Author Topic: Trump Regrets  (Read 12634 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump Regrets
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2017, 05:07:05 pm »
Thank you for your recommendation, @Right_in_Virginia, but that will not be necessary.

I already deleted this ... w/o you needing to jump in @Mod2

Please delete your post  ... as it was not necessary and does not make sense.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2017, 05:31:12 pm »
I already deleted this ... w/o you needing to jump in @Mod2

Please delete your post  ... as it was not necessary and does not make sense.

You're so cute when you think you run things around here.  :silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2017, 05:33:59 pm »

Oh, from your keyboard to God's ears @txradioguy ... but I think it's pretty obvious that I do not.   :beer:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2017, 05:53:30 pm »
@Emjay

Let me help:

"You are in a small but sensible and admirable group.  There are at least two of us." - Insulting because it implies that anyone who disagrees with you is neither sensible or admirable.

"OMG, Cripplecreek  ... that totally says it all for a Trump hater." - Insulting because it dismisses a completely reasonable argument by simply calling him a Trump hater.

"There are people here who are furious that Trump didn't nominate his sister ... just for the pure joy they would feel in saying 'I told you so.'" - Insulting because it implies a childish motivation without any evidence that anyone actually wanted Trump to nominate his sister.

"One of us is confused and it couldn't possibly be me." - Insulting. A passive aggressive way of saying, "You're obviously the confused one."

"LOL" - Insulting, dismissive. Rather, why not simply say, "I'm sorry. I actually didn't mean you."

"You have gone officially round the bend." - Insulting. Do I need to explain why? In fact, the whole post is basically an insult, but I just pasted this part for brevity.

"I have serious concerns about you.... Get help!" - We covered this one.

Here's what I've noticed in life: lots of passive aggressive types don't recognize when they are actually insulting people. That's because, through their passivity, they don't see an insult as anything less than saying something outright.

Your first two posts on this thread, as outlined above, were actually insulting. Rather than simply say, "I'm also a Trump accepter. He is who we have. I hope he does well," you decided to dismiss everyone else as not sensible, admirable, or simply blinded by Trump hate.

And, in doing so, you set the tone of the exchange with you.

Now - AGAIN - I admit that I used this thread to poke the bear over a specific childish posting style I've witnessed on the board. I'm sorry. That's done for me. I pray I never have to see the term "butthurt" or a laughing mouse emoticon in response to reasonable analysis again, but we'll see.

But, you really need to start asking yourself whether or not you are doing the passive aggressive thing. That sort of behavior is even more aggravating than just coming out and saying, "You suck - I hate you, Trump hating Cruzbot loser!"

@bolobaby

I should let this drop.  I took Smitty one a long walk early to try to talk myself into it.

I don't know how long you've been obsessed with me.  I hardly noticed you before you started your attack and don't think I've insulted you... unless I was too passive-aggressive to notice.

Which brings me to one point.  You criticize me for supposedly psychoanalyzing someone but immediately jump on the tired passive-aggressive thing for me. Hypocritical much?

Why would you go to the trouble to grab all those quotes and throw them back in my face?

If that's not sick... but wait, I'm psychoanalyzing you and insulting you all at once.  Well, that's a passive-aggressive for you.

Every one of the things you quoted was a light-hearted remark designed to make a point with humor and without insults.  That you chose to interpret them another way is on you.

But, if you intended to hurt me and make me feel unwelcome on this Board, you succeeded.

I really hope you're happy about that.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2017, 06:03:27 pm »

@txradioguy

I offered to stop needling her. If you join in that offer, maybe we can get a little Golden Rule action going on. I'd wet myself with joy if we all did that. ;-)
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Mod2

« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2017, 06:06:53 pm »
{Sigh}

OK, this thread is hopelessly off the rails and off topic.  I'm going to lock it for a while.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2017, 06:10:12 pm »
@Emjay

@Emjay, please, I'm begging you, just stop!

We're all here voluntarily and with similar goals.  That makes us almost friends, and for certain, fellow TBR'ers.  Let's try sticking to the topic and quit with the carping and fussing.

Offline MOD4

« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2017, 06:17:39 pm »
2, take your pills.