Author Topic: Ginsburg Mistakenly Identifies A Senator As A Woman  (Read 2165 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Ginsburg Mistakenly Identifies A Senator As A Woman
« on: April 11, 2017, 06:11:47 pm »
http://www.westernjournalism.com/ginsberg-mistakenly-identifies-a-senator-as-a-woman/

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg mistakenly identified Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., as one of the “women of the senate,” who can help bring harmony to Washington, D.C.

Ginsburg made the observation Monday night while receiving Allegheny College’s Prize for Civility in Public Life, which was also being award posthumously to her former friend and colleague Justice Antonin Scalia.

The event happened to fall the same day Scalia’s replacement, Neil Gorsuch, was sworn in at the nation’s 101st Supreme Court justice.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Ginsburg Mistakenly Identifies A Senator As A Woman
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:13:18 pm »
Mistakenly.

Yeah, right.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 06:15:42 pm »
Are we sure how Grahamnesty self-identifies this week?  She could be right.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 06:17:11 pm »
Well it is Lindsay Graham after all.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 06:18:54 pm »
A Freudian slip about the Senator in a silk slip.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 06:29:50 pm »
I think Ginsburg died two years ago.  Once we can prove it, we can replace her.

@Hoodat
Looks like we're getting closer to proof. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 06:41:37 pm »
Washington Examiner
Ryan Lovelace
Apr. 11, 2017

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg erroneously labeled South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham as one of the "women of the Senate" on Monday.

Ginsburg's misstatement came in her remarks upon accepting an Allegheny College award given to her and the late Justice Antonin Scalia for civility in public life. Hours after Justice Neil Gorsuch was sworn in to replace Scalia, Ginsburg took to the podium in calling on lawmakers to work together, but mistakenly identified South Carolina's senior senator as a woman.

More... http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ruth-bader-ginsburg-confuses-lindsey-graham-for-a-woman/article/2619955#.WOz99UuMNcM.twitter

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 06:42:18 pm »
That's a ruling from a federal judge, folks.

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 08:20:37 pm »
Washington Examiner
Ryan Lovelace
Apr. 11, 2017

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg erroneously labeled South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham as one of the "women of the Senate" on Monday.

More fake reporting from the media. Obviously this remark was not "erroneous", she was absolutely correct in her assessment of Sen. Graham as one of the "women of the Senate."
 :whistle:
Let it burn.

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 08:57:54 pm »
More fake reporting from the media. Obviously this remark was not "erroneous", she was absolutely correct in her assessment of Sen. Graham as one of the "women of the Senate."
 :whistle:

Calls 'em as she sees 'em, I guess.

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2017, 09:09:10 pm »
I fuly expect Lindsey to jump on his menstrual cycle and run Ruth over!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 09:14:21 pm »
Justice Ginsburg did manage to pull it together for Gorsuch's swearing-in ceremony ...I almost didn't recognize her ... and she stayed awake, too.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
As cited  from "The Hill"....

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/328285-ginsburg-refers-to-graham-as-one-of-the-women-of-the-senate

Quoted from today's Justice Ginsberg speech while accepting an award.....

“Let’s hope members of Congress, the members Allegheny College has already honored — Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. John McCain [R-Ariz.] — the women of the Senate, Sens. Dianne Feinstein [D-Calif.] and Lindsey Graham [R-SC] — let’s hope that they and others of goodwill will lead in restoring harmonious work ways,” Ginsburg said during her acceptance speech."

:silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DB

Was she wrong?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

As cited  from "The Hill"....

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/328285-ginsburg-refers-to-graham-as-one-of-the-women-of-the-senate

Quoted from today's Justice Ginsberg speech while accepting an award.....

“Let’s hope members of Congress, the members Allegheny College has already honored — Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. John McCain [R-Ariz.] — the women of the Senate, Sens. Dianne Feinstein [D-Calif.] and Lindsey Graham [R-SC] — let’s hope that they and others of goodwill will lead in restoring harmonious work ways,” Ginsburg said during her acceptance speech."

:silly:

Cute, but I suspect one of the "people" that they honored in the past was "the women of the Senate" as a group.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Was she wrong?

Prob. one those Freudian whatchacallits.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ruth needs to either do a few more of her push ups or retire.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 11:02:02 pm »
   Maybe she's on the net.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 11:11:04 pm »
   Maybe she's on the net.

I threw up a little at 1st....then I got over it!

Offline Millee

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 11:14:43 pm »
Old bird is more lucid than I imagined.   :whistle:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 11:32:11 pm »
Are we going to do a Deadpool on SCOTUS in terms of who dies next? It would be interesting.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 11:41:03 pm »
Are we going to do a Deadpool on SCOTUS in terms of who dies next? It would be interesting.

I got money on Breyer being the next to die. It will be an accident involving auto asphyxiation at a gay bath house.

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 12:03:34 am »
I got money on Breyer being the next to die. It will be an accident involving auto asphyxiation at a gay bath house.

Hmmmm.  I'll put a c-note on the death part... but I need some points on the cause. @Frank Cannon

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 12:28:59 am »
Nearly as earth shattering as Spicer insisting Assad is worse than Hitler because Hitler didn't gas his citizens.

geronl

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 06:29:45 am »
Some may think it's a senior moment, or dementia or whatever.... but it is an easy mistake to make