own imagination.

And your verses from John really have no bearing on the gay marriage debate.

Thanks for making my point above.   The verses I provided tell us plainly that the One Whom Made All Things, Whom Created all, the One Whom GAVE the Commandments and listed what was sin and abomination, the One whom then was made Flesh -  the very one you claim to worship - told us plainly what He had inspired to write in Genesis regarding Marriage.  Male and female He made man, that a man may be joined to his wife, and the two one flesh.  Not the abominations you assert God has no opinion about.

Offline Mesaclone

His Teachings are Written.  You have openly declared them to be void.  So the only understanding you are demonstrating that you have in regards to the God of the bible, is one of your own imagination.

Thanks for making my point above.   The verses I provided tell us plainly that the One Whom Made All Things, Whom Created all, the One Whom GAVE the Commandments and listed what was sin and abomination, the One whom then was made Flesh -  the very one you claim to worship - told us plainly what He had inspired to write in Genesis regarding Marriage.  Male and female He made man, that a man may be joined to his wife, and the two one flesh.  Not the abominations you assert God has no opinion about.

You are looking for God in the wrong place if you seek him in a book or in the church. That is not where you will find the Kingdom of God:

"Split wood, I am there. Lift up a rock, you will find me there."   - Gospel of Thomas

Further, God didn't write Genesis. A man did. Which explains why its such a mess.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 03:55:07 am by Mesaclone »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Wow, Gnostic Gospel; I thought one can find some odd things stated in those Gospels as well. Specifically the Gospel of Thomas.

Then, I'd have to say we are now departing at least, Conventional Christianity.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 04:02:03 am by TomSea »