Author Topic: Midterm trends threaten GOP House majority  (Read 870 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Midterm trends threaten GOP House majority
« on: April 10, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »
By Lisa Hagen - 04/10/17 06:00 AM EDT

Republicans controls both the House and Senate, but the unified GOP Congress might not last past the midterms. House Republicans are seeing signs that Democrats could take a significant number of House seats in the 2018 elections.

President Trump’s approval ratings currently sit in the low 40s — a historic low for this point in a presidency. The GOP Congress, meanwhile, has achieved no major legislative goals in Trump’s first 70 days in office.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/327961-midterm-trends-threaten-gop-house-majority
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Midterm trends threaten GOP House majority
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 01:57:31 pm »
By Lisa Hagen - 04/10/17 06:00 AM EDT

Republicans controls both the House and Senate, but the unified GOP Congress might not last past the midterms. House Republicans are seeing signs that Democrats could take a significant number of House seats in the 2018 elections.

President Trump’s approval ratings currently sit in the low 40s — a historic low for this point in a presidency. The GOP Congress, meanwhile, has achieved no major legislative goals in Trump’s first 70 days in office.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/327961-midterm-trends-threaten-gop-house-majority

I reported this and was called a leftist, repeatedly.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:06:56 pm »
I reported this and was called a leftist, repeatedly.

And you will be this time as well.

And when it comes to pass, you and I will be blamed for it.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 02:22:19 pm »
And you will be this time as well.

And when it comes to pass, you and I will be blamed for it.

Let them try to blame us. After dozens of ACA repeal votes that were merely symbolic, Pubbies were caught by surprise when Trump won. Instead of crafting a replacement bill in the two months leading up to the Inauguration, Ryan, McConnell, and Co. did N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Tea Party voters arguably gave these Congressmen their margins of victory. As for me, my patience is gone.

These Congresscritters have about as much credibility as the man who's fathered 34 children with 17 women.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3011407/Winfreys-network-series-dad-34-children.html
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:25:25 pm »
Let them try to blame us. After dozens of ACA repeal votes that were merely symbolic, Pubbies were caught by surprise when Trump won. Instead of crafting a replacement bill in the two months leading up to the Inauguration, Ryan, McConnell, and Co. did N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Tea Party voters arguably gave these Congressmen their margins of victory. As for me, my patience is gone.

These Congresscritters have about as much credibility as the man who's fathered 34 children with 17 women.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3011407/Winfreys-network-series-dad-34-children.html
Absolutely right. All the GOP would need to do to lock up the midterms is repeal the damn healthcare act.

They are their own worse enemy.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 02:25:38 pm »
Nothing like lying to your base to reduce the chance of keeping you majority.

Repeal of obamacare was one of the biggest pledges all of the Pubs including Pres. Trump made during the campaign. So far they have failed to keep this promise and the one group , the HFC, that tried to keep this promise was attacked by Pres. Trump, the GOP leadership and the media. Why support a party that attacks it's base and promises to do something for 7 long years and when the opportunity comes to get it done can't do it?

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 02:30:04 pm »
Nothing like lying to your base to reduce the chance of keeping you majority.

Repeal of obamacare was one of the biggest pledges all of the Pubs including Pres. Trump made during the campaign. So far they have failed to keep this promise and the one group , the HFC, that tried to keep this promise was attacked by Pres. Trump, the GOP leadership and the media. Why support a party that attacks it's base and promises to do something for 7 long years and when the opportunity comes to get it done can't do it?

And its not the only issue. This desperate push to involve us in the Syrian civil war that conservatives have overwhelmingly opposed since the beginning isn't helping much.

Offline bilo

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 02:52:27 pm »
And its not the only issue. This desperate push to involve us in the Syrian civil war that conservatives have overwhelmingly opposed since the beginning isn't helping much.

I agree.

I start with the sell out on obamacare because that is the biggest broken promise so far. The Pubs were given majorities in the House, then the Senate, and finally the Presidency with the understanding that obamacare would be repealed. They may still turn it around and actually get it done, but they lost a lot of credibility because they weren't ready in the first place. Add to this mess the 180 on foreign policy you mention and the upheaval of leadership with the emergence of the NY liberal wing of Munchin, Cohn & Kushner and a bad trend is starting to develop not even 100 days into the new admn.

No wonder the radical leftists may actually gain seats in 2018. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home