Author Topic: GOP lawmakers in North Carolina introduce bill to restore ban on same-sex marriage  (Read 48113 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
God also says that marriage is between a woman and a man....and says homosexuality is a sin.

That's not your concern,  other than with respect to your own life.   God doesn't need or want your help harassing and haranguing my neighbors about their "sin".   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Should the government support and encourage that commitment?

YES!

NO!  The government should have nothing to do with encouraging or discouraging marriage within reason.

I thought you were against the Government meddling in our lives?

Oh wait...that's right...

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
That's not your concern,  other than with respect to your own life.   God doesn't need or want your help harassing and haranguing my neighbors about their "sin".   

Except that Jesus and God himself encourage in the Old and New Testament instruct people to spread His word far and wide to the masses.

You just don't want to hear what He has to say because it throws up in your face how wrong you are in your views.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Except that Jesus and God himself encourage in the Old and New Testament instruct people to spread His word far and wide to the masses.

You just don't want to hear what He has to say because it throws up in your face how wrong you are in your views.

Gotta disagree with you, baby.  God tells us many diverse things in scripture that can be interpreted too many ways to be dogmatic about it.

Just go with what it means to you and let others alone about it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I think nonetheless, it should be left to the States, the States for years and years have legislated marriage, Cousins Marriages have different laws between the States.

And take a look at polygamy? What's to stop that from becoming accepted too. The US did not want the Mormons taking part in polygamy.

I can relate to the statement, "how is their marriage affecting you?" Maybe none at all, but Bed and Breakfast places having to accept a same-sex couple, there should be some leeway. Also, one can't help but find examples where some folks try to mainstream it into the public schools and elsewhere.

States should set the law, it be NC, NY, etc.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Gotta disagree with you, baby.  God tells us many diverse things in scripture that can be interpreted too many ways to be dogmatic about it.

Yeah...whatever.  *****rollingeyes*****

Mark 16:15 NKJV

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

Psalms 96:3 NKJV

“Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.”

Matthew 28:19-20 NKJV

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Offline Frank Cannon

Divorce rate is the lowest it's been since the 60's and marriage rates are coming back.

Divorce rates are down because A) people can't afford to do it anymore but they are still splitting up and B) less people are getting married and instead shacking up.

Marriage rates are slightly up because of gays. Overall only 32 in a 1000 women a year age 15 and older are getting married.

Nothing here that one would want to cheer about.

Offline mirraflake

Divorce rates are down because A) people can't afford to do it anymore but they are still splitting up and B) less people are getting married and instead shacking up.

Marriage rates are slightly up because of gays. Overall only 32 in a 1000 women a year age 15 and older are getting married.

Nothing here that one would want to cheer about.

Nope, study was done on per capita basis and did not include gays

@Frank Cannon

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
NO!  The government should have nothing to do with encouraging or discouraging marriage within reason.

I thought you were against the Government meddling in our lives?

Oh wait...that's right...

Not a fan of government interference in marriage in any way shape or form. If government wants to encourage people to get married and have children the best thing they could do is as little as possible. If they cut taxes and and regulation across the board it would do plenty to encourage people to live as they wish.

Government interference is why 7 months after my mother's death I am still dealing with her piece of crap long estranged husband. In fact she would have divorced his worthless ass 20 years ago if it weren't for our idiotic no fault divorce laws giving him half of what he never earned. SS survivor benefits are another source of govt interference. My mother said outright that she would rather her survivor benefits go to my father who she hadn't been married to for 40 years.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Not a fan of government interference in marriage in any way shape or form. If government wants to encourage people to get married and have children the best thing they could do is as little as possible. If they cut taxes and and regulation across the board it would do plenty to encourage people to live as they wish.

Government interference is why 7 months after my mother's death I am still dealing with her piece of crap long estranged husband. In fact she would have divorced his worthless ass 20 years ago if it weren't for our idiotic no fault divorce laws giving him half of what he never earned. SS survivor benefits are another source of govt interference. My mother said outright that she would rather her survivor benefits go to my father who she hadn't been married to for 40 years.

Sorry about the infuriating hassle but one example does not make good law.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

“And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.'”

“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

Yeah, whatever?  Is that a good response.  Okay, then.

But I've gotten into the battle of the scriptures in many, many Bible classes and nobody wins.

I still urge you to take scripture personally as to what it means to you and leave others alone.

Offline Hoodat

I think nonetheless, it should be left to the States

Amazingly, our Founding Fathers thought likewise.  Sadly though, there is a poster here who believes that the Constitution our Founding Fathers gave us should be discarded in favor of the tyranny of five people wearing black robes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

How do you interpret "abomination"?

Or the total destruction of Sodom and Gommorah?

I mean, there might be a subtle nuance I am unaware of, but in general those sort of things aren't open to much misinterpretation.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Nope, study was done on per capita basis and did not include gays

@Frank Cannon

I glanced the report from last year and it made no mention of who was being married and also concluded that overall there were no positive conclusions to be made because they were comparing things to 1980 and it didn't factor in population growth.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I mean, there might be a subtle nuance I am unaware of, but in general those sort of things aren't open to much misinterpretation.

