Author Topic: 150,000 Chinese Troops deployed along NK border  (Read 933 times)

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
150,000 Chinese Troops deployed along NK border
« on: April 10, 2017, 05:37:27 pm »
Just reported on Drudge via unsourced NASDAQ article.....

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/midday-update-stocks-return-gains-on-reports-of-chinese-troop-deployments-on-n-korea-border-cm772273

Any Briefers out there happen to know what the normal compliment of military is at this location?  Intentions?

A Polly-Anna optimistic side of me wishes they are there to take out the punk despot.  Of course, I know otherwise.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

Re: 150,000 Chinese Troops deployed along NK border
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:42:39 pm »
A year ago sending 2,000 troops to the border was news.

http://in.reuters.com/article/china-northkorea-security-idINKCN0XJ0WT
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 05:45:06 pm »
150,000 would equal one trooper per 31 feet of the border, just for perspective.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 05:49:35 pm »
Maybe they are tired of the rogue state and are planning to go ahead and formally annex.

I wonder how this plays with our current secession of hostilities treaty. After all, our original war in Korea was a proxy war with China to a large degree. In this case, we certainly wouldn't go against China dealing with NK, but the South Koreans may not like the possibility of China annexing NK as they believe NK is part of the larger nation, just under occupation.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 06:19:11 pm »
Could this be China's answer to the wall?

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 06:30:41 pm »
Looked around a bit did not find anything on deployments. This source is reporting on Monday's meeting between China and the South Koreans.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/china-s-nuclear-envoy-in-south-korea-amid-talk-of-trump-action-a/3666204.html?cid=cna_flip_070214  is usually pretty good for what is going on in the peninsula.

An interesting and extremely important quote from the article, IMO, from the Japanese:

It probably is not realistic for the U.S. to attack North Korea," a Japanese defence ministry source said. "If America says it is going to attack, both Japan and South Korea will probably put a stop to it," said the source, who declined to be identified.

Asia is not the middle east, and any attack by the US without the cooperation of South Korea, China and Japan is just not feasible.. :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 06:32:42 pm »
Could this be China's answer to the wall?

Sounds pretty effective.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 09:49:38 pm »
  Maybe China is going to take care of this problem, they've done it before.

China invades Vietnam

In response to the Vietnamese invasion of Cambodia, China launches an invasion of Vietnam.

Tensions between Vietnam and China increased dramatically after the end of the Vietnam War in 1975. Attempting to expand its influence, Vietnam established a military presence in Laos; strengthened its ties with China’s rival, the Soviet Union; and toppled the Cambodian regime of Pol Pot in 1979. Just over a month later, Chinese forces invaded, but were repulsed in nine days of bloody and bitter fighting. Tensions between China and Vietnam remained high throughout the next decade, and much of Vietnam’s scarce resources were allocated to protecting its border with China and its interests in Cambodia.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/china-invades-vietnam
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 10:00:27 pm »
I thought Tillerson said they were fine with us taking action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 10:08:13 pm »
I thought Tillerson said they were fine with us taking action.

They may be.  Kim Jong Whacko may not be.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 10:24:59 pm »
  Maybe China is going to take care of this problem, they've done it before.

China invades Vietnam

In response to the Vietnamese invasion of Cambodia, China launches an invasion of Vietnam.

Tensions between Vietnam and China increased dramatically after the end of the Vietnam War in 1975. Attempting to expand its influence, Vietnam established a military presence in Laos; strengthened its ties with China’s rival, the Soviet Union; and toppled the Cambodian regime of Pol Pot in 1979. Just over a month later, Chinese forces invaded, but were repulsed in nine days of bloody and bitter fighting. Tensions between China and Vietnam remained high throughout the next decade, and much of Vietnam’s scarce resources were allocated to protecting its border with China and its interests in Cambodia.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/china-invades-vietnam

How interesting to mention this though I'm not sure how relevant it is, Vietnam ended up overthrowing the Khmere Rouge and they defeated the Chinese fairly well but I didn't know the rest of this. Of course, one has to see Vietnam as defeating Pol Pot as a good thing.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 10:25:33 pm »
They may be.  Kim Jong Whacko may not be.

000hehehehe

geronl

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 10:44:38 pm »
As a show of force against US attacks on NK?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 11:06:01 pm »
It's possible that the Chinese may be growing wary of NKs growing nuclear and missile technology. With the leadership of NK being irrational, the Chinese may be realizing that the crazy, wild-ass, dictator over there is just as likely to use the technology against China as he would anyone else.
Also, since China considers itself to be the only dominate power in the region, they may be irked that that this unstable nut has the power to bring the entire world to war single handedly on any pretense or whim.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.