Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Senate Challenger Accused of Cultural Appropriation  (Read 7816 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
In is what is sure to become an embarrassment to the Democratic party, Senate candidate “Beto” O'Rourke is being accused of cultural appropriation by taking a Hispanic nickname as his moniker during events.

[float=left][/float]“Beto”, whose real name is Robert Francis O'Rourke (and who is not Hispanic) is no stranger to controversy and scandal. He has been arrested twice, on burglary and DUI charges and was the target of a ethics complaint investigation in his home town of El Paso while he was on the city council there involving a conflict of interest and another ethics complaint  for illegal campaign fundraising..

To add even more to the charges of cultural appropriation accusation, the Democratic Women of Texas, Longview chapter, sought out a Mariachi band for entertainment to play up his made-up Hispanic identity.

As a humorous note to this, the nickname “Beto” that O’Rourke chose for himself, according to Urban Dictionary, is Spanish slang for a ‘very large member’. It must take a very large one to try to pull off a con like this.

The Democrats in Texas are facing a steep climb if they want to oust the very popular Ted Cruz. Choosing someone with the background and made up cultural identity of Robert Francis ‘Beto’ O'Rourke has, just made that climb even steeper.

geronl

Re: Ted Cruz’s Senate Challenger Accused of Cultural Appropriation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 05:31:06 pm »
lol

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 05:33:53 pm »
Not now.

Wait 'till 3 months before the election.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 06:15:01 pm »
Looks like he went to the Fauxcahontas school of candidate training.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 07:33:51 pm »
Is it just me, or is it simply impossible to find any examples of 'Crats behaving normally anywhere, anytime!?!

What is that word for when acting in a deviate manner becomes the norm...ah yes,
 "democrat".

What would be NEWS would be to find some 'Crat somewhere who did NOT act like some blithering psychotic idiot, disgusting, swaggering degenerate or insane, hateful lunatic.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 07:35:17 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 07:37:59 pm »
What would be NEWS would be to find some 'Crat somewhere who did NOT act like some blithering psychotic idiot, disgusting, swaggering degenerate or insane, hateful lunatic.

Jim Webb.

About the only one, but I find one who is sane.  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2017, 07:42:29 pm »

"I'm so Mexican that I fart these out!"

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2017, 07:51:52 pm »
Jim Webb.

About the only one, but I find one who is sane.  :tongue2:

He's the exception that proves the rule.   ^-^
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2017, 11:33:50 pm »
He's the exception that proves the rule.   ^-^

Ah yes, I remember him. He's a "moderate" as in, "only moderately insane". No truly ethical, smart, moral person could possibly be a leftist in our current time. The Democrat party's behavior is not compatible with anything even remotely resembling good leadership or governance. The 'Crat party is like the muzz religion - hopelessly dominated by savage, cacogenic, horribly-destructive extremists. Webb is confused. That is the best I can say about him. If he were really a great person, he'd be an independent or Republican.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2017, 11:49:46 pm »
It is odd that the Dems and Native Americans have never rioted over Elizabeth Warren's blatant and obvious "cultural appropriation".

Because her cultural appropriation was much more than a Holloween costume. She actually stole scholarships which were set aside for a specific ethnic group by lying about being one of them.

That is the highest level of 'cultural appropriations' that can exist.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:50:22 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 12:18:48 am »
Is it just me, or is it simply impossible to find any examples of 'Crats behaving normally anywhere, anytime!?!

What is that word for when acting in a deviate manner becomes the norm...ah yes,
 "democrat".

Zell Miller

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 12:24:21 am »
Zell Miller

The poster asked about Rats behaving normally. Zell is the moron that wanted to give expectant mothers classical music CD's (provided at taxpayers expense) to smarten kids up.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/15/us/georgia-s-governor-seeks-musical-start-for-babies.html

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 12:25:58 am »
The poster asked about Rats behaving normally. Zell is the moron that wanted to give expectant mothers classical music CD's (provided at taxpayers expense) to smarten kids up.

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/15/us/georgia-s-governor-seeks-musical-start-for-babies.html

I didn't claim he was perfect, but as Democrats go he wasn't a bad egg overall.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 12:36:11 am »

Compared to what Dems want now, that's tame. At that, the Republicans have moved so left, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them promotes something like this.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:24 am »
Compared to what Dems want now, that's tame. At that, the Republicans have moved so left, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them promotes something like this.

Yeah I'll take Zell Miller over Nancy Pelosi any day of the week.

I haven't forgotten his offer to take Chris Matthews behind the woodshed for a whoopin.

Offline LateForLunch

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 02:14:04 pm »

Wow. That's fairly harsh hyperbole for doing something so innocuous as wanting to increase the I.Q. of children by exposure to (horrors!) Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Hayden and Brahms (for little more than the cost of postage!!!) See, in point of fact Miller is backed up by clinical research. There is a measurable increase in intellectual capacity which is correlated to exposure of infants and small children to classical music. Really. The greater danger in fact is that they might become so fond of the music ( and soothed to sleep by it) that when it is taken away, they may react very negatively!!

So Frankly if we would speak of morons, what would we say of people who toss around extreme castigation / condemnation when they are not even aware of the pertinent facts !?! After all you wouldn't want to be a reactionary! (LFL:glances to each side cautiously).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 02:17:27 pm by LateForLunch »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 01:11:47 pm »
Cruz was at the 1st 100 days of the Trump admin banquet with Larry Elder in Houston, great event.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 01:15:14 pm »
He was not convicted of those charges, call it a criminal record if one must.  That's pushing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beto_O%27Rourke

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 01:19:41 pm »
He was not convicted of those charges, call it a criminal record if one must.  That's pushing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beto_O%27Rourke

Wow, citing wikipedia as true sources.  Even you have sunk to new lows.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 01:38:24 pm »
Wow, citing wikipedia as true sources.  Even you have sunk to new lows.

Wiki is fine if you want to know the orbital velocity of Mercury. For anything remotely political its about as useful as going to the DNC and asking them.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 01:52:39 pm »
When your father is a judge, little things like a DUI can be negotiated down. As can burglary, if it's couched as a college prank.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink