Author Topic: United passenger threatened with handcuffs to make room for 'higher-priority' traveler  (Read 2365 times)

Offline anubias

@skeeter

Yes, our family member United pilot said that is what happened.  The man left the plane, then went aboard again and refused to leave, went ballistic.

That's not what the people on the plane are saying.  They say he was dragged off after banging his head into the arm rest, then he ran back on the plane disoriented with blood all over him.  They were there after all.

Offline LonestarDream

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline LonestarDream

That's not what the people on the plane are saying.  They say he was dragged off after banging his head into the arm rest, then he ran back on the plane disoriented with blood all over him.  They were there after all.

^ See video.  Contemporaneous outrage from the blond female. 

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
What ever happened to tasers?

Besides being effective, they're fun to watch.

As a side note, the lady sitting behind this man has a new video out.  She basically states he was on the phone with his lawyer for about 10 minutes following his instructions.  Which is why he kept repeating, "you'll have to drag me from this plane".

Cha ching went the cash register.

Offline LonestarDream

I think the ability to get away with mistreating passengers (and call the police on passengers if they complain) and getting away with some egregious abuses that people tolerate because “well, who knows, next time it could be a threat” has corrupted airline culture.

I think what happened to the United Passenger was not only predictable, but inevitable.  Once airlines get used to the idea that you’re “cattle” to be herded and told what to do, arbitrarily, and that if you refuse to pay for extras you’re negligible, you have set up the conditions in which a passenger, sooner or later will get abused and the abuse will get filmed.

https://accordingtohoyt.com/2017/04/12/flying-blind/

What ever happened to tasers?

Besides being effective, they're fun to watch.

As a side note, the lady sitting behind this man has a new video out.  She basically states he was on the phone with his lawyer for about 10 minutes following his instructions.  Which is why he kept repeating, "you'll have to drag me from this plane".

Cha ching went the cash register.