Pointless to argue.  Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.  Amen.

Offline mirraflake

Rush Limbaugh is on his 4 th marriage
Trump on his 3rd or 4th, cheating and adultry
New Gingrich cheated on his first 2 wives and divorced them

My SIL gay brother has been with his partner since 1986

What is the real abomination?

@Smokin Joe

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

@Smokin Joe

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Those are specific. and whole towns were erased from the landscape over that.

From Proverbs:

Proverbs Chapter 6

16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

and

Proverbs 17:15 - He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both [are] abomination to the LORD.

Proverbs 28:9 - He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination.

Proverbs 20:10 - Divers weights, [and] divers measures, both of them [are] alike abomination to the LORD.

That's a warmup, there's more.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Abomination/

Without making this into a religious thread, nor sitting in judgement that is above my pay grade, none of the behaviours you mention are righteous.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

@Smokin Joe

Right on brother!    Lack of faithfulness and the breaking of solemn vows -  often vows taken in the sight of God - strike me as the real sins.   It is amusing to see conservative Christians having conniptions about gay couples having the gall to want their "abomination" recognized as a marriage, while shrugging their shoulders at those who ignore their wedding vows when faced with the thrill of a quick fling.    Has that baker who won't provide a cake for a gay wedding ever cheated on his wife?  Dollars to donuts he has!   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Without making this into a religious thread, nor sitting in judgement that is above my pay grade, none of the behaviours you mention are righteous.

But cheating causes real, tangible harm.   It is the breaking of a solemn vow, that if revealed may break up a marriage and a family.

What harm is caused by a gay couple that wants to marry?   

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:09:55 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline Hoodat

It is amusing to see conservative Christians having conniptions about gay couples having the gall to want their "abomination" recognized as a marriage, while shrugging their shoulders at those who ignore their wedding vows when faced with the thrill of a quick fling

It is amusing to see liberals hold fast to moral arguments as they embrace tyranny while completely ignoring the Constitution of the United States of America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It is amusing to see liberals hold fast to moral arguments as they embrace tyranny while completely ignoring the Constitution of the United States of America.

So spoken by one who ignores the Constitution's guarantee of the equal protection of the law.   Son, you're the one advocating tyranny - which is exactly what arbitrary discrimination in the law's application represents.   

Offline Hoodat

So spoken by one who ignores the Constitution's guarantee of the equal protection of the law.

We already had equal protection.  This has been pointed out to you again and again and again, yet you willfully contradict that simple truth.

Son, you're the one advocating tyranny - which is exactly what arbitrary discrimination in the law's application represents.

There is no arbitrary discrimination.  None.  Zip.  Nada.

But hey, at least when I brought up liberals, you correctly assumed that I was talking about you.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:19:22 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Geez. What a pointless and incendiary exercise. Why not get the govt' out of marriage all together. They should never have been involved in it in the first place.

Amen.

Regardless of what the good book may or may not say, Telling other people that I know the Mind of God on Any issue is presumption on a cosmic scale.

As for the State's Rights argument, it's DOA.

Until and unless we repeal the marriage deduction from the tax code, gay marriage becomes Due Process and Equal Protection Issues.

Just ain't gonna happen.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Mesaclone

FYI. Quite frankly, Mark 16:9-19 is a fake...a very late forgery added to Mark to correct what some early editors thought of as the "odd" absence of mentioning a risen Jesus. It was absolutely NOTpart of the original text of Mark. Its not found in any of the earliest known copies of Mark, though sadly it somehow found its way into many modern bibles. The fact that you cite it, shows you clearly don't know/understand the very source material of your own belief system.

Backing this up: The evidence is clear. This ending is not found in our earliest and most reliable Greek copies of Mark. In A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament, Bruce Metzger writes: “Clement of Alexandria and Origen [early third century] show no knowledge of the existence of these verses; furthermore Eusebius and Jerome attest that the passage was absent from almost all Greek copies of Mark known to them.”1 The language and style of the Greek is clearly not Markan, and it is pretty evident that what the forger did was take sections of the endings of Matthew, Luke and John (marked respectively in red, blue, and purple above) and simply create a “proper” ending.http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/biblical-topics/new-testament/the-strange-ending-of-the-gospel-of-mark-and-why-it-makes-all-the-difference/
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Those are specific. and whole towns were erased from the landscape over that.

From Proverbs:

Proverbs Chapter 6

16 These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

and

Proverbs 17:15 - He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both [are] abomination to the LORD.

Proverbs 28:9 - He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination.

Proverbs 20:10 - Divers weights, [and] divers measures, both of them [are] alike abomination to the LORD.

That's a warmup, there's more.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bible-Verses-About-Abomination/

You are citing Proverbs...which is the words of Solomon, Agur and Lemuel in that order. So the Proverbs are simply the opinions of these men and a reflection of their own cultural view...not god's view. God might be infallible, but rest assured that Solomon, Agur and Lemuel were anything but.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain