Author Topic: Spicer: Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons  (Read 3315 times)

geronl

Re: Spicer: Even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2017, 08:44:13 pm »
I always ask myself "If someone in the Obama administration had said it, would it make the news?". If  I think not, I ignore it.

Talk about low standards

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 10:19:53 pm »
Will Rush Limbaugh go into his usual excusathon?:

"Sean Spicer was taken out of context."

"If a Democratic Press Secretary had said this ..."

Please prove me wrong, Rush.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 01:11:11 am »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 01:41:14 am »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 01:45:50 am »
Just watched the CBS News and NBC news story on this and watching him say the words and then it only got worse trying to explain his way out of it made me cringe.   Press  Secretaries are suppose to get their boss out of messes, not create the mess.   He should be fired.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Sean Spicer tries to clarify claim that Hitler ‘didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons’

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday that Adolf Hitler didn’t use chemical weapons on his people in the same way Syria did in a recent gas attack on its Idlib province that killed more than 80 people, including children.

“We didn’t use chemical weapons in World War II,” said Spicer during his regular press briefing, addressing a question on the relationship between Russia and Syria. “You had someone as despicable as Hitler, who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.”

When asked to clarify that statement later in the briefing, Spicer expanded his response and the comparison to Hitler, causing an immediate burst of criticism on social media.

“I think when you come to sarin gas, he was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad was doing,” said Spicer. “There was not — he brought them into the Holocaust center, I understand that — but I’m saying in the way [Syrian President Bashar Assad] used them, where he went into towns, to innocents, into the middle of towns. The use of it, I appreciate the clarification there, that was not the intent.”

Spicer clarified his comments in a statement to NBC News immediately following the briefing, at which time his name was a trending topic on Twitter due to the volume of posts on his remarks.

“In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. However, I was trying to draw a contrast of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on innocent people,” Spicer said.

The White House then issued another clarification shortly thereafter amending the final line: “In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust, however, I was trying to draw a contrast of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers.”

Minutes after that clarification, another version was issued to the White House press pool affirming that Holocaust victims were also innocent: “In no way was I trying to lessen the horrendous nature of the Holocaust. I was trying to draw a distinction of the tactic of using airplanes to drop chemical weapons on population centers. Any attack on innocent people is reprehensible and inexcusable.”

The Nazis killed over 3 million people in their concentration camps, primarily using chemically manufactured carbon monoxide and Zyklon B, a cyanide-based pesticide. President Trump cited the attack on Syria as the catalyst for his ordering the United

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spicer-hitler-didnt-use-gas-people-like-assad-190156724.html

Wow.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Haven't we posted enough of this non story on the boards today? What the hell is left to say about it?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Who's nearest? Would you whack Spiceweasel with a clue by four, please?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

Who's nearest? Would you whack Spiceweasel with a clue by four, please?

We haven't had a Press Secretary since Tony Snow died that wasn't a lying shitbag. Before him you had to go all the way back to Marlin Fitzwater. Anybody really losing sleep over this moron Spicer? Anyone really believe this gaff will effect anything of relevance?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Don't think it will affect anything in and of itself. It's another unforced error though - one that should never have been made. This sort of cock-up gives the Dems hope and something to rant about.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Don't think it will affect anything in and of itself. It's another unforced error though - one that should never have been made. This sort of cock-up gives the Dems hope and something to rant about.

I just wondered why someone with such obvious lack of WW11 history would try and make a Hitler comparison?

Guess he missed the gas shower history lessons.  Never watched any footage of the piled up bodies after being gassed?

Where did Trump get this guy?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Came in as part of a package deal with Preibus, near as I can tell - former communication director of the RNC. Funny thing is he was pretty anti Trump during the primaries.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Came in as part of a package deal with Preibus, near as I can tell - former communication director of the RNC. Funny thing is he was pretty anti Trump during the primaries.

Spicer or Preibus? 

Offline Frank Cannon

Really? He was the RNC communications guy forever. Almost 7 or 8 years. He is exactly who you Donny haters covet. A generic, middle of the road GOP'er.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Really? He was the RNC communications guy forever. Almost 7 or 8 years. He is exactly who you Donny haters covet. A generic, middle of the road GOP'er.

I told you I wasn't a politician.  But Donald chose him.  However you want to twist it Frank.

geronl

so was Kellyanne Conway

Offline DB

Trump picked the head swamp spokesmen but it isn't his fault?

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump picked the head swamp spokesmen but it isn't his fault?

I don't care who Spicer was or what he did prior.  Trump should say "You're Fired!" and let this guy go.  It is hard to imagine that anyone with any schooling would not know what Hitler did in his Nazi camps with chemicals.  So the only conclusion is that Spicer just outed himself as a Holocaust denier.

Offline LottieDah

I don't care who Spicer was or what he did prior.  Trump should say "You're Fired!" and let this guy go.  It is hard to imagine that anyone with any schooling would not know what Hitler did in his Nazi camps with chemicals.  So the only conclusion is that Spicer just outed himself as a Holocaust denier.

Agreed.  Spicer should be fired for giving the MSM and Saturday Night Live ammunition and ideas for skits. He is a disgrace.  Trump ought to let him go and quick.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It would have been better if they hadn't launched a pointless attack on Syria in the first place then they wouldn't have had to try so desperately to justify it.

Offline Frank Cannon

So the only conclusion is that Spicer just outed himself as a Holocaust denier.

That's a patently stupid comment. Please show where he said anything close to saying the Holocaust didn't happen?

Your irrational hatred has turned you into a Leftist harpy.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Agreed.  Spicer should be fired for giving the MSM and Saturday Night Live ammunition and ideas for skits. He is a disgrace.  Trump ought to let him go and quick.

Who in their right mind would take that job?  Knowing you would be attacked every day from every side for every word you spoke.  That every statement would be parsed, analyzed and twisted by people who wanted to hurt you and your boss.

I bet people are just lining up for that job.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

That's a patently stupid comment. Please show where he said anything close to saying the Holocaust didn't happen?

Your irrational hatred has turned you into a Leftist harpy.

Just as irrational as your name-calling nastiness, I guess.   :shrug:

Most educated persons knew that Hitler used chemical weapons by the time we were in the 7th grade.  Why didn't Spicer?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

Just as irrational as your name-calling nastiness, I guess.   :shrug:

Most educated persons knew that Hitler used chemical weapons by the time we were in the 7th grade.  Why didn't Spicer?

I threw out a question. Where did Spicer deny the Holocaust. It is established that he said something stupid as a spokesman. He apologized about it showing that he knew it was wrong. Being a dumb ass is not the same as being a Holocaust denier. It's not even close, but since you rabid Trump haters are totally out of your effing minds you are jumping on this like it is the biggest outrage.

You are no different than the rest of the snowflakes wearing vagina hats claiming Donny is taking away birth control and woman's rights without a shred of evidence. As long as you can shoehorn something into your hate meme all is well.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Sean Spicer can be replaced by Bill O'Reilly. (he's a "historian" don'tcha know)  :silly: