Author Topic: The Rice Controversy: Is The Media Proving Trump Correct?..Jonathan Turley  (Read 613 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Rice Controversy: Is The Media Proving Trump Correct?
1, April 10, 2017 jonathanturley

Below is my recent column in The Hill Newspaper on the Rice controversy.  Media spins for Rice continue including MSNBC “AM Joy” host Joy Reid describing the softball interview with Andrea Mitchell as a type of “Government for Dummies” lecture: “She was on with our own Andrea Mitchell yesterday trying to explain how government works, for those that don’t know.”  Of course, unmasking political opponents (if the allegations are proven to be true), would not be how the government is supposed work.  Nor is alleged lying about knowing nothing about the unmasking in prior interviews — a curious conflict with Reid’s take that Rice was trying to explain how government works. This was Rice’s second or third explanation.

more
https://jonathanturley.org/2017/04/10/the-rice-controversy-is-the-media-proving-trump-correct/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Turley has been around a long time and I always find his viewpoint interesting.  While he's no conservative, far from it, he quite often seems right on the mark in my book.

For quite a few years now Turley has sounded the alarm about a Constitutional Crisis.  Whether it be Bush or Obama he's made a strong case in both his articles and TV appearances about the dark road we've wandered down as a country.  And as a lawyer he's naturally very adept at making his case point by point.

He does state however, "I happen to share the anger in the media over the treatment of the press by this president."

I'd like to see him make his case defending the press.  It can't be done.