Author Topic: Eric Trump: Nepotism is 'a beautiful thing'  (Read 327 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Eric Trump: Nepotism is 'a beautiful thing'
« on: April 11, 2017, 02:59:17 pm »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/eric-trump-nepotism-is-a-beautiful-thing/ar-BBzFZLj

"Is that nepotism? Absolutely. Is that also a beautiful thing? Absolutely," he continued. "Family business is a beautiful thing. The same applies for Ivanka. Ivanka is by his side in Washington."

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Eric Trump: Nepotism is 'a beautiful thing'
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »
Eric Trump, who took the reigns of the family business along with his brother Donald Trump Jr., said it made sense to trust family members to look after the eponymous business empire.

And he is right. What's the beef here? It's their business. It's their responsibility to run it as they see fit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Eric Trump: Nepotism is 'a beautiful thing'
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 03:27:13 pm »
Eric Trump, who took the reigns of the family business along with his brother Donald Trump Jr., said it made sense to trust family members to look after the eponymous business empire.

And he is right. What's the beef here? It's their business. It's their responsibility to run it as they see fit.

I agree.  If he was hiring/relying upon people who were stupid or incompetent, that would be one thing.  Both of them are not sufficiently conservative for my taste, but they both seem smart and comparatively able.  Doesn't seem illegitimate to me.