Author Topic: Initial funding for border wall in trouble  (Read 380 times)

rangerrebew

Initial funding for border wall in trouble
« on: April 12, 2017, 10:40:17 am »
April 10, 2017
Initial funding for border wall in trouble
By Rick Moran

The Trump administration's budget request for $1 billion to build the wall along our southern border appears to be a dead issue in the House, as a resolution to continue funding the government past April 27 will almost certainly not include the funds.

With solid opposition by Democrats and some Republicans wavering in their support, Speaker Ryan – who has promised there will be no government shutdown – says funding for the wall will have to wait until later.

The Hill:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/04/initial_funding_for_border_wall_in_trouble.html#ixzz4e1xLCiTk
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

rangerrebew

Re: Initial funding for border wall in trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 10:41:45 am »
So far Paul Ryan has been more ineffective than even Tammy Fay Boehner. :thud:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 10:50:28 am »
I thought that Mexico was going to pay for the wall..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 11:10:49 am »

You are exactly right.  First Bammycare and now the wall.  He needs to go sooner rather than later before he costs us the majority in the House.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:09:49 pm »

Hard to imagine, but I think you're right.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 01:20:26 pm »
We need someone like Mark Meadows or Jim Jordan as Speaker.  Amash gets it right:

"We need either a change in direction from this speaker, or we need a new speaker," Amash said while answering a question about the perpetual gridlock in Washington."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/justin-amash-paul-ryan-speaker/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.